Calamity Peak Lodge
Bavarian Inn, Black Hills(Custer)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$86
Great 4.5/5
Comfort Inn & Suites Custer(Custer)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$78
ComfortInn
Great 4.5/5
Super 8 Custer/Crazy Horse Area(Custer)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$74
US$100
HIExpress.com
Rocket Motel(Custer)(Great Value!)
US$75
Great 4.5/5
Gold Camp Cabins(Custer)(Great Value!)
US$111
Rodeway Inn(Custer)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfull kitchencuster state parkblack hillsseparate bedroomwild donkeysan updateking bedspacious roomnice settinga great stayshort driveconvenient locationspent nightswildlife loopcoffee makereach morningneedles highway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We loved this little place. It was snowing and we were tired of driving. We past this place so I looked it up on the internet. The prices were good. Most places in the hills are ridiculous prices.
It was cozy and warm.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Booked for four nights 09/2013. First night scratching in my sleep. Day two sitting on the couch, flea on my arm, don't say nothing to the misses, five minutes later another and another. Packed up the car went to the office explained, I was refunded the remaining nights but not the night we were bitten by the fleas. I think I would have given the $80 back for that first night just out of good nature being we had to up root at 8:00pm and go into town and get different accommodations. If you lay with dogs your bound to get fleas.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dwdk6866
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband and I just spent a week at Calamity Peak Lodge and it was wonderful. The mountain views were beautiful. We stayed in Unit # 4 and it was really nice. The weather turned cold while we were there, and the unit was toasty warm. David, the owner/caretaker was really nice. He might seem a little strange to some people, but "don't judge a book by its cover." We hope to return to South Dakota sometime and we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Unit 4 and 5 are three room units. If someone gets up early, the other can sleep and not be disturbed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Crappity peak lodge custer south dakota, first and last stay. Can get a air conditioned room anywhere else in the hills. This place sucks and desk person rude. Complained about no ac and were told "your not in iowa now" and showed us the fine print in faq on their website where it said no air conditioned rooms. This info should be on the main page. I have respiratory issues and figured in the 21st century all places of lodging would have air conditioning. Will never stay here again and will urge all family and friends to never stay there also. The customer is number 1 and the way we were treated was uncalled for.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank trace49
Reviewed 24 September 2013

the only very minor complaint was their web site says they are 2 miles out of custer and I found they were 2.5 -3 miles (I was planning to go to town on bicycle so extra 1/2 mile wasn't as minor) that aside I couldn't found a better price/quality location for us(senior couple) I am planning on booking on my next trip!!! each unit has its own personality and price so study their web site. I didn't notice any road noise ... the last major "4 star" hotel I stayed in I had problems with noise coming thru the adjoining room door there was one between unit 2 and 3 it did not happen and room next door was occupied 3 of my 5 days the resident mgr Larry is wonderful and was always avail given the price and fact we had full kitchen at a price less then the "ecno" properties in "downtown" custer this place is a steal!! if you are looking for a friendly wonderful experience book here. If you want a 3, 4 or 5 star u won't find it in custer anyway this place blows the socks off custer 2 stars unless walking to and home from restuarants/bars grocery is high on you needs list
is high on your list