“Fine Stay in New Orleans”

Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center
Ranked #55 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My adult children and I stayed here for a wedding and were very happy with the accommodations. The room was spacious - although the room my husband had down the hall for the night he was there was twice the size -- and the people who work there are just great. We were using points and that is not always the best but we were treated very well. Parking on the street was within a couple of blocks was easy - but be careful of the Fulton ramp next door! They advertise $10 for overnight when you show your room key but then charge you $20. Not affiliated with the Hyatt but next door. The hotel is in a great location and about 20 minutes from the airport during non rush hour times.

Room Tip: Top floor is best. Northeast corner room very large!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank OtooleQuinlan
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with us. It is so nice to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and we are very appreciative of your taking the time to recognize our team! I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and we will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New Orleans!

Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

See above.
Value is all about customer service. ..Bri, the hotel attendant desk extended every courtesy above and beyond expectations. If she lived in my home town she would definitely be a recruit for my organization. Top of the line customer service! !

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I’m so happy to hear about your recent experience at our hotel, and we are very appreciative of your taking the time to share your comments. Thank you for staying with us, and we will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Big Easy!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Place in New Orleans while I attended a conference at the Convention Center. We were very pleased with the accommodations at this hotel. First of all, the location of the hotel is ideal for anyone attending a conference. It is literally across the street from the Center! Our hotel room was very comfortable, clean and quiet. The breakfast buffet was very conveniently located on the third floor of the hotel. There were many offerings with hot and cold items, such as scrambled eggs, oatmeal, pancakes, French toast, yogurt, cereal, juice, Danish pastry, coffee and tea. There were two or more hotel staff members assigned to this area making sure that the food was constantly replenished and the tables cleaned. Past reviews indicated that there was not enough food for guests. That was not at all what we experienced. Lastly, I became ill during my stay and one of the waitresses, Tori, went out of her way to find a list of doctors for me from the front desk. All in all, we had a wonderful stay at the Hyatt and I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jack759
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so happy to hear about your wonderful experience with our hotel! Although I am terribly sorry to hear that you got sick! We do our absolute best to make sure all of our guests are comfortable and taken care of during their stay, and it is so great to hear that you felt that way. I will definitely be sharing your lovely comments with the rest of our team. Thank you for staying with us, and we will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Big Easy!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Place for almost a week and typically really enjoy my stay at this hotel chain. Everything was pretty par for the course during this stay, however, the housekeeping services were horrible. Other than fresh towels and our beds being made, not much else was done. Towels were left on the floor, the bathroom and entrance ways weren't swept or vacuumed, it was overall, just left pretty unkept. Even the trash wasn't emptied.

The cordless phone in our room didn't work and when I attempted to call down to the front desk from my cell phone, I remained on hold for over 10 minutes before giving up and walking down. The employees at the front desk were extremely apologetic and ensured me the problems would be fixed immediately. Unfortunately, I stayed for two more nights and the phone remained broken and the towels remained on the floor. Unfortunate since I do love this chain. It's not my typical experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated, as they help us to continually improve. I want to apologize for your recent experience with our hotel. I would like to assure you that your experience is not a norm for us either. All the appropriate management was notified and steps to prevent this from occurring in the future have been taken. Again, I would like to thank you for your comments, and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed at this property April 16-18, 2014 Stayed in room 511, I thought it was AOK! Neat property down a bit from French Qtr basically in the Warehouse District. Breakfast was is a mezzanine type room..plenty of eating area and space. Great spread of food. The breakfast had a nice variety of food. Special thanks to Alex at the front desk...she turned me on to an eatery named Banks and Broad. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank WorldwideTee
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear about your recent stay with us. Our team loves the opportunity to recommend local spots to our guests. As these are often the best places to eat or hang out in the city, and we always want our visitors to experience the best of what our city has to offer! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Big Easy!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The rooms are spacious and we found them to be very clean. We read about some of the problems with the breakfast, but we found the selection to be very good and had no problem with getting silverware or plates, etc. Perhaps it is a hit or miss thing, but our experience was very good. The location is pretty good for walking along the river and you can get to the French Quarter or Canal Street within about 15 minutes or less at a regular pace. The staff was friendly and helpful to us, although we did receive some incorrect advice regarding the cruise ship terminal. Try not to get a room on the convention center side, though, as you will hear the street noise. I think it's a very good hotel and the prices are reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I apologize for the incorrect information given to you in regards to the cruise terminal. We just recently reviewed with our staff all information about the cruises. So that should not be an issue in the future. We agree that our location is great for pre and post cruise vacations, as we are right in between the French quarter and our city’s port. Again, I am so happy to hear about your stay with us, and we will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Big Easy!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Clean room with location across from Convention Center. WORST hotel breakfast ever! The room was clean and the staff was nice. good hotel rate but do not figure the "free" breakfast as included. Immediately go to somewhere else for a real New Orleans breakfast. Also the shower did not drain properly even after notifying the staff. do not rely on the hotel as a concierge since they know very little about tours or restaurants. The room was clean and comfortable. Also if you do not book direct with Hyatt, you do no get points!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mbenoun

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated, as they help us to continue to improve our service. I am very sorry to hear about your experience with our hotel. We try our absolute best to make each guests’ experience with us a great one. I would like to assure you that your comments will be shared with the appropriate management to prevent these incidences in the future. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!