“Very good stay”

Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center
Ranked #53 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed for 2 nights, the hotel is well located, right across the convention center and 2 blocks away from the Riverwalk mall. There is also a tram station by the Riverwalk. Rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast is good,they have a variety of breads, cereal, oatmeal, fruits, egg sandwiches, pancakes and juices, they continuously refill it . Great staff, everybody is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Some people complaint that they heard the noise from the breakfast room, our room was on the 5th flo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and that you were able to enjoy our delicious AM skillet breakfast! I will definitely share your wonderful comments with the rest of our team. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New Orleans!

Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

what a great hotel!!!
staff were so nice & helpful at front desk
rooms were so clean
pizza place 100 meters from hotel was great to eat after a long trip
i will be staying there again
i would recommend to anyone looking for a great value hotel within walking distance to canal street

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lerchie
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you so much! We are very appreciative of your wonderful comments, and definitely agree that π is a great place to grab a bite to eat, especially for some delicious pizza. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Big Easy!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My Mom & I stayed at the Hyatt Place for 4 nights and I was blown away by their service! EVERY single interaction with an employee was so great. Everyone asking how we are, can we get you anything, etc. They were very helpful and accommodating. Even the breakfast staff was so nice to us, I was surprised! Michelle & Jamel at the front desk we worked with a lot and we loved them.

Their breakfast was also amazing. So many choices and even some healthier options which made me happy. It was delicious and perfect every morning before we left. We stayed over a very busy weekend with The Voice in town and some Volleyball tournaments, so valet took just a smidge more time than we thought so plan for that if you're visiting on a busy weekend. Otherwise our trip was great. Good location, right down the street from the Riverwalk and were you can hop on a street car. We had a great time! Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Katie B

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you had a great time and experience at our hotel! It truly is amazing how little interactions can make such a big difference, and it is so wonderful to read your comments on your experience with our gallery team! I will definitely be sharing your appreciation with the rest of our Hyatt Place team. We will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New Orleans!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights to attend a wedding. The hotel location is directly across the street from the convention center, walking distance to the River Walk, Cruise ships and Harrah's Casino. Location is not as close to the Quarter as I would have liked it to be about a 15-20minute walk from the French Quarter ($10 cab ride).
Our room was on the 2th floor and overlooked entrance to hotel and the convention center. Room was quiet with free Wi-Fi access and the flat-screen TV. The 2 queen beds were extremely comfortable. The breakfast was better than we expected, with hot and cold foods and beverages.
We had a car, parking at the hotel is more than $30 per night, but we used parking garage next to the hotel where you can park your car for $20 per night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank InnaTs
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and especially that you were able to enjoy our comfortable beds. They do make for a great night sleep! We will definitely look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New Orleans!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My parents and I booked this hotel for its price and its proximity to the French Quarter. What we didn't bank on was sharing the hotel with a lot of teenagers in town for a baseball tournament. On the Sunday night of our stay, they were especially loud and disturbing, but as soon as I called the front desk to complain, someone came directly upstairs to tell them to return to their rooms or they would be kicked out. And when we checked out the following morning, we were not charged for that night's stay because of the disturbance caused. I always value a hotel that values its customers' peace and quiet.

Overall, we had a great stay. The room was comfortable and clean, the wifi was reliable, and it had everything we needed. My only suggestion would be to put a light over the desk area -- it gets quite dark once night falls. But otherwise our stay was top-notch and we will likely stay there again on our next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevators get loud because of the design of the hotel and the number of tourists / te...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank veena_83
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to apologize again, on behalf of our entire team, for the noise disturbance. We always try to be fair and do our absolute best, especially when it comes to the comfort of our guests, and I am very happy to hear that you felt that way! We will certainly be looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Big Easy!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I enjoy the Hyatt Place concept but what I like the most is the openness at the front desk. We were welcomed by Ann and Shelby and both assisted us with check-in, with suggestions on places to go, eat at, enjoy music at, and such. Not that you need much of that assistance in NOLA, but they were a fantastic help. They engaged in conversation and made me feel very welcomed. The bar gave my fiancé a glass of wine (complimentary....it was a long drive!) which was the perfect way to show the welcome was genuine.

On another day, Ann (again) was extremely helpful in printing out some walking tour maps for us and assisting with late checkout arrangements.

The rooms themselves are a bit smaller than other Hyatt Place hotels I've stayed at - but I'll trade that off for the larger bathroom (my complaint with the original room concept design).

The breakfast was pretty good though it was hard to find a seat at times (there was a big crowd for a youth basketball tournament).

Overall, I would not hesitate to stay here. It is within reasonable walking distance to the warehouse district, the French Quarter, the trolley, and of course the convention center.

Room Tip: Open atrium so try to get a room in the higher floors to avoid the breakfast time noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JRTirso

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and even more so that you were able to get some great tips from some of our gallery hosts! I will definitely be sharing your wonderful comments with the rest of our team, and we will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New Orleans!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My adult children and I stayed here for a wedding and were very happy with the accommodations. The room was spacious - although the room my husband had down the hall for the night he was there was twice the size -- and the people who work there are just great. We were using points and that is not always the best but we were treated very well. Parking on the street was within a couple of blocks was easy - but be careful of the Fulton ramp next door! They advertise $10 for overnight when you show your room key but then charge you $20. Not affiliated with the Hyatt but next door. The hotel is in a great location and about 20 minutes from the airport during non rush hour times.

Room Tip: Top floor is best. Northeast corner room very large!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank OtooleQuinlan
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with us. It is so nice to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and we are very appreciative of your taking the time to recognize our team! I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and we will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New Orleans!