“What took me so long!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bienvenidush - CLOSED

Bienvenidush
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Spanish, Delicatessen, Wine Bar, Israeli
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Shelton, CT
“What took me so long!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I can't believe it took me so long to finally go and try Bienvenidush. LOVED IT! The hummus plate was incredible and lots of it. The flavors were amazing. There was so much hummus that we needed more pita bread and were gladly given more. The cheese platter for 2, equally as delicious. At least 5 or 6 varieties of cheeses....the blue cheese and brie, awesome! The toast with pesto, yummy! 3 hungry girls and we never ended up ordering our wraps because we were so satisfied with everything we ordered first. Wine selection was great too....so good we ended up getting a second bottle. Service was very good. I noticed that the nice lady working there would keep looking over at us to make sure we were ok. So excited to have another great option in Pedasi. Maybe it's a little more pricey than some places, but it was a nice treat and well worth every penny.
I think the only negative, is it opens in the evening at 7PM. I'm hungry much earlier. Even opening at 6 would be better. And the name is not my favorite.
I'm craving it right now!

• Visited May 2014

Pedasi, Panama
“Not sure how long they will last”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

After having been in this store twice not sure what they really want to be. They have a few cheeses, some humus, caviar and a few other things, all very expensive compared to what you will pay at local grocery stores.
Will try once more in a month or so to see if they have changed for the better. At the time I was there it was not really a restaurant, but a specialty grocery store.

1 Thank PedasiPundit
Vienna, Austria
“Great surprise, great taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

After 2 weeks in Panama this place came in the right moment.
We were sitting on the bar chairs outside overlooking the laidback streets of Pedasi, drank a bottle of dry cold Spanish white wine, ordered a fantastic chicken liver paté and a great humus with culantro, the local cilantro and had one of our best evenings in our 4 weeks trip.
Highly recomended!

Panama City, Panama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bienvenidush, you had me the first moment I set hungry eyes on you.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

In the modest yet culturally rich town of Pedasi, an oasis of the taste buds sits quietly right off the Main Street. When I first walked into Bienvenidush, I marveled at the intricately creative decor -- looks almost as if Pinterest sponsored the design. It almost reminds me of a small tapas lounge//bar you could find on a spring afternoon in Prospect Park, Brooklyn -- except you're actually in a little paradise in Panama. Fish nets and fishing ropes cascade from the walls into sculptural murals, local artisans sell their love for Pedasi in small trinkets that rest upon wood-palette shelves, and Polaroids adorn every spare corner allowing you to glimpse the lives of locals and expats alike as they grow their own stories in this amazing sanctuary. Not to mention, the place is equipped with swinging seats on the inside and a beautiful wooden patio on the outside.

Now ... To The Food.

As an expat who mostly resides in Panama City (Casco Viejo) for work, I get to indulge in the latest delights from culinary entrepreneurs but ... I cannot think of one place that actually matches Bienvenidush, not only in style and product ... But also, delivery of something really unique in the region.

Home made chicken pate is seriously on the menu. Seriously. You can eat pate in the tropics and it's DELICIOUS. Serves with small pieces of toasted baguette, this onion marmalade, and an incredible Israeli-style, basil-based hot sauce (it's pronounced soog), you can rest assure, you will be satisfed.

Other noteworthy items on the menu: an impressive cheese plate whose variety and presentation would impress any king or queen of Europe. A beef carpaccio that is so tender and succulent with a flavorful lime and cultantro sauce lightly draping the dish blew my mind. You never get to eat this kind of stuff in the city and especially in this region.

Refreshing sangria adorned with pineapple and other fruity
magnets cools your senses and opens the palette. A fine selection of wine and other assorted beverages await for your choosing.

And while the lounge music plays a beat so inviting, you can sit back into a swing and enjoy a true treasure on the Azuero Peninsula.

Bienvenidush, you had me at shalom.

I will always come back to your humble abode.

Santa Cruz, California
“This place has style!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I loved the atmosphere here. Walking in you feel right at home, which makes it easy to stay and pull up a swing (yes swing!) to a table, or sit at the bar and chat it up with Gali, the lovely owner. They serve great wine, delicious hummus, a large assortment of fine cheeses, and yummy extras like wraps with feta cheese, roasted peppers and spices. Oh, and when you're done be sure to ask for a truffle. Divine. I would highly recommend coming, and I'll definitely be back.

• Visited February 2014