Hampton Inn New Orleans - St Charles Ave / Garden District
  • Restaurant
US$154
US$147
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$414
US$389
  • Restaurant
Hotel Le Marais(New Orleans)
US$240
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$147
HolidayInn.com
US$332
US$302
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$121
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$216
US$207
  • Pool
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$140
  • Breakfast included
1,114 results
All reviewsgarden districtsuperior grillgreat locationtulane universityfrench quartertrolley runsaudubon parkeasy accesstrolley carday passmardi grascomfortable hotelsmall poolself parkingi highly recommend this hotelroom keyfitness center
Reviewed 3 May 2009

this was my second trip to New Orleans and I was delighted to find the hotel is on the route of one of the main Mardi Gras routes, resulting in the trees dripping leftover colorful beaded necklaces. Kind of a unique New Orleans version of Spanish Moss. A cabbie told me that prior to Hurricane Catrina, men with long poles removed them after the parades. I'm glad they were still there. The hotel is also on one of the most picturesque streets, with many beautiful southern and french style mansions. It is also close to Audobon Park, Millionaire's Row, and the streetcar line that inspired Tennessee Williams' "A Streetcar Named Desire". There is an excellent Mexican restaurant right next door, and the hotel itself looks like a restored mansion, although it was actually built about 10 years ago. There is a free breakfast that includes cereal, coffee, juice, fruit, eggs, ham, biscuits, etc. Also an afternoon cheese, crackers, and fruit snack. Security seems good, and there is parking available behind the building. Staff is courteous, although be aware that you'll have to lug your suitcases up the steps, into the lobby yourself... there is no doorman. The room was roomy and comfortable, with a queen sized bed, refrigerator, microwave, sofa, etc. Also, free internet access.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2009

If you've ever stayed in a Hampton Inn, you know the drill, but I think this one is a bit below average. Desk clerk did the minimum, couldn't wait to get back to the book he was studying. The "cheese and tea" evening reception should be avoided if you enjoy either cheese or tea. Cheese choices are small cubes of either orange or white, tea choices are a few bags of Bigelow brand. Get to the breakfast early. Though it's advertised til 10, the food is pretty much gone by 8:30 or 9:00 and not replenished. I only got something one out of my three mornings. No fitness facilities, not even a treadmill. Located in the residential part of St. Charles Ave., plan on either taking a car or walking at least 30 minutes to any restaurants or shops (though the great Delachaise bar is just down the street). The street car line does run right in front, but it's not convenient to many non-touristy places.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank likestodineKentucky
Reviewed 23 February 2009

My wife and I had a 2 night, 3 day anniversary trip to New Orleans in early February of 2009. We flew in and out of N.O. and took the Airport Shuttle to and from the Hampton.

We arrived earlier than check-in time, but the room was ready. Since we had not been to the city in several years, we asked at the front desk about transportation, places to eat, sites to see, etc. The response was great. We could tell that the staff was very familiar with the city and all our questions were answered. We purchased a 3 day pass and rode the street car up and down St. Charles Avenue to see and do all kinds of things.

The location of this Hampton is quiet and we really felt safe in and arount the hotel.

To sum up, we had a great time and look forward to staying at the Hampton Garden District again.

Clyde & Kathy

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2008

I travel to New Orleans on business once a month or so. I like the personal feel of this hotel. The staff is very friendly and the lobby is a nice size...you don't feel overwhelmed. The lobby has a computer for surfing the web or you can do WiFi in your room which I connected to with no problems. The breakfast is decent and the afternoon cheese and crackers make a great pre dinner snack. My room is always clean. Great bed and pillows, Quiet, Fridge, microwave. My only complaint is the secure card swipe slot in the elevator is touchy.

I won't comment on the price as I am not paying....but my rate was $131 per night. For food try the mexican place next door, Fat Harry's or Cannon's....all are good. Try the Bull Dog if you want an adventure or more local flavor.
KS

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 6 June 2008

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Garden District for a week with my 86 year old mother and 3 daughters while we were visiting my sister. The rooms were a nice size, with a refrigerator and microwave. The beds are very comfortable. The cheese, fruit and tea reception in the late afternoon is a nice way to relax after a day of siteseeing, and if you'd like a drink to go with your cheese the Superior Grill 2 doors away makes a mean margarita to go. Parking is free, and the hotel is conveniently located. You can also jump on the streetcar (which stops across the street from the hotel) to get to the French Quarter or to Riverbend, where there are some great restaurants. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful, and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)