“Great Hotel All Around”

Ranked #45 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Montreal, Canada
“Great Hotel All Around”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Place NOLA for our tenth anniversary trip and we were very satisfied. Really professional staff, clean, really nice rooms, and a wonderful breakfast. We walked all day in NOLA and the hotel was a great place for us to just come back and relax. The only negative thing is that the place is very short of amenities: there is only a small bar (very friendly service though) and no restaurant. Plus there are very few places close by that stay open for dinner. If you are looking to eat at 9pm on a Sunday night and you do not want a sandwich, you are looking at a twenty-five minute walk. Nevertheless, the Hyatt Place NOLA still gets an excellent rating from us because everything else about our stay was great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments and Happy Anniversary! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Late night dining on a Sunday can be a bit more difficult to find, which is why we find so many guests enjoy our 24/7 Gallery Menu, but I do completely understand wanting to go out to dinner, especially in a city with such delicious food!

We have recently had several wonderful concierges join our team. So perhaps next time you staying with us they will be able to help with a recommendation for a good late night bite! Again, thank you so much for your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New Orleans!

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Korean first
Spanish Fort, Alabama
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel itself was clean, modern and accommodating. What set it apart was the staff. My 9 yr old son asked Brianna who was working the front desk if she could make him some cheese and crackers, well they weren't on the menu!! Brianna went into their kitchen personally cut up cheese and presented him with a awesome plate. Brianna went above and beyond the call of duty to make a 9 yr old happy. I've been to 4 star hotels that wouldn't go the extra mile!! I was impressed that Brianna did this, she was extremely nice, accommodating and talkative with us as she had a lobby full of other customers. I hope this Hyatt is paying her well because she was awesome!!!

Stayed August 2014
I am so happy to hear about your recent experience at our hotel! Our team truly does try our absolute best to make sure our guests are as comfortable and happy as possible, and it is always such a delight to hear about these wonderful experiences from our guests. I will definitely be sharing your comments with the rest of our team, and I know they will be just as excited as I am! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, and we will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Big Easy!

spain
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Because we were only in New Orleans for one night we wished we had chosen somewhere more central as It was tipping down with rain and not a pleasant walk. Hotel wasn`t up to the standard of other Hyatt Place hotels that we`ve stayed in so quite disappointing.Car parking is ridiculously expensive in New Orleans and the reason we only stayed one night!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eileen j
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Our team always tries our best to excel beyond the Hyatt Place standards, and I apologize that we did not show that to you. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel to have you give us another chance, and I know that we will not disappoint you again! Again, thank you for your comments, and I hope you have a great weekend!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hyatt place is located in a very good location. Not far from several tourist attraction; Harrahs's casino and premium outlet mall. The hotel itself had few. Minor flaws! Maid service wasn't great! Be sure to inquire about housekeeping rules!! Had to ask to have rooms cleaned. Other than that, breakfast was great! Snack area at bar was nice. Overall a decent hotel would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, we are very appreciative of your comments! I want to apologize for the housekeeping issue. All of our guestrooms should be cleaned each day, and I will definitely be sharing your comments with the appropriate management. I am very happy to hear though that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hyatt Place on your next trip to the Big Easy!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed in New Orleans 2 nights so we could go to the National WW II museum. Initial shock- having never been to New Orleans & evidently not having read up enough- it was $16 per night for valet- no free self-parking. The hotel staff was very nice, helpful, & courteous. We got in late & Nam told us some places we could go to eat (we have 2 kids). The kids were disappointed that there was no pool- another tidbit I missed when booking. The clerk gave us a roomy corner room- my daughters loved the seating area!! The room was clean, breakfast was good, overall a good stay.

Room Tip: Get a corner room- bigger & away from atrium.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TXLioness
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hyatt Place! I am so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us this summer and that your daughters loved the cozy corner in your room. It is true that parking can be a bit on the pricey side in our downtown area, but we try to make our parking a great value, allowing daily in/out access without having to pay each time you leave.

I do hope that you enjoyed your visit to the National WWII museum, as it is definitely one of our absolute favorite places to visit in the city and only a couple of blocks away! Again, thank you so much for staying with us, and we will certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next trip to the Big Easy!

Greenville, Mississippi
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at the Hyatt for our family reunion. The hotel is across the street from the convention center and the river walk mall. Down the street from harrahs casino and the aquarium. The employees were very nice, helpful and friendly. Had a problem getting towels and they showed up at 5:45 pm to clean our rooms on Saturday and one valet parked my sisters car in the wrong spot and another one brought down my cousins car to someone else. But overall, we had a nice stay. Marina and Logan were great in helping me with our family reservations.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank rhonda h
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I do want to apologize for the late housekeeping and mix up with the parking and assure you that this is a not a norm at our hotel. I will make sure to share this with the appropriate management so that we can make sure this doesn't happen again. I am so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We absolutely loved having all of our fun family reunion groups join us this summer, and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family and I stayed in this hotel for one night prior to a cruise out of the port of New Orleans. I found the hotel acceptable and the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

My only issue was that I had purchased the "Cruise Rate" when booking this hotel. I had passed over any discounted rates I was eligible for so that I could take advantage of the parking and port transportation benefits that were supposedly included in this rate. Unfortunately, I found out on arrival that both of these benefits were provided by the garage down the street and the hotel was not involved at all. In fact, I could have gotten a cheaper daily parking rate ($8 instead of $12) by reserving online at the garage's website.

I don't believe I would use this hotel for a pre-cruise stay again, only because I feel the hotel should have been more honest about the services being offered.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Steven M
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very appreciative of your comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, but was so sorry to hear about your experience with our cruise package, and I want to apologize for any confusion. I can definitely understand the disappointment with that. We have actually just changed our cruise package, which I think you will find to be of greater benefit to our pre-cruisers. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel and to experience our new and improved pre-cruise experience. Again, thank you so much for you review and for staying with us. We will look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!