“Wonderful”

and 1 more site!
Dim's Hostal
Ranked #4 of 19 Pedasi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at Dims for 2 nights. The breakfast was good and the rooms and outdoor balconies were lovely. There are some good restaurants in the area and a super market right across the street. The beach is a short drive away and you are able to catch a boat to the nearby iguana island.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Dim's Hostal

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Great experience staying at Dim's, all the staff were very sweet and accommodating!After calling in to make reservations, we took a bus from Las Tablas and the bus driver dropped us off right in front of the hostal. The location is very convenient, right across from the Supermarket, so we were easily able to make our own dinners. The backyard with the hammocks was very relaxing and perfect for my brother and my boyfriend to read in the hammocks after spending the first half of the day on the beach. Everything decorated in traditional Panamananian style. It is by far the best deal in town, with its location, cleaniless, ac/hotwater and the owner can help you get a ride to the beach. As a Panamanian that lives in the US, it was wonderful to come back to my home country and relax in a hostel that still preserves the local culture. Makes me very proud!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor... that worked out just fine for us!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Had a great time. Nice hammocks, shared fridge and free wifi in the common area. Our room was clean, great A/C. Free parking. Bed was comfy enough. The other guests were friendly and cool to talk with during breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Nice place, clean, comfortable back yard, price reasonable. You won't go wrong staying here.

I walked out in the morning to the breakfast area. I was the first one there and I was hung over. Before I could find the coffee, a woman came up to me and asked me in spanish how I wanted my eggs. I could not think of the words for "wake up", so I told her in bad spanish, that I needed time for coffee first and then when I was more "arriba" I would let her know about the eggs.

A few minutes later the owner comes up to me and tells me in English, They do not know how to make eggs "arriba". I looked at her perplexed until I understood what she meant.

I was still chuckling to myself when the scrambled eggs were delivered.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mickymoose123
Reviewed 19 February 2013 via mobile

This place is really cosy. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. It has a huge garden with hammocks. At night it is beautiful illuminated. The breakfast is very good and the rooms are comfortable. There is a warm water shower and a tv. I would definitely recommend this hostel if you're searching a peacefull and remote place to relax.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

A great place to go on a fishing trip. I felt at home at Dims bed and breakfast. A quiet, safe place to stay. Great food and restaurants in walking distance with grocery store across the street. Reminds me of Buras, Louisiana, where i grew up 30 years ago. A great place to raise children. Can' t wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

Very nice rooms. Air conditioning was excellent and water heaters that actually worked.
Great breakfast, included.
Centrally located.
Mirna (sp?) was simply amazing, spoke very good English and was so helpful!
Safe parking if you have a car.
Cheapest laundry service in Central America.
Hard to find because there was no sign- just ask around, well worth the search.
Wished we would have stayed longer!!!

• Stayed: December 2012