“Best service for a clean good rate hotel!”
Review of Pedasi Sports Club

Pedasi Sports Club
Ranked #10 of 20 Speciality Lodging in Pedasi
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was looking for a place to stay one night at Pedasi with my boyfriend and my little dog.. We asked in a couple of hotels but refused to accept pets. We found this place and they said they could take us right away. We arrived a little bit late, but the owner and his wife welcomed us personally and treated us like family. The owner even offer to walk my dog in the morning. A nice breakfast (eggs and toast) is included with the rate, clean, big rooms at a good rate compared to others around, and it has a good location. Not in the exact center of pedasi, but is at walking distance. They also offer different tours. We took one to isla iguana and it was a great decision to go with the tour instead of on our own with local boats. The owner gave us a ride to the place where we take the boat and the whole trip they were very attentive to all of us! Including my dog. I would definitely come back and recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2013
Bobby G, Owner at Pedasi Sports Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Hi Stephanie. Thanks for taking the time to write a Trip Adviser Review. As you now know, my wife and I are both animal lovers and walking your pup was a pleasure, not a chore. WE are only sorry that you had a bit of a problem with the park rangers at Isla Iguana. New time I will be glad to keep him for you while you guys go out and enjoy yourselves. See you again soon.
Bobby & Olga

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We felt at home here.............great American breakfasts, nice pool and gardens, and the suite was big and accommodating. Bobby was able to direct us to many local attractions.We WILL stay here again! Thanks to Bobby and his staff!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for the kind words Fred. We look forward to your return.
Bob & Olga

Reviewed 27 August 2013

My wife & I arrived Pedasi 13 August without hotel reservations, which we often do since we are both retired from the airline & travel industry. We had done a lot of research on the internet. When we got to Pedasi we drove by several places we had been looking at. After meeting Bobby and looking at the rooms we decided to stay at Pedasi Sports Club & are very glad we did. The rooms were very nice, we had maid service & clean towels every day & the breakfasts were great. I am a diver & was able to dive one day with their dive service & was very pleased with Karri the dive instructor/divemaster & Hannan(sp) the boat driver, as they both took very good care of me. I would recommend all of their services.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arthur Lee S

Hello Author. Thanks for taking the time to send a few kind words our way. I thoroughly enjoyed our conversations in the mornings over coffee and look forward to you guys visiting again.
Bobby & Olga

Reviewed 15 January 2013

Me and my fellow Coworkers arrived for Expo Pedasi for a 4 night stay, the staff was very nice and helpful. I had some issues with my car keys and Ruben the Manager was very concern and willing to assist me until the matter got resolved (i found the extra key on my briefcase). Rodrigo was also a very good and friendly staff member. Happy Bob was sometimes on site and that always means a great and positive conversation. The pool was ok and to be honest i cant comment on the breakfast cause i woke up everyday later than the serving time. The only thing that doesn't make this hotel excellent is the fact that the don't have TV sets in any of the rooms (except the Suite), i know that you don't go to Pedasi to watch TV but it is nice to have one around specially with the Playoffs on the tube. I hope that i can comeback soon this time for pleasure and relaxation, keep up the good work. Kind Regards, J. de la Lastra

Room Tip: If you need a TV like i do, dont forget to book Suite #5, is the only one that has Satellite TV.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank japena
Bobby G, Owner at Pedasi Sports Club, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback japena.

Your feedback has given us pause to think about our accommodations. It was not our intent from the start to provide upscale accommodations. Cleanliness, Courtesy and a nice variety of activities at affordable prices was our intention. But, times change and so must we.

Thanks to feedback like yours and comments from a few other guest over the years I have convinced me to make a few changes.

We are in the process of changing a few of our rooms to "Junior Suites" This change should be complete by mid-August, 2013.

These changes will include repainting, installation of all hand made furnishing made for the native hardwood corotu. Furnishing will include new bedding, new lamps, desk/chair, satellite television, mini fridge, couch and chairs in the sitting area, new drapes, revamped bathrooms, etc, etc.

Overall it is expensive and will take a long time to recoup the capitol investment but nothing is too good for our customers.

So, next time your in Pedasi drop by and take a look at the new Junior Suites and tell us what you think. We will post pictures once the work is complete.

Thanks You
Management

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Spent and enjoyable day diving at Isla Iguana with the Pedasi Sports Club guys . I’ve not dived for a number of years so was a little rusty on the technicalities but Divemaster Kerri (sp?) was very patient and we did two excellent dives of about 30 minutes each. Spotted some sea turtles and a variety of fish in good visability. Isla Iguana worth a visit in itself, white sand beaches and clear blue water.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 December 2012

stayed here for one night, beds were compfy, aircon worked and you have a free alarm clock in the morning with different bird songs
bathroom needs a do-up in our opinion
location is very nice and very nice restaurants around ... a nice little village

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Stayed 2 nights in Pedasi sports club and was very happy, room was not 5 star just a basic room for 2 nights while I fished one day.
The staff (ruben ) the manager was great and spoke perfect english, there was not a think he wouldn't do to help us or make sure our visit to pedasi went well,
the owner Bobby Grimes was off property and called the manager to make sure our party was taken care of.
The women who cleans and cooks name might be nida, was great and very helpful

the fishing trip we went out was the best, 12 fish in 3 hours averaging 10 to 20 lbs dorado and tuna, I have fished in costa rica, mexico Bahamas st Thomas, Ecuador and florida and was alittle skeptical about fishing in a panga with basic equipment, but the captain and mate knew what they were doing and we cleaned up..

everyone was great I hope to go back again this year....

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends