“Excellent Value!”

Ranked #51 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Excellent Value!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Place in New Orleans while I attended a conference at the Convention Center. We were very pleased with the accommodations at this hotel. First of all, the location of the hotel is ideal for anyone attending a conference. It is literally across the street from the Center! Our hotel room was very comfortable, clean and quiet. The breakfast buffet was very conveniently located on the third floor of the hotel. There were many offerings with hot and cold items, such as scrambled eggs, oatmeal, pancakes, French toast, yogurt, cereal, juice, Danish pastry, coffee and tea. There were two or more hotel staff members assigned to this area making sure that the food was constantly replenished and the tables cleaned. Past reviews indicated that there was not enough food for guests. That was not at all what we experienced. Lastly, I became ill during my stay and one of the waitresses, Tori, went out of her way to find a list of doctors for me from the front desk. All in all, we had a wonderful stay at the Hyatt and I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jack759
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so happy to hear about your wonderful experience with our hotel! Although I am terribly sorry to hear that you got sick! We do our absolute best to make sure all of our guests are comfortable and taken care of during their stay, and it is so great to hear that you felt that way. I will definitely be sharing your lovely comments with the rest of our team. Thank you for staying with us, and we will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Big Easy!

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Korean first
Sewell, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Place for almost a week and typically really enjoy my stay at this hotel chain. Everything was pretty par for the course during this stay, however, the housekeeping services were horrible. Other than fresh towels and our beds being made, not much else was done. Towels were left on the floor, the bathroom and entrance ways weren't swept or vacuumed, it was overall, just left pretty unkept. Even the trash wasn't emptied.

The cordless phone in our room didn't work and when I attempted to call down to the front desk from my cell phone, I remained on hold for over 10 minutes before giving up and walking down. The employees at the front desk were extremely apologetic and ensured me the problems would be fixed immediately. Unfortunately, I stayed for two more nights and the phone remained broken and the towels remained on the floor. Unfortunate since I do love this chain. It's not my typical experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated, as they help us to continually improve. I want to apologize for your recent experience with our hotel. I would like to assure you that your experience is not a norm for us either. All the appropriate management was notified and steps to prevent this from occurring in the future have been taken. Again, I would like to thank you for your comments, and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

MOBILE
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed at this property April 16-18, 2014 Stayed in room 511, I thought it was AOK! Neat property down a bit from French Qtr basically in the Warehouse District. Breakfast was is a mezzanine type room..plenty of eating area and space. Great spread of food. The breakfast had a nice variety of food. Special thanks to Alex at the front desk...she turned me on to an eatery named Banks and Broad. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank WorldwideTee
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear about your recent stay with us. Our team loves the opportunity to recommend local spots to our guests. As these are often the best places to eat or hang out in the city, and we always want our visitors to experience the best of what our city has to offer! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Big Easy!

Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The rooms are spacious and we found them to be very clean. We read about some of the problems with the breakfast, but we found the selection to be very good and had no problem with getting silverware or plates, etc. Perhaps it is a hit or miss thing, but our experience was very good. The location is pretty good for walking along the river and you can get to the French Quarter or Canal Street within about 15 minutes or less at a regular pace. The staff was friendly and helpful to us, although we did receive some incorrect advice regarding the cruise ship terminal. Try not to get a room on the convention center side, though, as you will hear the street noise. I think it's a very good hotel and the prices are reasonable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I apologize for the incorrect information given to you in regards to the cruise terminal. We just recently reviewed with our staff all information about the cruises. So that should not be an issue in the future. We agree that our location is great for pre and post cruise vacations, as we are right in between the French quarter and our city’s port. Again, I am so happy to hear about your stay with us, and we will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Big Easy!

West Hills, Ca
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Clean room with location across from Convention Center. WORST hotel breakfast ever! The room was clean and the staff was nice. good hotel rate but do not figure the "free" breakfast as included. Immediately go to somewhere else for a real New Orleans breakfast. Also the shower did not drain properly even after notifying the staff. do not rely on the hotel as a concierge since they know very little about tours or restaurants. The room was clean and comfortable. Also if you do not book direct with Hyatt, you do no get points!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mbenoun
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated, as they help us to continue to improve our service. I am very sorry to hear about your experience with our hotel. We try our absolute best to make each guests’ experience with us a great one. I would like to assure you that your comments will be shared with the appropriate management to prevent these incidences in the future. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

No issues with the hotel itself. Very clean, conveniently located, and got room at a great price. Staff was a little moody however. One female manager in particular seemed as if every question asked was a nuisance and we didn't ask many. We aren't "complainers" nor are we "nitpicky." Also didn't appreciate being approached by the dope fiend panhandler who was accompanied by his thug friend who followed us into the hotel after we declined his request for funds. I would have expected one of the unoccupied staff members to politely ask the gentlemen (dope fiend) to leave, but they didn't and the two guys disappeared down a hotel hallway off the lobby. It didn't sour our vacation in any way, but we were together as a couple and my husband is a larger gentleman. A single female traveler may not have felt the same. However, I should note that this was an isolated incident and the only time we were approached by panhandlers during our stay. The hotel is located in what I would call a "safe" area. All in all we would stay here again and it was a great value for the money compared to other hotels in the area. Don't expect the type of over the top service commonly received at hotels such as Hilton, Marriot, etc. You get what you pay for.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heather M
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated as they help us to continually improve as a hotel. I am terribly sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. Our guests’ comfort and safety are our top priorities, and I want to assure you that this is not a norm for our hotel. Our goal is not only to meet the needs of each and every guest but to exceed your expectations.

I will certainly be sharing your comments with the appropriate management to make sure this does not happen again. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, and we hope to welcome you back again to show you that we exemplify the Hyatt standards.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here the night before our cruise left. The location is great for the port. It is also conveniently located a short distance from the French Quarter. We took the street car there and walked back. The room was nice and clean with two queens and a couch. The beds were very comfortable. The noise from the breakfast area carried into our room and if we weren't already awake was loud enough to wake someone up. Our only disappointment was the breakfast. We went down at 9am and found very little food available and not all of us were able to find clean dishes to put food on. I had to eat my oatmeal with a fork because after waiting for 10 minutes for a spoon it was apparent that the staff was not in a hurry to get clean ones out for their guests even after asking for one. I saw many other guests dealing with the same issues that we were dealing with too. Maybe they were short staffed that morning but the staff that was there certainly weren't concerned about rushing to keep up with the demand. The front desk staff however were very helpful during check in and out and answered all of our questions.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated. I am so sorry to hear about your experience with our breakfast. I want to assure you that this is not a typical occurrence, and I will certainly be sharing your comments with the appropriate management to hopefully prevent this from happening again. Our guests’ enjoyment is our team’s number one priority, and we hope to welcome you back in the near future to show our improvements. We hope that you had a wonderful time on the cruise and want to thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place New Orleans. We will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Big Easy!