“Not satisfied”

Ranked #89 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Houston, Texas
“Not satisfied”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel itself was fine but I like to watch tv when in the room and the cable kept jumping off and then @ about 5pm it completely STOPPED working and the next morning the clerk wasn't apologetic at all and didn't offer any type of compensation, in fact I had to ask..by me liking to watch tv and wasn't able for $194.93 I was very disappointed

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank Yulonda D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Kirkwood, Missouri
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel is great. We always try to stay at a LQ whenever possible. They have a fantastic rewards program. One of our nights was free! The location to the French Quarter and streetcar is perfect. The free breakfast is always great and even though the hotel was full we were able to get a table every morning. Staff was very helpful. No complaints ever at a LQ!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank MARYS5744551
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Again, this is a case where I don't intend two-dots as "poor," just "not good ... you can surely do better!" For the record here, I was travelling with a high school group and stayed for 5 nights.

What did I like? Well, I cannot say ANYTHING bad about the front staff! The front staff was marvelous! I just don't think that they had any back-up and perhaps not a lot of authority to truly make changes.

The hotel!

The location is just off the French Quarter, and so is walking to Jackson Square etc., BUT, and it's a big "but," we were advised not to let the students go out of the hotel for any reason, even in groups, without there being an adult chaperon. To be honest, I didn't feel it unsafe in the immediate area, and I am unsure what safety a petite middle-aged woman could offer that a strapping lad of late teenage years could not ... but maybe I was missing something. So we honoured this suggestion ... but now we had a problem! The common spaces of this hotel are not really very good. The pool is very small and unappealing, the gym is a closet with a few machines (the hotel's photographer does a miraculous job making it look spacious), the breakfast room is actually two rooms or very poor configuration, and the lobby is just too public. In fact, there was never any place big enough to really gather our group without the kids sitting on each other's laps. If you have more than a room's worth of people in your party, this is a problem!

The water situation! This was almost intolerable! Our shower, on its coolest, most-dribbling setting was hotter than my home's hottest tap setting. For days ... FOR DAYS! ... I could not shower, except to do a sponge bath and the fastest of dunks of my scalp for shampooing. I reported this! Nothing was done ... no relief for days! Late in my stay, one afternoon, the temperature was moderate and so I took a long, blissful shower, but it was too little too late. I would have left after the second day, but I was with my group and I was stuck. Other rooms reported the same phenomenon, while some had the opposite problem of no hot water. Sometimes my sink's cold tap ran only hot water and sometimes it was okay. What gives?

In the lengthening list of things inadequate, I add that the ice machine on 3rd floor never gave any ice, despite reporting this on the first day. Beds were small -- doubles, not queens -- and so there was no real option for two to share a bed -- and cots were $10 extra per night. No toiletries were provided on the first day except hand soap (good thing I brought my own shampoo!). A/C only came on the HI setting without ability to moderate for comfort (temperature or noise), In-room coffee was only reluctantly resupplied. Towels were irregularly replenished -- sometimes all (when not requested), sometimes just left where they were, once only one face cloth was returned. Housekeeping failed to come one day until we asked about it around 4:00 in the afternoon.

The general upkeep of the property is, again, irregular. One of our party had the beautiful suite on the hotel's website, and it IS as beautiful as shown there. But not a one of our other rooms (17 in total) was anything more than basic and all seemed in need of renovation. The suite looked and felt fresh, our room right next door was tired. I will say, however, that the sound control room-to-room and floor-to-floor was VERY good!

This place seems to do a whopping business in groups. We were there at different times with two other large school groups, and at least one large seniors' group with dogs. My guess is that make a great offer and rest on the fact that groups are temporary. Had I been here, however, as an individual, I would have left after the second shower attempt -- and had I been with small kids, I would have left as soon as I realized they had no intention or ability to change the heat of the water. That for me was the single biggest problem ... both for comfort and for safety.

You can do better! I am sure of it! With a group, with a family, as a single ... you can do better! Go somewhere else!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Corsicana, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Very convenient location to French Quarter. We parked in the garage next door ($30/day) and walked everywhere. Hotel room was nice, personnel was helpful. Breakfast was okay. No regular coffee first day, decaf just wouldn't do the job :(. No waffle batter or syrup next day, but was replenished soon. No complaints otherwise.
I booked this hotel through Priceline and got a really good deal. I selected French Quarter and Downtown areas on a name your own price.
Canal St is just a couple of blocks away and that is the gateway to most things to see and do in New Orleans.
I strongly suggest the local tours. They will help you determine where to go and what to see if you are not familiar with the City.
The room at La Quinta was clean, the bed was comfy, we were very comfortable. The pool is small.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michelle Y
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We booked a room for a family (2 adults/2 kids) with 2 double beds. They offered us at the reception a suite (double bed and sofa-bed) with more space (nearly 2 rooms). We accepted and expected that we got a room for 4.
Only one bed was made.
We mentioned at the reception that someone had to make the bed for the kids.We had to asked three times for additional pillows and so on.
You can't closed the door of the restroom, we mentioned this also many times. Nothing happened.
The hotel was o.k. but the personal was terrible! Unfriendly, angry and insultingly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bodowin
Clinton, New York
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

- Great location with easy walking distance to French quarter.
- clean, nice room
- little off on their service - had to ask for a portable crib twice (also on reservation though) before receiving
- didn't use it, but pool is really small
- valet parking only and costs $26.99, worked fine and they got the car quickly

Know it's kind of the la quinta standard, but their shampoo is crap and breakfast mediocre continental fare. This one had a really bad set up too and was a cluster...really hard to actually get anything when there were only a couple people grabbing food, although there was someone keeping it stocked who did a good job.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Tastemop
Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Pros: Conveniently located to the French Quarter, lower priced than French Quarter hotels, clean rooms, very helpful/friendly staff. Cons: We reserved two rooms, and in both of our rooms, the bathroom doors did not fully close and the AC wasn't working properly (the units would blow cooler air, but they never truly cooled the rooms down or got rid of the stuffiness). In addition, we were placed on a smoking floor, so the rooms had a bit of an odor to them.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family