All reviews penken lift famous ice bar perfect location family sauna soup every night cable car spa facilities wellness area large hotel fruit salad table tennis junior suite reception staff spar supermarket apres ski the main street
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We spent a week here in March 2011. We had originally booked to stay in one of there snow homes but we were upgraded to the main hotel. The rooms were nice and clean with loads of hot water. Rooms were cleaned daily and i had complaints on that front. The location of this hotel could not be better for lifts and amenities but could be really noisy at night.
The breakfast was good with a decent selection, however dinner was not so nice. We only ate dinner in the hotel twice.

Would most likely go back to the Strass if i was staying in Mayrhofen.

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I've just returned from a few days skiing in Mayrhofen Austria and I had a great stay at the Sport Hotel Strass .

With it's excellent facilites and friendly staff and it's great location to the main cable car to the penken ski area , and then after a day of skiing it has a Spa -wellness area within the hotel second to none in the Zillertal - to relax and recover.

It's a hotel I will definately be visiting again very soon in 2012 .

Room tip: Location Location to the Ski lift
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank David H
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed with our two 9 year old twins at the Sporthotel during December. The hotel is perfectly located next to the ski lifts, the facility is nice, the staff is very friendly. Rooms could be cleaner, but overall the hotel is good.
Regarding the spa - one must be aware that the spa area is without bathing suits. For me it meant that I wasn't using this facility...

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mirch
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I stayed in the Strass Hotel for a week just before Christmas and had a fantastic time. The hotel is so warm and welcoming to all. The facilities were top notch and the staff most welcoming. I particularly enjoyed the spa and sauna. I would whole heartedly recommend the hotel to anyone who is seeking a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I stayed here for two weeks in December 2011 and couldn't have had a better time. Mayrhofen as a resort is a delightful, idyllic town sat in the Zillertal valley and the Sporthotel Strass is by far one of the best hotels in the area. The staff were more than welcoming and always greeted me with a friendly smile. The rooms were clean, tidy and comfortable and the Spa was one of the best Spa's I have been to. For younger guests like myself the bar and club underneath the hotel provided some awesome music and a really friendly atmosphere. I would recommend Mayrhofen and specifically the Sporthotel Strass to anyone looking for a summer vacation in the mountains, or a winter skiing break.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends