“A great learning experience!”

Buena Vida Language School
Ranked #3 of 14 things to do in Pedasi
Pedasi, Panama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great learning experience!”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I am relearning Spanish all over again, this is a perfect environment to do so! Not only do you learn Spanish, but the way Panamanians pronounce the Spanish language! There is a little difference. Dania is wonderful! Not only to learn from, but also to learn about the Panamanian people. I highly recommend you visit and learn from Buena Vida. It completes your experience in Panama!

Visited July 2013

Ashford, Alabama
“I love this school!”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Hola! I have been taking classes at Buena Vida Language School for a few months. Not only has my Spanish improved tremendously, but also my friendships with the other people in my class. I love my teacher, Dania. She is very patient, explains things thoroughly, and goes out of her way to find answers to my questions. I recommend anyone traveling through the Pedasi area of Panama to stop by and try it out. Muchas Gracias Buena Vida!

Visited July 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Good for beginning spanish speakers, not so much for intermediate”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I spent two weeks learning Spanish in Bocas Del Toro (at Habla Ya), and I then came to Pedasi and spent 1 week learning at Buena Vida. The atmosphere at Buena Vida is very relaxed and easy-going, and all of the employees are great people. Overall, I was somewhat satisfied with the level of progress I made at Buena Vida.

I recommend that you call them early because the receptionist might not be able to call you back for several days. I called Friday at noon, and my phone call was returned Sunday afternoon, making planning difficult. Other than that, the receptionist was helpful in planning short stay in Pedasi.

My instructor spoke very slowly and clearly, and she repeated words and phrases frequently whether I asked her to or not. If you need this, you'll do well with this program. It was frustrating for me because she wasn't able to accelerate her speaking pace after I asked her to twice, and I disliked that she assumed that I didn't know a lot of words and phrases that I already knew.

The materials you use for practice are just printed pieces of paper. Since we used notebooks at the Habla Ya School, so I felt that this was comparatively less convenient for going back and studying later. If you bring your own notebook and take notes, it helps.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank kookfu
Ingrid S, Owner at Buena Vida Language School, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
¡Hola!

First and foremost, thanks for the great feedback! We rely on this to improve our students' experience at Buena Vida.

I'm sorry to hear that you felt we didn't get back to you in a timely manner. When we returned your call, there was no answer so we did send you an email. Because over the weekend you were traveling by bus from Bocas to Pedasi, we played a fun game of phone tag :). Also, we are closed on the weekends so that may have had some part in the delay.

Your teacher Dania told me that she truly enjoyed having you as a student. Dania, even with local Panamanians, always speaks very slowly and clearly. That's why she's one of our greatest teachers! Her speaking characteristics are in no way a reflection of her opinion of your Spanish skills or abilities.

We have both notebooks and individual lessons plans available to our students. Because we designed your program especially for you, we used individual lesson handouts that we thought would be the most beneficial to your improvement. We do offer a book binding service so that students can keep all their materials together. And we definitely agree, having a notebook for note taking always helps!

Again, thank you for your feedback and most of all, thanks for studying with us. We truly enjoyed having you at the school!
Vermillion, South Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing Instruction!”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

After studying in two other language schools in Central America, I have to emphatically state what a fabulous learning experience I had at Buena Vida!!! After the placement test, the teachers had a clear syllabus with objectives, including my goals! We did field trips, experiential activities and worked together every minute of our time together. The teachers were professional, hard working, congenial and sincerely interested in me learning the language. Thank you for an amazing experience! I will be back! For sure!

Singapore, Singapore
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A perfect way to learn Spanish”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I had an absolutely amazing experience at Buena Vida Language School. Dania and Andreina are two excellent teachers who make learning spanish fun and easy by varying teaching strategies and offering a very personal experience. They are very good at catering to your level and teaching you what you would like to focus on. I was in a small group with two other students and that worked out very well. Ingrid, Dania and Andreina go out of their way to make your time in Pedasi perfect, and I really hope that I can find time to go back another time.

Visited July 2012