“Exceptionally friendly, high-end B&B”

Alpin Hotel Garni Eder
Ranked #1 of 91 Mayrhofen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We read all the stunning reviews before travelling and couldn't believe they were accurate but they are all true and don't over-state the delights of the Eder. Christine and Marcus Eder are exceptional hosts; you couldn't hope for more attentive and thoughtful proprietors. As others have said, they are natural B&B owners.

Our rooms were large and airy, well furnished and very much better than 'normal' ski accommodation. Breakfast was extensive. Home cooked bread, and a new 'treat' waiting on the plate each day to supplement a wide range of other offerings.

The house is on the edge of the village, fairly close to both the Penken and Ahorn gondolas, a relatively easy walk to both. Good restaurants (Landeshaus and Waldcafe) are within a short distance, with the rest of the village facilities close at hand. If you don't want a full meal, the butcher facing the Penkenbahn, Hans Gasser (Meister metzgerei) will serve a large variety of cooked meat, hot ribs, schnitzel, salad etc which you can take back to the B&B to eat there.

Crystal Holidays book the whole place out between December and March but outside those periods it's booked through their own website.

I can't finish without a word about the Hungarian maid. Every day the bedding and towels were different: We had pillow mountains wearing bobble hats with a soft toy mountaineer. Towels that were variously flowers, swans, frogs and the like. Quilts in the shape of love hearts - it was a joy to return to the room and find out what transformations had taken place in our absence.

Room Tip: We had rooms 7 and 8 which were slightly bigger than the others I believe. There is one room downsta...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

What an absolute gem, stayed here with my 11 year old son and cannot describe just how much we enjoyed our stay. The owners Christine and Marcus are the perfect hosts and cannot do enough gor you, breakfasts are excellent and the rooms are spotless. If you are going to Mayerhofen look no further than the Garni Eder.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GaryREllison20367
Reviewed 20 February 2014

After reading previous excellent reviews about this hotel didn't believe that it could possibly live up to the expectations that I had. I am pleased to say that it didn't disappoint!! From walking into the Eder and being greeted by Christina and Marcus to leaving a week later we couldn't have been made to feel more welcomed. The Eder is spotlessly clean and furnished to a high standard. Our room was spacious with a large balcony with views of the mountain forest. The cleaning lady not only made the towels and duvet into different shapes every day but also made sure our room was left tidy! As mentioned in previous reviews there was a choice of breakfast dishes - no one can ever go hungry. Christina has a wealth of local knowledge and able to recommend places to eat. The location was excellent with the penkenbahn lift only a 5 min walk but far enough away not to be disturbed with the party crowds. We had a fantastic time staying at the Garni Eder and would recommend it. Would love to come back! Thank you Christina and Marcus.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicola S
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Christine is a natural B&B owner – the best. She genuinely seems to take pleasure in talking to the guests, and making sure they have a good stay. Every morning she greets you at breakfast with a big smile and a joke, and is a fountain of advice. I can’t overstate how great she is.

We stayed in the large downstairs room (we paid slightly more to get a large room) with a big bathroom and bath. It’s all spotlessly clean, attractive modern décor with some lovely touches.

Breakfast is really excellent, a real treat – all beautifully presented: Fresh home made bread, fruit, yoghurt, eggs to order, meats and cheeses, a coffee machine that turns out quite decent coffee, juices, cereals, and a different little tasty morsel decorating the table each day.

I give this hotel 9.99 out of 10 – if they added an outdoor hot tub, I would like to move in please and stay forever.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JaneInLondonStill
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I cant recommend this hotel enough.

From the very warm welcome we got when we first arrived to the moment we left the atmosphere and hospitality were faultless.

We stayed in one of the larger rooms and I highly recommend them. The rooms are spacious, very very clean and comfortable with balcony's that give a lovely view of the forest.
Breakfast had a very good selection of cereals, meats, cheeses and bread rolls with a special extra every morning. The cooked fruits in the glass jars was my personal favourite. The lads in the group voted on the scrambled eggs.

The hotel is situated so that both the lifts (penkin and ahorn) are within a short walk but far enough out of the way so you don't get all the noise from the bars in town.

A special thanks to the lady who cleans the rooms. On the second day I forgot my lift pass and after hearing me tear my room apart, that she had just finished cleaning, she came in to help me find it and told me to go while she put everything back for me so I didn't lose anymore boarding time.

I don't know what else to say. A very very very good hotel that thoroughly deserves all the excellent reviews and I will definitely be booking again.

Room Tip: Room 7. You pay a bit more but so worth it for the extra space.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank impulse
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I can't really say much more than every other review below. You'll see from our profile that we travel a lot and generally stay in smaller places.

We chose the Garni Eder based on these reviews and I can't recommend it enough. Christina and Marcus are great, breakfast fantastic, lovely décor and fantastic daily cleaning. Spacious rooms for a ski resort as well.

The location is quiet, yet only a short walk to the Penkenbahn and Ahornbahn.

Superb!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We have stated in Mayrofen numerous times, The Elizabeth, The Sports hotel ( disaster) and March 2013 found this gem of a place, immaculate, friendly, clean I could go on, so good that we went back New Year, day 3 of holiday I had a bad accident & taken to hospital, i spent the last 3 days stuck in bed with concussion & fractured pelvis in 2 places, Christina & Marcus were amazing, so kind & helpful they treated us like family, they genuinly care about their guests. I was spoilt with home made dohnuts, chocolates in my room & something nice to drink every day. Christina even took my case to the coach for the return transfer. You just would not get this anywhere else. They have an honesty bar too so you can have a beer or soft drink anytime for 1 EU. The rooms are spacious and very clean, take your own toiletries though. We are going back again March this year and even though i probably wont be able to ski, I am really looking forward to staying there again as its such a quiet, pretty location.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo