“"Heartfelt Gratitude"”

Hotel Casa de Campo Pedasi
Ranked #3 of 19 Pedasi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My wife and I first stayed at Casa de Campo in early March of 2011 on our second visit to Pedasi. We were very pleased with the spacious, well decorated room, nice size pool, common areas and grounds in general. From the street I didn't get the impression the facility had all this to offer.
The wonderfull, freindly hospitality displayed by the staff and management during our first stay made our choice for further accomodations a simple one. Ovidio, Koby and staff have a knack for making one feel at home and a sense that you will be well looked after.
During our second stay, March, 2012, this was futher demonstrated when I required medical attention for two lacerated fingers. Ovidio not only drove me to the clinic but stayed with me to act as my interpretor and advisor and then the same on the following day at the LosTablas hospital. Receiving medical attention in a foreign country can be intimidating but the level of care was very professional and efficient as in x-rays, a skin graft, stitches, a filled prescription and then back to the room by 5 pm. Ovidio & Koby ther thru the whole process, all beyond the call of duty for which I will always be gratefull. They even arranged nurse visits at 8pm as my high dose of antibiotics for the first few days required injections rather than oral.
My wife and I have agreed the hospitality that Ovidio & Koby have so freely demonstrated is typical of the residents of Pedasi. One of the first things Dawn and I noticed is the freindly nature of all people we encountered or were introduced to.
Maybe this review should be considered as a testimony to the excellent hospitality of Pedasi in general not just the most excellent one at Casa de Campo.

3  Thank Tonynorth1958

Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed 3 nights and had a wonderful experience. The rooms were well appointed and just off of the pool. We enjoyed both cocktails and tapas at the pool. The grounds are beautiful and the location is on the main street of Pedasi. Best of all, the staff and service took great care of us and were always very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank maureen m
Reviewed 30 March 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at Casa de Campo in March 2012. The owners Ovidio and Koby could not have been more friendly and accomodating.The same goes for there staff, especially Judy the hostess. Our room was large, very clean, with a comfortable queen size bed. The free WiFi worked very well. Breakfast started with fresh fruit, juice and coffee. You also had a choice from the menu for the main course. The common areas are nicely decorated and designed for the breezes to flow throughout. The pool is a good size with a bar and tv just steps away. The grounds are well kept and has several large fruit trees. The hotel is just a quaint and cozy place to relax where you will receive good customer service. A welcoming change from the usual high rise chain hotels.

3  Thank sinez
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My fiance and I stayed at Casa de Campo for two nights in March 2012. The hosts, Ovidio and Koby, turned their large home into a relaxing compound in the charming village of Pedasi. The compound is space and our room was beautifully appointed ( as was the rest of the B & B) and clean. The grounds of the B&B have a lot of trees and hammocks hung throughout. We had come from Boquete and Bocas and was so happy we made the last leg of our trip Pedasi. Also, the B&B is close to Playa Destilladores and a 30 minute drive to Venao, very convenient!

1  Thank Battman915
Reviewed 22 March 2012

First time ever in Panama,let alone Pedasi, was Carnival 2011. Good fun, good people,BIG NOISE!!!all was good fun.Casa de campo is home base again in 2012,just after Carnival.Within 15 minutes of arriving in 2012,I met the same person I met within 15 minutes in 2011.This is home away from home for many people when they come to Pedasi.What you don't know is your already family when you check in.Koby and Ovidio are true Panamanian hosts and representatives of thier country,as Casa de campo is truly a United nations of guests.As a traveller you look to these sites for tips,good or bad.No phone,noT.V.,no radio,no traffic.This B&B has beautifull grounds,nice pool,comfortable, well kept rooms,good breakfast,and no hassles.For travellers from Alberta,a room on main street Llyodminster runs about 130.00 and it's still 30 below.Take the time,make the effort,like Bobby Orr says PRICELESS.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at Casa de Campo on more than one occassion. When I arrived in March 2012 it felt like coming home again. The owners of Casa de Campo, Ovidio and Koby, are a pleasure. Along with their staff (grounds keeper, kitchen, housekeeping and hostess) they are gracious, accommodating and professional.

The daily breakfasts are excellent as is the atmosphere. What a pleasure to sit outside each morning enjoying morning coffee and freshly prepared local food.

The entire property of Casa de Campo is well maintained and architecturally pleasing. The grounds are serene and peaceful with numerous areas to sit, read or visit. The rooms are simple, comfortable and very clean. They are without televisions and telephones (the wireless internet works flawlessly however - much better than in my Canadian neighbourhood!).

If you are expecting all the ammenities of a 5-star resort or a party in your room each night I would say that this isn't the place for you. But if you want to get away, relax, improve your Spanish, watch the stars you will thouroughly enjoy a stay at Casa de Campo.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ShaunAlbertaCanada
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I wrote a review after one of our visits to Casa de Campo (we've stayed there 8 times over a 15 month period during 2010 and 2011) so I just couldn't ignore the hatchet job the folks from Palo Alto did on my friends Ovidio and Koby. We don't stay at Casa de Campo anymore as we've since bought a small home in Pedasi, but we know the place well and have first hand knowledge of all the hotels and B&B's in the area.

Casa de Campo does charge a corkage fee, but in all oour times there (and we used the bar and the fridge plent) we never paid anything and were never asked to pay anything. The rooms are huge by Pedasi B&B and hostel standards, and are more nicely furnished than any other place in town. Maybe no side chair, but, this isn't your cookie cutter Holiday Inn. The place exudes elegance and the guest rooms are appointed to match. As for breakfast, you can't find another in town that is anywhere as nice (and the one at Casa de Campo is included in the price of the room) as it always includes eggs cooked to order, choices of empanadas, local cheese, local fruits and fruit juices (always freshly squeezed by ladies in the kitchen), as well as great Panamanian coffee. Slow, well this is a quaint Panamanian town and they operate at their pace, not California iHop speed.

But, for those of you thinking of putting any weight to the opinions of SourPuss, click on their Reviews and see how many positive reviews they've posted (0 for 3 to save you the click).

Still the best place in Pedasi.

cudjoetom

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, and some are set up to accomodate more than 2 to a room, but our favorites...