“Great food, okay service”
Review of Legion Lake Lodge

Legion Lake Lodge
Ranked #26 of 48 Restaurants in Custer
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Our party ate breakfast on our last day in the park at the Legion Lake Lodge. The food was delicious, but the service was a bit slow and it seems that the waiters didn't understand our requests. Two of the sides we ordered were never delivered. The biscuits and gravy were the best, according to everyone!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

My husband and I would not eat here again. Service was not the best. Ordered cheeseburger and fries. Meat was raw inside the burger. My husband is usually not that particular, but in this case he said he could not eat it. Cook brought out another burger (which was better, but still pink) and apologized. They did drop a dollar off our meal, but overall, this place is lacking in a lot of ways.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

My family ate here in August, 2013. When we walked into restaurant, we were not greeted despite two employees standing at the cash register talking. We sat ourselves and waited for a server. No one came. Finally, I approached an employee and asked for menus. Our server was not very friendly and seemed to be bothered we were there. The food was ok at best. Would not visit again.

Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

This place seemed like it was completely staffed by summer kids who just didn't care. We arrived at the end of the lunch rush. The place was less than half full. The only place that looked busy was the Starbucks/ice cream counter. We seated ourselves and watched as other tables were served, ticketed, cleaned and prepped. Five or ten more minutes...finally I went to the counter to get some menus. After making our meal choices, we still had not been approached by any one on staff. I went to the register and asked if we could place our order. The waiter said another guy was our waiter, but he could enter the order for us. I took my daughter to the restroom and when we returned to our table, our waiter still had not approached to take our drink orders. When the food came, the waiter took our drink orders. The food was ok when it arrived except that my husband ordered a raspberry chicken salad and got a plain iceberg lettuce chicken salad with raspberry dressing. By that point we just wanted to eat and leave. Our waiter did apologize for being so busy, and didn't charge us for our drinks. Service is probably not that big of an issue when you are the only place to eat for 15 miles, but this place definitely has room for improvement.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I've eaten and stayed here two years in a row. This place is a great bargain; fully furnished cabin around $150 per night. No complaints; very clean. The dining is great. Albeit, they were very busy in peak-July, you never waited too long. $11 is not at all overpriced for a burger. Very tasty and excellent fries.

Been to Legion Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!