“Excellent accomodations”

Hampton Inn New Orleans - St Charles Ave / Garden District
Ranked #15 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn on St. Charles and have never had a bad experience. It is an excellent hotel, excellent value and located in an excellent part of a great city. This is one of a very few free hotels anywhere that has freee

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pat H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was a great location for our needs. The breakfast was very good, coffee, tea & fruit is available 24 hours in the lobby. The staff was extremely nice and we look forward to staying here again in December on our next trip to NOLA

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank H4756WMpeters
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Beautiful place in the great Garden District. Right on the St. Charles trolley line. Also, walking distance to several nice restaurants. A real bonus was the free off street parking.
Asked for a restaurant recommendation at front desk was sent to Superior Seafood, an easy walk down St. Charles, an outstanding place.
If you want a bit less craziness than the French Quarter plus free parking and walking distance to loads of nice places you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear of the building may be quieter due to trolley in front.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patrick H
Reviewed 8 May 2014

When planning to visit relatives in a Houston, my wife and I decided to plan our first visit to New Orleans. As we have recently enjoyed staying at a Hampton Inn in Indianapolis and Orlando we decided on the most central Hampton of the three available. The location of this hotel is in the Garden District of New Orleans. Very nice quiet location. This is the only location with free parking. The street car line is right out the front doors. $3.00 gives you unlimited rides on all of the three street car lines. A few blocks south were several blocks of an artsy type area with some very nice eating establishments. Also nearby is an old city cemetery. For the few days we were there, we enjoyed the breakfast. Always well stocked and fresh. The staff was more than friendly and all very helpful in answering our questions. Rooms were smaller but very clean. The absolute best shower ever. Lots of hot water and the best Waterpik nozzle. Beds were as comfortable as home. Will stay there again on our next visit to N.O.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oldmenrule
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Convenient, affordable, and comfortable. The staff was really helpful. The lobby and outdoor area was nice and a great place to have breakfast in the morning. My room was quiet and comfortable. The trolly was under construction, but if you are looking for a convenient place in the Garden District, I highly recommend the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ana Maria S
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I was traveling with a friend - we found this wonderful hotel at the last minute and what a find. The lobby is tastefully decorated and very spacious. I loved the large separate "living room" to the left as you enter the hotel - a great place to unwind and relax with a book or just visit.
In the late afternoon they set up a small sampling of cheese, crackers and grapes. They have iced tea and hot beverages as well.

The breakfast was fairly typical but very nicely prepared. In many hotels you often get eggs and such that have been "nuked" beyond tasting like food. The spacious lobby allows for plenty of seating also.

Our room wasn't really large, but it was nicely appointed and every clean. And, the bed and linens were very comfortable.

I will absolutely return to this hotel!

Room Tip: A Best Western hotel is located next door and there is a restaurant on the corner. Within a few bloc...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Herongirl24
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My Family and I stayed at this property 4-21-14 to 4-26-14. We arrived at the front desk and was treated very rudely by an employee name Jasmin. No Hello, no welcome, no greeting at all. She just stated "your id and credit card", verified my name and gave me keys. She told us where to park and we left. A couple days later my key wasn't working to I went to the front desk and she was on duty. I told her my key didn't work and she promptly blamed me for damaging it. She never looked at me while she was fixing the key card. I have never been treated so rudely at a hotel in my life. If I were her manager, she would be terminated.

One of the reasons we booked this particular hotel is the street car stop is right in front. No one cared to tell us St. Charles is under construction and you have to walk about 3-4 very long blocks, catch a city bus to the next street car stop, get off, wait for the street car to pick you up. That's about a 45-60 minute process. While on the public bus I got to listen to a local talk about how he hated working for the "white rich B's"...Nice!! I understand this has nothing to do with the Hampton other than I would have liked to know before I booked about the street car/construction situation. I would have chosen another location.

My last CON are the beds. The hotel uses bottom of the line mattress. They are junk. Very disappointing for a Hilton branded hotel. I'm not a picky person but these are bad.

Now for the PROS
Our room was very clean when we checked in and every day afterward. The entire property is kept very clean.

All employees, except for Jasmin were very helpful and friendly.

The breakfast every morning was plentiful. You don't have to wake up early so you get food. They keep it stocked until 10 am. Plenty of variety. Nice quality food.

Cheese, crackers, and grapes in the afternoon is also provided. The pepper jack was my fav.

Overall, we would stay again providing the construction is complete and Jasmin is no longer an employee. I would call and ask before making a reservation. Hopefully, the beds will be upgraded. Working in customer service myself, I know what is expected and Jasmin is not providing it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family