“Pretty Decent Place to Stay in Downtown New Orleans”

La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown
Ranked #91 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Just stayed here for a couple of nights for a wedding. We were given a special room rate of $159/night. Apparently, the rooms go for around $200 plus, normally. Location is great. About a block from Canal on Camp St. The lobby is nice and spacious. They have the usual free breakfast offerred at La Quintas. But, you need to get there early to get the popular items like bananas and eggs. The other reviews mention this, too. But, it's New Orleans, and you really should venture into the Quarter at least once for a good breakfast. The rooms are decent, updated, and fairly modern. Some king rooms are larger than others. The staff was friendly and even accomodated our early check in. The only downside to this hotel, and probably is like this with most of the cheaper downtown hotels, is the potential for loud and drunk guests. There was a large group of highschool or young college students staying on our floor who felt the need to party and/or argue near the elevators and in the hallway both nights. But, a call to the front desk handled it quickly. All in all a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank scottpajason
Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I went down there with my friend to check out bourbon street and really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was a few blocks away from bourbon street which was great because it was quiet but also within walking distance of all the fun. If your a girl the walk can get a bit sketchy on the way back to the hotel so I wouldn't go it alone. I think this hotel is very clean and provides great value. The gym and pool are average but we used them. The continental breakfast was standard and the laundry facility was just what we needed. I thought the overall experience was great and I travel a lot.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephen L
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We arrived late to check in (as we informed them) and they only had one room available not two. After suffering the indignity of having to squeeze into one room, the next morning they found that there was in fact another room booked after all. The guy the previous evening simply didn't know how to check us in, even though it was fully paid for and he had the Hotels.com paperwork I gave him. He also swiped my Travel Card which caused the full amount of $750 to be withheld even though I had prepaid in full! We didn't have enough money to do any tours! This really impacted our holiday. Even transferring extra money took 3 days so our trip was wasted. It took a good 3 weeks for the hold to be lifted! I have sent an email to La Quinta but have not heard a response. All I request is a small refund for the first night's inconvenience due to lack of second room even though I had prepaid. I thought that there would be great service because these La Quintas are everywhere and a large company.
The room itself was nice, but there was an interconnecting door and I could here everything the people next door said when they were in the bathroom. The actual hotel is nice and in a great position near the French Quarter and the riverside. Breakfast was great but it was hard to find a table. I wish they trained their staff a little better and focused on customer service and responded to email complaints.

Room Tip: Call day before to confirm room/s. I had booked thru Hotels.com and they sent me an email saying th...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BeachHSD
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Absolutely wonderful location--few blocks walk to everything and safe and quiet at the same time.
Friendly staff, impeccable cleanness and very reasonable breakfast.
I would definitely stay there again and wold recommend it to anybody.

Room Tip: knowing that somebody complainrd about noise from the street I have mentioned that when I checked in...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elena N
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is a pet friendly hotel, which is why we went there. Our family of 4, plus a dog arrived with no reservation and got 2 rooms no problem. Our suites were 2 Queen beds in each room on the 9th floor, clean, excellent breakfast 6-9am! The hotel is located close enough to walk to the excitement of Bourben Street! We had issues with electrical in our room & the tv remote did not work! Parking is Valet $26 day, get your vehicle as many times a day as you like! There is a tiny pool on the 5th floor, outside. For the dog, there are tiny little 3 hedge mulch gardens across the street to pee but there is a lovely old park 2 blocks away, LaFayette Square, that was hard for our old fellow, since he's 11 and tried to hold it until we got there!! good boy! Once there, there is a drinking fountain for both pets & humans! I would stay here again as the staff was wonderful!

3  Thank WANDERLUSTinME
A TripAdvisor Member
Snohomish, Washington, USA
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Location was good. Was not overly impressed with staff. They were helpful with directions to places in the city and pleasant. When we asked for blankets for the pull out couch, we were told they were out. Who can sleep without a blanket? The breakfast was hectic. Not enough seating and they didn't seem to restock things they were out of, so if you got there late, you were out of luck.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2012

An easy walk (just a few blocks) to the French Quarter. Good continental breakfast. Our room was clean and special requests (extra pillows) were handled quickly. Pool is VERY small. Over all - a good deal!

1  Thank msalga2
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Orleans
Staybridge Suites New Orleans
Staybridge Suites New Orleans
#86 of 166 in New Orleans
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel
Best Western Plus St. Christophe...
#119 of 166 in New Orleans
Comfort Suites New Orleans
#104 of 166 in New Orleans
Arts District / Warehouse District
Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown
Blake Hotel New Orleans, BW Premier Collection

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown? Share your experiences!