STOP! Don’t even think about this place if you want it quiet. It is considered a “family motel” so there are small children screaming and running all over the place. The feel of this motel is very nice the minute you enter with a log and rustic wilderness touch. The backside has a lovely huge rock waterfall overlooking a nice patio. The staff is friendly and very helpful, however we were given a double queen room overlooking the back and peaceful side. We thought it was too small for us with two grandchildren and we asked for a larger room. The only one they had was a handicapped room, right by the elevator and ice machine on the 3rd floor. It was a nice large room with a balcony but terrible location. We were awakened at 6:15 AM by people getting ice every 15 minutes and noisy loud children next to us. We were told they were sold out and they would not change our room, even though new people had not arrived yet. It had a very tiny kitchenette with sink, microwave and mini refrigerator. The closet was like a small amoire so it doesn’t hold much. Some of the towels were worn and frayed and the sheets were thin. Breakfast is included and is exactly like what most all other Holiday Inn Expresses serve. The pancake machine was down for two mornings which disappointed the children. The eating area was large and nice. We are seniors and like quiet, so no way would we return, and we left a day early. There were other people checking out early also because of the noise level here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the beautiful views of the Black Hills of South Dakota at our Custer hotel. Travelers will enjoy a comfortable stay at our newly-built, non-smoking Holiday Inn Express Custer hotel, located conveniently off Highway 16. The whole family is sure to enjoy staying at our charming hotel in Custer, South Dakota. Situated in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota, our contemporary Custer hotel is just minutes from several of South Dakota's most popular attractions including Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial and Custer State Park. Other nearby sights and attractions include Bear Country USA, Evans Plunge and Jewel Cave, the second longest cave in the world. Unlike some hotels in South Dakota that can be disappointing, business travelers are sure to be pleased and impressed with the accommodations our Custer hotel provides. Along with breathtaking views and close proximity to many Custer, South Dakota attractions, our hotel in Custer is also located near a variety of companies such as Custer Hospital, Pacer Corporation and the US Forest Service. During your visit to Custer, South Dakota, take time to relax by our indoor, heated pool and work out in the fitness center. Also, make sure you try our complimentary hot breakfast bar that features our signature cinnamon rolls. Start planning your South Dakota vacation or business trip now, and enjoy the best Custer hotel deals and rates. Book your reservation today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, IHG, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Custer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Custer Hotel Custer
- Holiday Inn Custer
- Custer Holiday Inn Express