“Unforgetable experience”

36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Unforgetable experience”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We weren't planning a helicopter tour during my visit to the Black Hills Area but I am glad we did it. We just saw the place by the road and stopped by to check what they offer. We did the Custer State Park tour and the experience definitely worth it. It was a little scary the first minutes because that was my first time flying in a helicopter but then it was amazing. There is no other view like the one from the air! Just amazing and breathtaking!

Visited May 2014

Morristown, NJ
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Do this!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Because of the government shutdown, we could not visit Rushmore up close and opted for the Rushmore/Crazy Horse helicopter. Whether you can get up close on the ground or not, this is definitely worth doing. You get views not possible on the ground at both sites plus some breathtaking scenery that you could not see at all from the ground. Our pilot (Mike) answered all questions plus gave us a running narrative describing the back-story on what we were seeing. Even if you have to sleep in the car one night to afford this it is worth it.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank s1jag
Decatur, Alabama
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great even for the nervous flyer”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My wife and I wanted a closer look at Mt. Rushmore during the shutdown. My wife is a nervous flyer but did not want to miss anything. Our pilot was excellent. The flight was extremely smooth. Before banking the copter he would advise us of his next move. We had excellent views of Rushmore, Crazy Horse, the Needles highway, and several other local attractions. The pilot was friendly and very knowledgeable about the area. We got the off season rate of $169 per person and felt it was worth it.

Visited October 2013
Rowley, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great flight with very knowledgeable pilot...”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Very expensive for a single customer but, well worth it. Great smooth ride in perfectly clear weather.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Howard S
Park Hills, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Up close and personal”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We chose the Rushmore, Black Hills, Crazy Horse tour and were not disappointed! All staff members were helpful (not at all pushy) and friendly and our pilot was very informative as well as highly skilled. It was our first helicopter ride and although the weather was not perfect (some gusting winds and light rain in places) the ride was surprisingly smooth and not at all scary. I was surprised that there was no impact bump on landing at all. The prices charged were exactly as advertised and there was no pressure to "upgrade." My husband had always wanted to ride in a helicopter and while I had no great desire to go, I enjoyed the tour immensely! We got some amazing pictures and will never forget the experience.

Visited August 2013