Read the great reviews which sealed the deal for us when we planned a trip to SD and Wyoming. This HIE is a jewel in the middle of a tourist-trap-filled area surrounding Mt Rushmore. Most other lodging consists of mom-and-pop motels so it was a welcome sight to find this one. Just FYI, there are a couple of other HIE's in the area in Hill City and Keystone. The hotel was very welcoming, friendly, and CLEAN. We arrived during a surprise early-season cold snap, including snow. The staff was very helpful in advising of road conditions and good places to eat. A must for me is a quiet place for the night, and this did not disappoint. Has a basic work-out room, indoor pool (which we did not use), and a decent breakfast (love their cinnamon rolls). The shower is great and the temperature controls are accurate. The heat does cause the room to be dry and we fought a little static, but that is fairly normal for any hotel room in winter. We are on our way to Yellowstone and other locations in Wyoming, and only hope our other lodging is as nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the beautiful views of the Black Hills of South Dakota at our Custer hotel. Travelers will enjoy a comfortable stay at our newly-built, non-smoking Holiday Inn Express Custer hotel, located conveniently off Highway 16. The whole family is sure to enjoy staying at our charming hotel in Custer, South Dakota. Situated in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota, our contemporary Custer hotel is just minutes from several of South Dakota's most popular attractions including Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial and Custer State Park. Other nearby sights and attractions include Bear Country USA, Evans Plunge and Jewel Cave, the second longest cave in the world. Unlike some hotels in South Dakota that can be disappointing, business travelers are sure to be pleased and impressed with the accommodations our Custer hotel provides. Along with breathtaking views and close proximity to many Custer, South Dakota attractions, our hotel in Custer is also located near a variety of companies such as Custer Hospital, Pacer Corporation and the US Forest Service. During your visit to Custer, South Dakota, take time to relax by our indoor, heated pool and work out in the fitness center. Also, make sure you try our complimentary hot breakfast bar that features our signature cinnamon rolls. Start planning your South Dakota vacation or business trip now, and enjoy the best Custer hotel deals and rates. Book your reservation today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Custer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Custer Hotel Custer
- Holiday Inn Custer
- Custer Holiday Inn Express