“Awesome Pie”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Velva, North Dakota
“Awesome Pie”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

If you need a place to eat or some dessert. This is the place. My husband had a chicken pot pie that I was wishing I had ordered. My Pannini was good, but the chocken pot pie looked awesome. He said it was. Pie, just pick one, they are all good. I had a peanut butter pie. If you need sweet, this is it!

Visited August 2014

Nashville, Tennessee
“Great place”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We ate here twice, I had the Turkey Panini which was excellent. So is the barbeque pork. The ice cream is really good, but there peanut butter pie is the best I have ever had. Wish I could have taken some home.

The only thing is if you don't get there early, your pie of choice might be gone.

Very cute quaint restaurant.

Visited August 2014
“Just right. ”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Our family of 5 stayed in Custer for 4 days and ate several local places. This place was the last one. I found it to be nice and friendly with good food. My husband and I got the chicken pot pies and really liked them. Kids all liked their items. And the pies were very good.
Service was OK but not bad.
We left very happy and full. I even bought one of the cute purple shirts.

Illinois
“4 for Pie, 2 for Service=3”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

First off, I love that it's called the Purple Pie Place. That name is nothing short of genius. If you miss the purple house, just look for the Scooby Doo colored cottages next door. Got there and were super excited that they had strawberry rhubarb pie. Went to order and were "greeted" by two surly high school girls. Ordered 3 pieces of strawberry rhubarb but they only cut two and when we asked if they had gotten the 3rd piece it was as if we had asked them what was the square root of 7954231. So, my husband said he would try the peach pie. Got to the register where I'm assuming the owner was manning the cash and paid for 3 pieces. Strawberry rhubarb was delicious-peach pie seemed odd and bland and it wasn't until we were about halfway into it that we realized "Hey! This isn't peach pie-it's apple pie!" and of course, you can't take back the wrong pie when you've already eaten half of it!

So here's my advice: stick with the strawberry rhubarb. Avoid the apple-bland-mine is much better. Can't speak for the peach. Don't leave a tip unless the girls are friendly. I would go here again in a heartbeat however.

• Visited August 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Top notch. Great pie, great ice cream, great food. We went twice.”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We enjoyed dessert at Bobkat's on two occasions. Some members of our group had the pie while other's opted for the ice cream.

The pie was a bit above average. There was a lot of selection and the pies were all fresh baked, if not warm.

The ice cream was a local brand and although it was not made on premises, it was fresh as were the cones.

On one of our occasions we'd just come from the Black Hills Burger company and noticed that while we'd waited 90 minutes to be seated there, Bobkat's offered a bigger menu and no wait to be seated.

In conclusion, a nice spot for dessert, and next time I'm in town I plan to try the restaurant as well.

• Visited July 2014

Been to Bobkat's Purple Pie Place? Share your experiences!