“hidden little gem !”

Pedasi Sports Club
Edmonton, Canada
“hidden little gem !”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

we traveled all over pamana , stayed at 8 different hotels and each was good in its own way . yet this little gem , we stayed for 3 days cause of bob ( the owner ) and his staff . they made you feel so awesome . the pool was a good size , the restaurant was amazing . they chef bob has on site was young, friendly and wicked with the food . its very close to the beach and bob has lots to do , boats , fishing , diving and even horse back riding . its not fancy , but its a gem !!!

Room Tip: my parents had one room and our room was pretty much the same .
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mikeoconnor007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Pedasi Sports Club is a mixed bag. The accommodations are average but clean. I had the unit closest to the road but with the a/c on didn't really notice the road noise. The hotel is across from the police station so I felt extra safe...lol.

It's easy to find as it's the first building on the road into town from Las Tablas and the bridge into the property is painted with a dive flag and the name. It's close to the gas station, grocer, laundromat, and everything else in town.

My room (number 1) had two double beds and a small table with two plastic chairs. The shower had hot water and was much larger than most showers in Panama. The one thing that was missing was a shelf in the bathroom for toiletries. There was a small open closet with a rod and shelf for a suitcase.

Breakfast was included, but wasn't up to par with the other B&Bs I stayed at in Panama. I got the last of the corn flakes, a cup of coffee, and a slice of toast. However, I ate a dinner at the open air restaurant on the property, called Aqua and it was very good. Their business card said they have live music but I wasn't there a night they did.

The manager (Gus, I believe) is excellent; pleasant and very helpful. I had to unexpectedly return to the US my third day in Pedasi and the manager was quick to do my refund and explain everything he was doing. He helped me get a dive master the second day, even though no group dives had been scheduled for the day I was there. Guests at the hotel get a 10% discount on dives through their operator.

If you want basic accommodations as well as dives, this is an acceptable place to stay. I know there are better places in Pedasi but they are significantly more expensive.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room at the back but if there's music in the restaurant it might be louder the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
NYC
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the Pedasi Sports Club hotel, where owner Bob made us feel just like home. The rooms were large and very clean and the beds were comfortable. The premises are well kept (gorgeous tropical flowers throughout the place) and the included breakfast was appropriate, although monotonous. I personally enjoyed the hand-painted art on the bedroom walls. The pool was also inviting. Bob arranged a trip to isla Iguana for all 4 of us at a reasonable price and we had a great time. We did not eat at the restaurant because we had references of other great restaurants in the area. If you are in the area, do visit the Italian restaurant in town (name escaped my memory). It belongs to a cute italian couple that moved to the area in recent years. It has only 4 tables, therefore, reservations are a must. You won't be dissapointed by the simply executed dishes all prepared with home grown ingredients. They even made their own Limoncello. It was superb.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Winkler
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We ordered 3 meals. We received 2. The filet Mignon was still cold even though it was ordered medium. We sent it back, after about 15 minutes it came back the same bloody way. By this time I was done my fish (which was just okay). I went on the reviews and expected a good restaurant. We were in Panama for just over 2 weeks. When we talk about the terrible places we ate at we mention Pedasi Sports Club and Miraflores (which made all 4 of us sick). After waiting a little longer we left, never receiving our 3rd meal even though when we looked at the bill it was on there.

Room Tip: Just skip the restaurant and go to Smiley's or the Bakery. Make sure to travel out of town about...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Clean rooms, comfortable beds, friendly people and great pool.

• Stayed January 2012
Capshaw
Reviewed 11 January 2012

If you are ever in Pedasi, stop at Pedasi Sports Club for lunch or dinner. Check to make sure Mario is still there and have a spectacular filet mignon for $10.00 dollars. If you don't like steak anything Mario and Carmen make are great! The chicken on a skewer was fantastic and others said the soup was the best. The place does not look like much, but the food is worth the trip.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
taswell
Reviewed 3 October 2011

This is my second stay at the Pedasi Sports Club and I'll return in January.
Bobby and Olga Grimes KNOW Hospitality and will go WAY beyond what is expected.
You will have a comfortable and complete vacation experience. The entire staff is great
and give of their hearts. Pedasi Sports Club is five minutes to the main beach and is within
walking minutes of shops. resturants (although they have one of their own) and many other
local beautiful stops; i.e. The Church in the town square. Can't wait till January!

Room Tip: All Rooms are comfortable, quiet and clean
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo