“Good choice...”
Review of Custer KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Custer
Custer KOA
Ranked #11 of 24 Speciality Lodging in Custer
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed one night enroute to Custer, SD. It was a good choice. The young man who showed us the way to our site was extremely helpful and courteous. He reminded me of a 10-year old from the 1950’s who minded his Ps & Qs – a rare find these days. His older sister works in the office.
Gas was a little hard to come by – would recommend a fill-up before arriving if possible. We used their shower facilities and found them far above the norm for most KOAs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jiggerb
There are newer reviews for Custer KOA

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed here 3 nights on our way to Sturgis. Deb and staff were great they really went out of their way to ensure that we had a great stay. Everytime we went in the store they remembered our names. The Bathrooms in the back were great nice hot water and water pressure. The campgound its is very nice and quite. We ate the pancake breakfast the last day we were there it was good. While on vacation we stayed at two other KOA campgrounds and i can honesty stay this campground was by far the best and our favorite we will definatley be going back. Keep up the good work Deb.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank kimball2013
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This campground has them most beautiful bathroom I have ever seen! And it was always clean and tidy!

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The pool was heated.

Although it was along a highway, it was set back enough that road noise, other than motorcycles, was not a problem

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Helen_and_Mike_82
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The KOA Mount Rushmore "lost" our reservation that I had made 2 months prior online, and because they were booked solid, we drove to Custer to see if we could find a site there. The staff was extremely helpful and sympathetic and found us a full-hook-up site for the night while we pondered our options. Pool is nice, sites are large -- in fact, the site we were given had the electrical box so close to the sewer port that I couldn't hook up both at the same time (first time that ever happened!). Good location, lots of trees and shade.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank TieTheKnotVideos
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I truly appreciate good customer service and Debbie in the office was tops! I accidentally booked this KOA instead of the Mt Rushore KOA in Hill City (they have more stuff for kids) since the names are similar. The hosts were very understanding and let us check out early with no penalty. We stayed one night, used the laundry room which was very clean, went down for the breakfast, and they even offered to let us leave our camper in the front area while we took a trip to Jewel cave (the Grand Magic Show is only a few miles away too). They will even deliver the firewood to your site and have a sewer service if you didn't get a full hookup site. I have to say this was one of the most customer friendly campgrounds we've been to.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank 4Malli
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We made a reservation for a large RV site for 5 nights at this KOA. We reserved weeks in advance. When we arrived, they asked me to fill a form and I handed my credit card to pay for the fees and they processed it but when I actually looked at the receipt I noticed that the last night had quite a signigicant rate increase so asked for clarification and the manager informed me that they were charging more for that night regardless of the quote I had in writing when I reserved!!. So I said that I wanted my money back and we would go somewhere else and he had the nerve to say that we could leave if we wished but refunds are only given 48 hours in advance to arrival date!! What a robbery! If you decide to go there check your bill line by line BEFORE paying. But best Stay at the flintstones or at a different KOA. Here they are the most dishonest camp managers I had ever encountered! They also charge you separately for every little thing. Even the kids jumping pad had a daily charge. In all of the other KOA's in our trip was free.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank ElizabethPG_12
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Pros: Shower house immaculate - gotta give them credit for this.

cons: right by a very busy street. Very loud with traffic. Made sleeping difficult
Very loud facility - we got there very late and there were teenagers walking around and being quite loud. This continued into the night.
Didn't feel the rates were very reasonable
Bathroom has a keypad - I'm guessing to prevent local/non paying travelers from using facilities.I understand why the facility does this - but I don't like the fact the door locks behind you. You have no idea who is in the shower house already.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family