Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$184
  • Restaurant
US$245
US$169
  • Fitness centre
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$208
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
US$270
US$242
  • Pool
French Market Inn(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$252
US$208
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
1,158 results
All reviewsfrench quarterfree breakfastcruise terminaldirectly across the streetthe breakfast areawarehouse districtoutlet mallcorner roomhot breakfastwwii museumbreakfast staffthe river walkvalet parkingminute walkwithin walking distanceyogurtthird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed in New Orleans 2 nights so we could go to the National WW II museum. Initial shock- having never been to New Orleans & evidently not having read up enough- it was $16 per night for valet- no free self-parking. The hotel staff was very nice, helpful, & courteous. We got in late & Nam told us some places we could go to eat (we have 2 kids). The kids were disappointed that there was no pool- another tidbit I missed when booking. The clerk gave us a roomy corner room- my daughters loved the seating area!! The room was clean, breakfast was good, overall a good stay.

Room Tip: Get a corner room- bigger & away from atrium.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TXLioness
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hyatt Place! I am so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us this summer and that your daughters loved the cozy corner in your room. It is true that parking can be a bit on the pricey side in our downtown area, but we try to make our parking a great value, allowing daily in/out access without having to pay each time you leave.

I do hope that you enjoyed your visit to the National WWII museum, as it is definitely one of our absolute favorite places to visit in the city and only a couple of blocks away! Again, thank you so much for staying with us, and we will certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next trip to the Big Easy!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at the Hyatt for our family reunion. The hotel is across the street from the convention center and the river walk mall. Down the street from harrahs casino and the aquarium. The employees were very nice, helpful and friendly. Had a problem getting towels and they showed up at 5:45 pm to clean our rooms on Saturday and one valet parked my sisters car in the wrong spot and another one brought down my cousins car to someone else. But overall, we had a nice stay. Marina and Logan were great in helping me with our family reservations.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank rhonda h
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I do want to apologize for the late housekeeping and mix up with the parking and assure you that this is a not a norm at our hotel. I will make sure to share this with the appropriate management so that we can make sure this doesn't happen again. I am so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We absolutely loved having all of our fun family reunion groups join us this summer, and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family and I stayed in this hotel for one night prior to a cruise out of the port of New Orleans. I found the hotel acceptable and the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

My only issue was that I had purchased the "Cruise Rate" when booking this hotel. I had passed over any discounted rates I was eligible for so that I could take advantage of the parking and port transportation benefits that were supposedly included in this rate. Unfortunately, I found out on arrival that both of these benefits were provided by the garage down the street and the hotel was not involved at all. In fact, I could have gotten a cheaper daily parking rate ($8 instead of $12) by reserving online at the garage's website.

I don't believe I would use this hotel for a pre-cruise stay again, only because I feel the hotel should have been more honest about the services being offered.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Steven M
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very appreciative of your comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, but was so sorry to hear about your experience with our cruise package, and I want to apologize for any confusion. I can definitely understand the disappointment with that. We have actually just changed our cruise package, which I think you will find to be of greater benefit to our pre-cruisers. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel and to experience our new and improved pre-cruise experience. Again, thank you so much for you review and for staying with us. We will look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel is convenient to the convention center, but is beneath what I would expect from Hyatt. The breakfast is nothing special, but it is included with your room. The worst thing is that the hotel design has rooms around the perimeter with an open atrium area that runs from the 3rd floor to the top floor (8th). This room in the middle of the building on the 3rd floor is used as a seating and breakfast area. All of the noise from the moment they start setting up breakfast in the morning, to people sitting there later at night travels up the center of the hotel to all the rooms. Wouldn't be a problem if there were seals at the bottom of the room doors. But there arent. There is about a 1" gap beneath the door so all that noise travels right into your room. Screaming kids, plates and pans rattling, people talking...all travels up to your room. Even though we were all the way up on the 8th floor, this noise was like we were sitting down in the room right there. So I hope you are an early riser and dont go to bed until late. I was also pretty disappointed with the house keeping. Although they did replace the towels we used, the did not change the sheets on the 3rd day of occupancy as was stated in their policy. Nor did they clean the bathroom very well at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank BethP67

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated, as they help us to continue to improve our services. I am very sorry to hear about your disappointment with our hotel. Our staff works very hard to exude the Hyatt standards, and I am very sorry to hear that you did not experience this!

Our Hyatt Place is unique in the fact that we do have the atrium as the center of our hotel. While we have had issues with the noise, I want to assure you that this is something our management team is working very hard on to fix, and we are certainly looking forward to our solution! We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to New Orleans and show you our improvements! Again, thank you so much for your review and for staying with us!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Recently stayed here July 2014 for the Essence Music Festival. Great location, Awesome staff. I had a corner room that was very spacious and great view. With in walking distance to everything. I would highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tammi S

Thank you for your great review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during this year’s Essence Fest! We absolutely love this time of year and the liveliness of the city and could not be more excited that you had a great time. We will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Big Easy!