Hotel Rudolfshof
Agoda.com
Hotel Toni(Kaprun)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Modern, spacy and clean room and bathroom. Nice swimmingpool and spa-area, all included. The halfboard food was tasty and of high quality. The owner drives you to the skilifts by hotelbus. Can arrange everything around hiring skiequipment. I can't find any weak points.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 24 February 2012

This time my huabznd and I spent time in this hotel 8/02-16/02 2012 (that was our 2d time) and it was really great!
First of all the hospitality which you will feel from the 1st to the last minute staying in this hotel! If you have an idea or a problem it will be solved very easily and quickly. Secondly, the the shuttle bus which drives you to the mountain and at the end of the day returns you to the hotel is very useful, you don't depend on the bus and it is always just on time and again the atmosphere's great in it.
Speaking about the food: it doesn't matter if you're a vegetarian or not, everybody can find and order food to their tastes (The choice at breakfast is big). Also from 4-5 there is lunch, which we tried several times after snowboarding and again it was great! And at dinner time we had very delicious and various food and every time different!
Location. IT's situated just in 8-10 by car minutes from Kitzsteinhorn and Schmitten, also there is another one, but we'never snowboarded there.
The rooms. Last year my husband and I stayed in Luxury double and this year in Deluxe double, both rooms are cosy and not small.
In conclusion I'd like to say, that We'd really like to come in summer one day and of course return the next winter!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2012

very good quality hotel, outstanding gourmet food, kids club with high quality professional staff, rooms good and spacious but nothing exceptional, staff very friendly.

Some drawbacks though:
- a bit far and uphill from town centre, you may need car if you have small kids or if there is a lot of snow.
- There is no lift in the main building ! So be prepared not to forget anything in your room especially if it is on the 4th floor ! Even in the new wing the lift will take you just one floor up, so if your room is in the attic you'll have to walk one flight of stairs up.
- The lobby is somewhat small and not very welcoming.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2012

The staff was very friendly, the service was excellent and the massage was wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I have just returned from our five days Christmas trip to Austria, Hotel Rudolshof Vitality in Kaprun. My parents visited this hotel last year and were satisfied, so we decided to go with them this year too. There were some things which I liked but many others which I didn´t. Behaviour of the owner´s son spoit all our positive meanings about this hotel. Older lady- probably the owner of the hotel is quite hardworking, however her son does not know how to behave to their guests. My father recieved from the hotel as a birthday gift 4 vouchers in the amount of 20 Euros each for hotel´s SPA. When we paid our bill yesterday my father wanted to use these vouchers. Receptionist told us that he could not use 4 but only 1. When we ask why, she told us very impolitely that it was a mistake of the company which was responsible for distribution of these vouchers. She took my father´s vouchers and throw them away to the basket. So I asked her to call s.o. from the owners to explain us this whole unpleasant situation. The owner´s son came to the reception and announced us that we must be completely stupid if we thought that my father could use all vouchers. That it would cost hotel a lot of money. That this is a nonsense. He even didn´t try to apologize for misunderstanding. I must say that it is not a question of the money. We spent in the hotel more then 3.000 Euros, for 5 nights (it is a lot of money). 80 Euros does not mean anything in this sum. It is a question of the way how he explained us mistake made by hotel, not by us. He was very rude and impolite. If it was not our last night in the hotel, I would definitely leave this hotel next day. Owners claim that they respect and appreciate their guests. It is not the truth. I travel a lot. But I have never met such a rude owner. Their voucher is not a gift, it is only advertisment for the SPA. Really be aware of this hotel. Swimming pool is very cold, so we couldn´t try it with our children. Menu on 24 th of December was awful. We were really disappointed from the evening. Service was slow, not organised, everybody were bored, food terrible. Menu on 25 th was better. Last thing what I want to mention is kids club. Kids club was closed on Christmas day. However the lady who takes care about children told us that we can go and ask reception, there is no problem we can play in the club. When I went to reception lend a key, receptionist was strict and didn´t let our children to play in the club.
If you want to spend nice holidays, do not choose this hotel. They are interested only in money and don´t care about the feelings and satisfaction of their guests.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank ambravecna
Rudolfshof, Inhaber at Hotel Rudolfshof, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2011

Dear Mrs Zavazalova,

Thank you very much for your comment. I do regret that the matter of using only one gift voucher per person has spoiled your vacation with us here at the Rudolfshof. These gift vouchers are a little present from us – of course they are also marketing tools – we are running a tourism business.
Your parents were staying with us before and enjoyed our service and our food until the last evening we were under impression that also you liked our hotel.
Dear Mrs Zavazalova, I can understand that you were disappointed about the fact that not all treatments for your parents were for free but I have not made fools out of you and I have not been unfriendly as many other guest comments proof.
Our pool water temperature and quality is maintained full automatically so unless we have a technical problem the pool water must have 30°C but maybe that was still too cold for you and your child as it is very warm in the Spa area it feels colder when you enter the water.
Christmas Eve is a traditional family evening here at the Rudolfshof and most of our guests enjoyed the program with Santa Claus and the presents for the children from the hotel and from the parents. The dinner is traditionally served slower and there are more courses than on regular evenings. We do regret if that was not the way you like to spend your Christmas Eve. When our waitress Ivana was asking you told her that the food was ok it was just not your taste.
Our Kids Club is closed on Saturday, that was written to you before you even made the reservation. We wish you and your family all the best and a Happy New Year.

Rudolf Hermann junior