Hacienda del Mar
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in San Jose Island
See available hotels
Mar & Oro(Contadora Island)
View Hotel
View Hotel
  • Beachfront
All reviewssmall planefishpanama citythe pacific oceanspectacular viewsmanta rayslow seasonlanding stripthe entire islandbeautiful islandinfinity poolpool tableatv rideunforgettable experiencejungleflightkayaking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I immensely enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Our cabin was rustic, no TV, no telephone, no WiFi in the room (only around the pool and restaurant area), yet very intelligently and generously decorated. Mattresses are very comfortable and showers are good. The service and kitchen are excellent. We enjoyed the snorkeling tour of the beaches, the half day frisking trip and the four wheeler tour of the island. This place is heaven and the perfect place to rest and recover, and still have lots of fun.

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Cedar32
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The food was above expectations, the service and attenttion was above expectations, the room over the sea were awesome, although much bigger than needed...but hey, it was great. Inside bar great, pool was great, the view is fan tas tic....our guests compared it only second to Phuket. Keep the widlife coming. Boat fising trip rentals seemed steep. Very enjoyable, watch out for the sand flies at sunset...they are a menace...lather with the provided soap...it works!!!

Watch where you wonder, unexploded ordenance from WWII tests still in site. Will be back.

Room Tip: room 14 has great view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Some of the if not the most beautiful hotel setting of any of the 32 countries and 200+ cities I have visited... only Pha Nag Bay Thailand comes to mind as a close comparison .

The views are all post card quality but for an extra special treat get cabin 11 or 12 out over the rocks on stilts..

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KPS92-5
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Landing on the grassy runway lets you know you have arrived at a private exclusive island/resort. The drive to the resort is breath taking giving us a snapshot of the wildlife, fruits...we see later in the trip. We were received at the resort by Toucans and Parrots all in the wild and so pretty and sounds to sooth your soul. The property is meticulously maintained and we were greeted with a fruit drink, delightful, yummy I see the ocean all around us! The beautifully decorated and furnished rooms are complete with amenities and all of which have access and visibility of the ocean, wow. We have landed in paradise.
This resort has Boating and Fishing, Hiking, ATV, jeeps, and trucks for exploring the island, relaxation by the Infinity pool, jacuzzi by the ocean or on one of the 54 beaches, some are very private.
The wildlife roam freely making for an excellent safari type experience by day and by night, we did both and it was AMAZING.
Many foods are Organically grown and served to you. The cashews, honey, and mangos are examples of what is harvested right there. The fish is in abundance in the ocean and for your meals. The food all together is presented beautifully and in abundance. EVERYTHING we ate was delicious.
We chose a fishing experience for the day and that it was! We saw over 20 whales of which 7 whales breached very close and 3 of the 7 fully breached. 2 whales layed on there backs and lifted there fins and slapped them down on the water, beautiful! I honestly didn't even know whales were there. My husband and I were traveling with 2 friends and we all found this "special". Now, we were fishing while all the whale activity was happening and the dolphins swimming and jumping along side the boat. Mahi, Mahi, Trigger fish, and 26 Albacore Tuna to finish the day, WOW!! Yes, we ate fresh fish and sushi elegantly and deliciously prepared.
The next day my husband was popping for 8-10 lb Snapper and mahi mahi while I enjoyed photographing the wildlife, the pool, the ocean, appetizers and delicious island refreshments.
I highly recommend this trip. Obviously, I wanted to share all the experiences. Don't get me wrong, laying by the pool or in one of the hammocks receiving excellent care and service the entire trip would be beautiful also. I did that one day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Liz950
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This is a great hotel if you want to get away from the everything. No phones, wireless internet connection on public areas so you can choose to either connect with nature or keep connected to the hectic business world. I chose the first one.
Food is awesome.... Pricy but is worth it. Try for the Mahi-Mahi (Dorado) with Arroz con Coco.
The owners are great people and the staff is very well trained. They are not present all the time but are easy to find.
We went for 3 days and decided to stay an extra day. This is a place to relax, have a glass of wine, enjoy nature and reconnect with yourself. A hidden jewel on the Pacific.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple