We stayed for 3 nights. Our first front desk lady was amazing! She found vegetarian restaurants for us and printed out the info, including directions! After that, we didn't see anyone at the front desk. When I wanted to mail a letter, I stood at the counter twice, but couldn't find anyone. Finally my husband came over and yelled. A girl came out from somewhere and gave us directions to the post office, two miles away. This is the first hotel I've been to that didn't have mail service, which was a little disappointing.
The reception area and dining room (always open, with a big TV, and serves coffee) is really nice--comfortable and clean. The breakfast was typical hotel breakfast, and includes waffles, eggs, instant packaged oatmeal and grits, bananas and apples.
There are construction type guys hanging around the front by the pool, smoking and drinking, but they were friendly and harmless. I was glad my husband was with me.
Our room was on the 3rd floor, so it was quiet. The elevator was good. Our room wasn't ready when we first got there (communication problem between front desk and maid), but we waited a short time in the dining room, and it was ready pretty quickly. The beds and bedding were AWESOME! Air conditioner worked great! Curtains blocked out light so you could sleep in. The room was really nice and mostly clean. There was a long dark hair on a washcloth, so I just threw it on the floor to be washed. The bathroom floor needed to be swept (hair on the floor) and the bedroom needed to be vacuumed (gummies from previous guests on the floor), and neither were done for the 3 days we were there. I could have cleaned them myself, but I felt like I was paying for them to do it, and kept hoping they would. No biggie. Other than that, everything was perfect! Overall, we were happy with the hotel and really liked all the staff. We would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Orleans Comfort Suites(R) hotel 10 minutes drive from the historic French Quarter, famous Mardi Gras celebration, annual New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, Louisiana Superdome, Louisiana Children's Museum and Audubon Zoo, part of the Audubon Nature Institute. The hotel features many of the modern amenities that today's guests expect, including: Happy hour Monday and Friday, fitness center, business center, guest laundry, and free deluxe hot breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Comfort Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Comfort Suites