“The Best Service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Antebellum Guest House
Ranked #52 of 140 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“The Best Service”
Reviewed 12 April 2011

The linens were crisp, clean and so fresh that we asked the secret to their laundry success. Keith is one of the finest Bed and Breakfast cooks I've ever known. What a pleasure this trip was for us! Thanks Art and Keith!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
St. Pete Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 March 2011

I don't even know where to start with this review, everything was so fantastic!

While there are two owners, Keith seems to be in charge of all the front end stuff and is incredibly kind and helpful both around the property, and in helping advise on things to do in the city.

The whole building is decorated with beautiful antique furniture from the 1800's making it feels like you've just stepped back in time. The real kicker was the bed in our room (the Bordello Suite) which was an antique piece rescued from what must have been one of the classiest brothels in all of Storyville!

Perhaps the best part of our stay were Keith's fantastic and authentic breakfasts he served each morning. The food was just fantastic and we were amazed at the amount of time and dedication Kieth put into each meal.

The location is also ideal since it's easily walking distance from the French Quarter, while leaving you far enough away from the late night craziness that you can sleep in peace and quiet.

I am still amazed this place doesn't charge more for these rooms. Everything about our experience was superb and you should not even give it a second thought if you are thinking about making a reservation.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 27 January 2011

The B&B industry needs more people like Keith and Art. The house has a good story, attention to detail and you can't find better people. Breakfast is highly recommended and a great time to catch up on what's going on and politics in general. Just go!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Over the years I've stayed at many B&B's and this is ABSOLUTELY the most wonderful. Keith and Art made sure we were comfy and well taken care of. Breakfast was lovely. Most folks only use their silver on special occasion, but every breakfast is special @ The Antebellum.
Location is perfect.
Ask about their Katrina survival story. Amazing. They are just wonderful, quality people sharing their love of the historical and cultural treasure that is New Orleans.
Honestly, I can't imagine staying anywhere else next time I go back

RHO

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
ohio
Reviewed 26 December 2010

We loved this B&B. We stayed over New Year's Eve 2009. We were in the two bedroom suite at the top of the stairs. The house was beautiful - especially the amazing Christmas tree! Keith and Art were the perfect hosts. Keith was so kind and welcoming, and Art always had the most interesting stories to share at breakfast. It truly felt like we were guests in their home. You can read the other reviews to hear about breakfasts. You won't believe it until you see it yourself. I'll just say that eggs in cream is my new favorite breakfast, and every morning breakfast was as beautiful as it was delicious - we even took photographs! There were four of us in the suite and my only complaint was that we seemed to run out of hot water after the second or third person showered, so at least one of us always had a cold shower. The soaps provided were wonderful - hand made and very subtle scents - loved them! If we ever make it down to NO again, this is the only place we will stay. Just wonderful!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
achara33
Reviewed 12 April 2010

If you're a B&B person you'll love Antebellum... it's like staying with a good friend. We could not have been more pleased with our choice of Bed & Breakfast and with Keith the inn keeper/owner. Antebellum is historic, nicely decorated and within walking distance of the French Quarter, though we choose to use the bikes that were available to us. The rooms are spacious, clean, the bed was very comfy and there were handmade soaps as well as various shampoos stocked. We stayed in the Bordello Room which has the most beautiful bed. Side note: there are some pictures in the room with nudity that may bother some... they are of the girls that worked in Storyville (Red Light District). There is a pleasant seating area which is located in the beautiful rear courtyard, with access to the hot tub nearby. We also enjoyed having access to the refrigerator to store left overs.
On our way to New Orleans my husband hurt his back really bad and was not able to move around much for about four days, a couple of them he could not even leave the room. Owner and host, Keith was the star of our stay... he made breakfast in bed (3 courses) for my husband which was served on a silver platter. On another day, Keith guessed we had not had lunch due to my hubby's back issues and made a wonderful meal and brought it up to our room. Also, my husband had not had the pleasure of tasting Cafe Du Monde's chicory coffee Au Lait. Keith suggested he make it special for my hubby and brought it up to our room- served again on a silver platter. I forgot my cell and Keith insisted I take his, so my hubby did not worry while I was out. The list goes on and on in regards how great Keith is.... he makes you feel like your a close friend and not just a guest.
OK on to more practical stuff about our stay. Keith is extremely helpful in giving tips about area restaurants (Commanders Palace was wonderful) and other local features, providing directions to specific locations, allowing use of his computer (the free wifi can be tricky in certain rooms), and gladly answering all questions. He introduced residents to each other and made us feel at home and comfortable with each other. Which brings me to the best part of our stay here... the old time homemade breakfast!!! You are missing out if don't experience Keith's cooking. He put many local NOLA restaurants to shame- Seriously. My husband said this is what saved this trip from being the worst ever (due to his back)- the breakfast. We were offered sophisticated regional cuisine in an elegant and romantic setting. The menu highlighted fresh, local ingredients, all created with exceptional attention to detail and we got three courses! I appreciate detail and I was not disappointed.
We have stayed in many B&B's all over the country and this has to be one of the best stays in regards to food and service. Thank you Keith for making what could have been the worst trip ever a good one. We hope to visit you again which says a great deal, because we usually like to try new places when we travel, but we wound not stay anywhere else in NOLA. God Bless.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 18 March 2010

My stay at the Antebellum Guest House was phenomenal and I highly recommend those who appreciate bed and breakfasts to do the same.

The house is beautiful and full of charm. A virtual museum of interesting artifacts, historical pieces, and stylish decor, one could get lost just exploring the detail. Located on one of the most beautiful streets in New Orleans, it was a short walk to the quarter.

The rooms were beautiful and I slept well on the high beds. Lavishly decorated, the rooms each have a personality of their own.

This is a B and B that emphasizes breakfast. Copious amounts of fresh fruit come first followed by some glorious creation that owner Keith has lovingly whipped up! His creativity matched with a love of old recipes equals a breakfast feast that is unrivaled. I definitely felt indulgent each morning as I finished the meal satisfied with my taste buds awake and my belly full.

Most importantly, Keith and Art were consummate hosts as they went out of their way at each turn to make my stay more enjoyable. I could not have asked for a better experience. I feel like I made friends and have a home away from home in New Orleans.

Stayed March 2010, travelled on business