“Brilliant hotel”

Alpenhotel Kramerwirt
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Mayrhofen
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hotel Kramerwirt. It is a warm, family run hotel with lots of Austrian charm. The staff are helpful and friendly, the rooms are comfortable and very clear but the highlight definitely has to be the food. Every meal was lovely, there was always plenty and it was typical Austrian. We really couldn't recommend it highly enough. Go and see for yourself! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I have been going to the hotel Krammerwirt for 6-7 years now off and on. It never fails to deliver an excellent holiday. The staff are friendly but not over bearing, efficient and always smart. The food compares with any other high class hotel with a great range including good veggie options. The lounge bar is always a relaxing centre in the hotel and an extensive a la Carte menu is available for a special evening. The hotel is close to a ski bus (outside the door) and around 200 metres from the railway station. If you want to escape the crowded Penkenbahn, try hopping on a train to Zell am Ziller or even Kaltenbach for an easier access to the slopes. There are miles and miles of on and off piste skiing Available. Your ski pass gives you free train rides ( if it's the slightly more expensive all areas pass. I will be going back to the Krammerwirt next year for sure because it's almost like home. You will not get better I promise you!

1  Thank Peter W
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This was my second visit to Mayerhofen and to the Kramerwirt and as before this charming and very traditional hotel more than lived up to expectations. It is a really lovely hotel with a warm and inviting feel. The staff are very friendly and extremely helpful, going out of their way to ensure you have everything you need and that you enjoy your stay.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable and the food is superb, with a wonderful choice each day both for breakfast and evening meal.

It has good facilities and if like me, you ski, it has a good and spacious ski room. The bar in the evening was full of atmosphere, particularly during our stay as a wonderful group from England played acoustic guitars every night, which really helped top off a wonderful experience and stay at this hotel.

The hotel is well located for lift access and for the shops, cafes and bars etc, if needed. I would highly recommend this hotel if going to Mayerhofen, winter or summer. I promise you will not be disappointed and you will want to return, as I surely will.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My recent stay at the kramerwirt could not have been better. Situated opposite a church and a small village green gives the hotel a feel that it has nestled with time into its rightful position, and although central to all things Mayrhofen, you conclude your stay thinking that the clock is chiming a little slower just for you....
The food is exceptional and most meat and diary products come directly from their own farm. The kitchen and restaurant are closely monitored by the owners each evening which reassures guests that attention to detail is worthy of their 300 year old legacy.
If i had paid double for the same experience, I'd still be smiling.
Do yourself a favour and check out the spar.........

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter C
Reviewed 16 January 2014

There is no need to amplify or repeat accolades of other travellers only to say that we had a wonderful time and would not hesitate to come back or recommend this hotel to anybody.

So why we mark the hotel down ? Well, we are living in the age where it is expected, at least from establishments of this quality, that a reliable Internet connection would be a matter of cause. Unfortunately whilst the internet is available, and free, it is difficult to connect to the system, and if connected almost impossible to use the internet in any practical manner. It is simply too overloaded for the number of users. Good news is, upon talking to the management about it, that there are plans to upgrade the system this spring.

There is perhaps only one more thing to add. Some seven years ago whilst staying in Mayrhofen in another hotel we had an evening meal in Kramerwirt. We were so impressed with the hotel, service and food that this year when we decided to come back to this resort we did not hesitate to choose Alpenhotel Kramerwirt. We were NOT disappointed.

Room Tip: If you can (cost issue) do not choose rooms in the annex.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vladimir K
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We stayed last week at the Krammerwirt. The owners are extremely courteous and spent time talking with us about their experiences and are so very interesting. The hotel was warm, extremely clean, beautifully decorated and well equipped - watch out for the amazing water pressure if you want a bubble bath, I nearly filled the room with foam! If I had to pick at one thing, the beds were a little hard for me, but an extra duvet supplied worked as a mattress topper. Tina our waitress was superb, incredibly hard working and observant of everyone's likes and dislikes. We wanted to eat a Schnitzel on our last night and although not on the menu, she arranged it. Furthermore, despite our incredibly early departure, breakfast was available at 4am. The location was perfect, the bus stop outside made it extremely easy to access the slopes. The main station is only 5 minutes walk if you want to travel further afield. It was a perfect place for our family - I am sure we will return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Iv'e just returned from a weeks stay at the Kramerwirt and would really like to share my amazing experience and express just how impressed I was with this family run hotel .The rooms were to a great standard and very clean and the staff were astounding. I am on a very awkward diet at the moment which meant I was not able to enjoy the normal delights on the menu. I did not expect any special treatment and was prepared to make do with what ever I might be able to eat but Tina our waitress went out of her way to make sure my exact needs were met and communicated my finicky diet needs to the chef who prepared me a separate meal according to my needs on a daily basis. It's been along time since I have experienced such outstanding service. Its a centrally located hotel next to the church. I can't believe that some reviews have commented on the noisy church bells. Our room was probably the closest to the bells that you could get and it was not a problem at all.If anything I found them pleasing rather than annoying they are not intrusive or overwhelming for any normal human being and I would ignore the negative comments left by a strange minority. We took advantage of the full spa facilities which were most welcome after a hard day on the slopes. The spa has 2 Jacuzzi's, a sauna a steam room a theratarium as well as a infrared sauna. Its an Austrian rules spa so there is no room for being prudish but don't let that put you off the facilities are too good to pass up on and you can hide your modesty with a towel. There are several bars within walking distance but be warned this is a lively town and you will come across a fair few package tour pub crawls as the town caters to a lively crowd. The noisy and smokey bars were slightly off-putting for myself and I gave up on trying to find a bar where I didn't come out of stinking of an ashtray or with ring ears. The hotel has a quiet bar which is pleasant enough but it was almost too quiet and it would be nice if the town could offer something in the middle. Perhaps it exists but I didn't find it. A ski bus stops conveniently right outside the hotels front door and takes you to either the Penken or the A horn main gondolas. I found that neither of these 2 montains were as good as the nearby neighbouring mountains which are also covered by the main ski pass . The Zillertal Arena is without doubt worth making the effort to venture too. Its served by a easy train/bus ride and most of the package tours offer it as a day excursion. If its offered then definitely do it. The next best skiing was Kaltenbach. Both of these mountains offered more exciting longer and less crowded runs. Take advantage of them and get away from the crowded and less superior Penken.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple