“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #110 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
Cocoa, Florida
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed for 3 nights. Our first front desk lady was amazing! She found vegetarian restaurants for us and printed out the info, including directions! After that, we didn't see anyone at the front desk. When I wanted to mail a letter, I stood at the counter twice, but couldn't find anyone. Finally my husband came over and yelled. A girl came out from somewhere and gave us directions to the post office, two miles away. This is the first hotel I've been to that didn't have mail service, which was a little disappointing.

The reception area and dining room (always open, with a big TV, and serves coffee) is really nice--comfortable and clean. The breakfast was typical hotel breakfast, and includes waffles, eggs, instant packaged oatmeal and grits, bananas and apples.

There are construction type guys hanging around the front by the pool, smoking and drinking, but they were friendly and harmless. I was glad my husband was with me.

Our room was on the 3rd floor, so it was quiet. The elevator was good. Our room wasn't ready when we first got there (communication problem between front desk and maid), but we waited a short time in the dining room, and it was ready pretty quickly. The beds and bedding were AWESOME! Air conditioner worked great! Curtains blocked out light so you could sleep in. The room was really nice and mostly clean. There was a long dark hair on a washcloth, so I just threw it on the floor to be washed. The bathroom floor needed to be swept (hair on the floor) and the bedroom needed to be vacuumed (gummies from previous guests on the floor), and neither were done for the 3 days we were there. I could have cleaned them myself, but I felt like I was paying for them to do it, and kept hoping they would. No biggie. Other than that, everything was perfect! Overall, we were happy with the hotel and really liked all the staff. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rmom23
Mark P, General Manager at Comfort Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites New Orleans. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. It is of course with great concern I learned of the issues with housekeeping and delays at Front Desk. I want to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided and take immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. I trust we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel and that you will find an improvement should you return to stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Mark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We have stayed many times before. They have recently updated their bed linens. They are crisp and white and very fashionable. The room was clean and fresh. The bathroom was roomy and emaculate.

As always , DaWana the receptionist was friendly and helpful.

This hotel is a block from the interstate and about 15 to 20 minutes from downtown and tourist attractions.

2 Thank MrsJS100
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was pleasantly surprised from the minute we arrived. When checking in, the lady behind the counter was very friendly and welcoming. In fact, every single member of their staff was the same way. We've stayed in a lot of hotels for our travel baseball team and I've never had a cleaner room than this! We felt very much at home here. I'd like to personally thank Dewanda & Christine Tran for such a wonderful experience!

1 Thank Jenna L
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our baseball team stayed at this hotel and we enjoyed our stay from the time that we walked in and checked out. The entire staff provided excellent service. Especially, Dewanda and Christine Tran their professionalism was amazing. The breakfast ladies treated our baseball team boys with kindness and love. The entire staff treated us like family, and we felt right at home. My room was beautiful and had a clean fresh smell. Housekeeping workers did a great job in cleaning the room and leaving and inviting aroma. The beds and pillows were comfortable. I definitely will be staying again!! Thanks, we did not want to check out it was so comfortable.. Comfort Suites in New Orleans, LA (Bullard Ave)

Room Tip: Any room that you stay in will be excellent.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Manuel S
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was the first hotel that I have stayed in whre I enjoyed my stay from the time I walk in the hotel until I checked out.I called the hotel only 5 minutes before arriving asking if they hadany extra rooms due to it being essence festival weekend. Melissa immediately serached and mycousin and I received the alst room. Melissa took my credit card ifnormation over the phone and proceeded to chargecard for our lenth of stay. When we arrive she was waiting on us and had already started the paper work. She grreted us with her southern chzarn along with her other co-worker they got us checked in and proceeed to showus on a map how to get to the superdome and french quarters from the hotel. The rooms were nice and clean and the very beuatiful good jon comfort suites. the brekafsat was awesome. The staff each morning was very freindly and courteous to all guest. We had a light out in our restroom th emaintenance man cam right away and fixed it that made our day
Ms. Rennie Doucett/Jolaoso
Houston, Texas

Room Tip: Services was prompt from the hotel clerks, the maintenance man, and even the cleaning staff. They al...
1 Thank Jolaoso R
Tulsa Ok
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Even though we visiting and did the touristy-French-Quarter thing, I was glad this hotel was NOT near the French Quarter. It was easy driving distance. The room and bed was comforable. The price was affordable. Easy check in and check out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank tkaylewis
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Me and my grand daughter went to New Orleans to surprise my dad for father's day, so we made reservation at Comfort Suites in New Orleans East. My dad and family all live in east New Orleans. Upon arrival at the hotel the receptionist (tblufo) received me with grace and honor, she was polite and helpful the whole time that I was registering in to get my room. She gave me direction of my room, the breakfast area, and where the ice machines were located. She even ask me to enroll in Choice Privileges and she help me to enroll ( I'm glad I did ). My room was beautiful, clean and smelled inviting ( very nice aroma ). My grand daughter just loved the bed it was clean and comfortable, the beds had two choices of pillows ( soft & firm). We were only there for one night but we were very, very pleased. The continental breakfast was great and we did not expect any meat but there was. We just felt right at home. I plan on going back to the same Hotel in November for Thanksgiving. We did not want to check out it was so comfortable, "Thanks" Comfort Suites in New Orleans, La (Bullard, Ave.)

Room Tip: Keep in mine that rooms on the first floor has the most movements and activity through out the days...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family