“What a view”

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What a view”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We went face to face with Mt Rushmore . Saw crazy horse at a birds eye view. Our pilot was knowledgeable about the area, informed us about things as we flew over . was expensive but worth it for a once in a lift time experience.

Visited June 2014

Hutchinson, Kansas
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Worth the splurge. Excellent staff”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

*Badlands Tour*
I decided on a whim to do this with my 2 children (9 and 7) and am so glad I did. We did the cheapest package at $49/person and it was well worth it. I am not a fan of heights (had to stop on Notch Trail after the ladder on the 1st ledge to turn around...) but the staff was so excellent I felt at ease. Kind, no pressure salesmanship, and passion for what they do can't be denied. Perfection all the way around. Highly recommend.

2 Thank KRM210
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A must do activity if visiting the Black Hills & Badlands area”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I visited the Badlands area and I wasn't planning doing a helicopter tour during my visit but glad I did. The price is fair and views are great! The staff is extremely friendly (Badlands heliport) and make sure you leave a good review. These people LOVE their job!!!

Now here’s more info for the visitor:

This company provides 3 locations from which you can make your "flight":

*Crazy Horse
*Mount Rushmore
*Badlands

These are three heliport locations (see their website) from which several visits can be made. I saw one in Keystone, SD (very near Mt. Rushmore); however, the one I took was at the Badlands area (a small heliport near the entrance you can't miss it).

The trip was phenomenal. For a fair price (starting 49 dollars as of MAY 2014), a 6-minute flight can take you breathtaking views of the area. Compared to other tourist places (Chicago, New York, etc), a helicopter tour ranges from $100 plus per person. To me it seems a fair price.

The helicopter at that area (Badlands) is a 3 person passenger vehicle. A safety brief will be given to you (very short and simple). You have to decide who will be sitting in the front. Otherwise, the views are great regardless where you sit.

Being in the low season, the wait was not long. I’m sure kids would love to be in a quick helicopter ride (if being first timer). Thus, if this is your first time in the area and would like to get a “different point of view” of the landscape (yes pun intended), then this can be a great choice!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank pumasoledad2001 .
La Crosse, Wisconsin
125 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“Smooth and yet exciting bird's eye view of beautiful Black Hills”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Extremely professional in all facets of the operation - modern equipment, friendly and helpful staff. We took an 11 minute flight which flew us 360 degrees around Crazy Horse monument and the surrounding area. Very smooth flight narrated by the pilot, you had your own headphones to listen and communicate. Well worth the money. People of all ages will love this tour.

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Unforgetable experience”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We weren't planning a helicopter tour during my visit to the Black Hills Area but I am glad we did it. We just saw the place by the road and stopped by to check what they offer. We did the Custer State Park tour and the experience definitely worth it. It was a little scary the first minutes because that was my first time flying in a helicopter but then it was amazing. There is no other view like the one from the air! Just amazing and breathtaking!

Visited May 2014