“Poor beds”

Best Western Buffalo Ridge Inn
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Custer
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The room had an odor. The beds were so hard and the pillows were awful. The room was really cold and no obvious way to adjust. We paid over $200.00 during Sturgis for this room and you would think if they were going to gouge us that much, we could have at least gotten a good nights sleep!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
DolseeDavenport, General Manager at Best Western Buffalo Ridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us during the Sturgis Rally and that you did not get a good night's sleep. I'll see what we can do to make sure these issues are resolved so that in the future it doesn't happen again. Thank you for taking the time to write a review to let us know.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Buffalo Ridge Inn

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

My stay at this hotel was a great experience and the perfect place to stay to enjoy the great town of Custer and the Black Hills. The hotel is walking distance to nice restaurants and local attractions. My room worked good for my stay, very clean and welcoming, the bed was comfy and It was easily to access the free internet with a strong signal which allowed me to watch movies on Netflix and YouTube. The breakfast was a very good way to start the day. The staff keep the tables and room clean and made sure the food was hot and fresh. All The staff I had the pleasure interacting with were very professional and went above and beyond to make sure my stay was stress free from check in to check out.

Stayed: August 2014
DolseeDavenport, General Manager at Best Western Buffalo Ridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Buffalo Ridge Inn, and that we were able to help you enjoy your vacation to the Black Hills. We hope you're able to come stay with us again soon! Thanks again!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently picked this Hotel because of the price and the fact that most Hotels in the area were booked at the Time due to it being close to Sturgis Rally Time. The refrigerator in our room didn’t work and we told the front desk about it in the morning and were told it would be looked at. After being gone all day we came back to our room at night to find that it still didn’t work. When we went to the front desk to tell them we were told that refrigerators have a dial with 1-10 on them and that most people don’t know that 1 is the coldest. When I told the person behind the desk I’m not an idiot and know how they work and also ours was a low to high dial she told her co-worker and he said he can take a look at it. I declined (strike one). The next night we needed toilet paper and when I called for a roll instead of housekeeping bringing a roll I was told I had to come to the front desk because everyone left for the night (strike two). We had asked for a wake call for the next morning and never received it (strike three). We were lucky to find a room in Rapid City at another Best Western for on night and left Custer. Other issues were that the bathroom door didn’t open all the way, breakfast area is small and Hotel needs updating. Your better off staying in Rapid City it’s not far from the attractions and restaurants

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
DolseeDavenport, General Manager at Best Western Buffalo Ridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

I'm sorry your stay with us was less than acceptable. I'll speak to my staff about the issues you mentioned so that in the future they can handle them better.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Unfortunately when we had booked we were told we could get an interior entry but when we arrived there were none.Person at the desk was nit very knowledgable about check in process or of the area.Very small room but breakfast was good.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I'm sorry you did not get the interior room you had requested, but that you had an acceptable stay with us. Thank you for writing a review, and we appreciate you staying with us.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

WiFi had a strong signal but wouldnt connect. Multiple times attempting but gave up. Pool had very murky water, hot tub didnt create any whirlpool action but it was hot. Room decent. Staff pleasant. But watch out for the cleaning crew. They park a towel/blanket cart next to stair case and just drop stuff from second floor. Even when guests walk by.

Upside.. orange juice... as a BW rewards member may have expected better but also wasnt terrible either.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
DolseeDavenport, General Manager at Best Western Buffalo Ridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate you letting me know about the issues you experienced while you were here so that we can get them resolved. Thanks for choosing to stay with us during your Black Hills vacation.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We spent 2 nights here. Shaky start with a hail storm that created gushing water into our room but the staff was quick to remedy the situation and upgraded us to a different room. The room itself was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The general outside appearance of the place seems a bit rundown, a bit dated but the interior of the room was great. The breakfast was average and ok. The staff was very helpful and the location was central to all the things we wanted to see while in Custer.

1  Thank TNSmiles
DolseeDavenport, General Manager at Best Western Buffalo Ridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us during your Black Hills vacation. I hope you'll stay with us again if you make a return trip out this way.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Nothing elaborate just a decent 2 star hotel. Our room was quiet, clean, and had comfortable beds. Our room did not have a microwave or fridge but we survived. Not sure if all rooms are like this or not. Might want to check if you need them. For the location price was not bad. Flintstones village is next door for the kids.

1  Thank Ed B
DolseeDavenport, General Manager at Best Western Buffalo Ridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your Black Hills vacation, and for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that the kids enjoyed being close to Flintstones. We hope you're able to come back and stay with us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Custer
Comfort Inn & Suites Custer
Bavarian Inn, Black Hills
Rocket Motel
Rocket Motel
#1 of 18 in Custer

Been to Best Western Buffalo Ridge Inn? Share your experiences!