My friends and I had a fantastic stay at the Strolz recently.
We were blown away by the facilities at this place, I'll just list them:
Here's what was great
- spacious rooms with lots of storage (rare for european hotels)
- good sized swimming pool (slightly cool but refreshing after a day on the sloper)
- 10 mins walk to train, 3-4 mins (in ski boots) to ski bus stop.
- large boot room with ski storage and heated boot racks
- balconies that open to inter-link with friends
- elevator to all floors (that was small but fast)
- great food at all meals (and really nice house wine & reasonably priced)
- friendly, helpful & accommodating staff
- they give you 2 keys for your room (which is great if you're sharing with a friend who you're not skiing with all day)
- traditional decor, makes you feel like you are in Austria (not a faceless hotel in any country in the world)
Things that could make it even better (but by no means are complaints):
- The wifi is paid for (and doesn't reach to the rooms at the very end of the corridors), I think the world is slowly but surely moving towards free wifi and there is plenty of if at various restaurants on the slopes and in the town centre.
- The front lounge is so very bright, it's cheerful but a bit too much. I think people would be encouraged to spend more time there if it was calmer and more relaxing/inviting. It's just an ambience thing
Over all we had a fantastic experience and would recommend staying here and we will certainly return.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Pension Strolz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strolz Hotel Mayrhofen