“Good, but with some issues”

La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown
Ranked #85 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The hotel is well located, close to more upscale and pricier hotels just outside of the French Quarter. The staff is friendly. On Friday evening young men were roudy and we had to call to the front desk twice. On Saturday we had to wait hours to get our room cleaned, and then we had to call housekeeping to get sufficient towels. Breakfast was typical of a LaQuinta - adequate, but not up to the standards of a Spring Hills Inn, for example

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mhonig

A La Quinta traveler
Mattoon, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 30 May 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed here passing through on our cross country trip. We wanted to have a night in NOLA while not breaking the bank.

We arrived a few hours early and wanted to see if we could valet our car early. The front desk clerk went out of her way to see if any rooms were ready. She had one set so we were able to check in early - and they gave us a cookie and water when we checked in, which was just a little extra mile thing.

The room was spacious and very clean. Of course, not a 5 star resort, but for the price it was above and beyond what I would have expected.

The location was great - just a couple blocks to the French Quarter. We walked with our 8 month old with no problem. We also were able to walk to the WWII museum the next day.

Everyone from the valets, to the desk clerks, to the maintenence folks could not have been nicer or more helpful. This was our first time in NOLA but it won't be our last! Looking forward to staying at the La Quinta again.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Anne C
A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, Texas, USA
Reviewed 29 May 2012

It's apparent that cleanliness is not a priority here. I loved everything about my room except the fact that my floor was very sticky right at the entry way. I did not make a complaint to the front desk because I was not going to walking in and out all day long and figured that housekeeping would remedy the problem when he/she cleaned the next morning. That did not happen. I was stopped by housekeeping in the hallway and asked if I needed service. I advised her that if she would please leave some towels I would appreciate it. Well, I guess her shift ended before coming to my room because my bed was not made, the towels were not delivered and the floor was still sticky.

After asking me if I need service and you still do not make an attempt to provide it, I'm ready to move on. There's truly no need trying to put a bandaid on the problem now. I will never stay here again and do not recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I love staying at this hotel because of the great amenities, as well as, location to everything in Downtown/French Quarter New Orleans. Having a microwave, fridge, breakfast, and WiFi is a must for us. However, the service is horrible. Valet is the slowest in the city and most unorganized. Another peeve, is being able to get a cart in a timely manner. Front desk clerks allow guests to monopolize carts so that others aren't able to use them. We had to carry all of our luggage down (including a 7 month old infant) because the clerk would not ask other guests who had been waiting over 30 mins for valet to remove their items that were already in the lobby. This hotel CANNOT handle a busy holiday weekend like most other hotels in New Orleans. We will continue to use this hotel because we get discounts but hate we have to deal with such horrible service :(

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank C W
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I spent one night here over the weekend. The room and bathroom were very spacious. Loved how big the vanity area was. The frig and microwave were tucked away in a nice cabinet. It wasn't as clean as I hoped it would be. The bottom of the toilet wasn't clean and there was dust on the base board behind it. The neck roll on the bed was dirty. The walls are paper thin and we could hear peoples conversation and constantly slammed doors all through out the night. Didn't sleep well at all from all of the noise, but hey, it's NOLA, what can you say. It is a pet friendly hotel so on our way down on the elevator, we had stepped in dog urine. Clerk at front desk had it cleaned right away. The breakfast was ok. Waffles, toast, cereal and muffins.
The clerks at the front desk were very nice. Our room wasn't ready on arrival and they stored our luggage in a luggage closet without any worries. Everything was just ok for me.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jvjcr
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This hotel is located near the French Quarter and is a great value for the area. All hotels in the area are overpriced , but La Quinta is very well priced. Good clean room, and a good breakfast. Valet parking was easy ($26.00) . We got to the hotel early and they stored our bag and parked the car so we could start our day. This was my first visit to a La Quinta property, but i will return . Great front desk staff !

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple