“Exelent hotel great stuff and location.”

Hotel Garni Rauchenwalderhof
Hotel Garni Rauchenwalderhof
Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in Mayrhofen
Reviewed 21 February 2013

we arrived for a week and booked this hotel. The hotel is amazing everything brand new and recently was rebuilt. The rooms are big and clean, lots of woodwork, very relaxing and warm. The stuff was very pleasent especially Jasmin, she was very helpfull. The breakfast is good and everything was just right. Location of the hotell is fantastic, 3 min walk to Penken lift. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Eddi M

Reviewed 5 February 2013

This is the email I have sent to the hotel owner:
I wanted to let you know that I had a good experience at your hotel until the last day when I was really disappointed. We trusted that if we order at the bar everything will be recorder correctly in your books, but I had the surprise that it was not.

1. Firstly, I had the surprise to see a lot of extra beers and coffees we never ordered. Probably the other guests have ordered at the bar but the drinks were registered on our bill! Not acceptable!!
2. Secondly, and the worst, is that my friend Adrian who left on Sunday morning January the 27th, has paid for his drinks (6 coffees, 1 gluhwein and 1 day of internet), but Marina never admitted it! Not acceptable at all!! I hope that she admitted finally at least in front of you!

I suggest that you instruct better your stuff, otherwise customers will be unhappy. I will write this review also on booking.com.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Bogdan R
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I've been on ski vacation for a week, January 2012, Mayrhofen, and stayed at this hotel..
It was perfect!!
The rooms are clean and staff doing they'r work in time, the owner of a hotel is SUPER nice.
I enjoyed my staying so much, that instead of a week i booked room for 3 more days.

The owner is very welcoming, and anything i needed was given to me right away, with a smile.
The hotel located close tho the Penkin lift, but only if you take the "shortcut" way. it is about 5 minutes walking. The location is quite, away from the noise of main street, which i find very useful in case of getting tired from all the partying.
Also, the prices of the rooms are decent.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Maria G
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We stayed in a apartment in a little two apartment dolly house with overflowing window boxes on every sill adjacent to the hotel. Good cooking facilities, also option to eat in hotel if required. Basic rooms but comfortable and internet available at 3 euros a day. Excellent location minutes from the village/town of Mayrhofen. Absolutely stunning mountain scenery, and lots of summer activities including white water rafting, a huge fabulous leisure centre and spa facilities in Mayrhofen, and excellent summer skiing at the nearby Hintertux glacier.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lizzyds
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Situated a bit outside the centre of Mayrhofen. The rooms vary in size, but are all traditional Austrian. Some have a separate shower in a tiny space next to the entrance, others a traditional bath. The rooms are quite simple and you can hear some sounds from the people next door. The breakfast is nice and the owners helpful, although not easy to spot.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lile_my
Reviewed 3 April 2010

When we arrived to Rauchenwalderhof, I found that only one of the beds had been prepared in my room. The other one did not have any sheets! Went to the reception and it took me a while before I found the owner and got the sheets.
The room itself was basic, but quite OK, although could have been bigger (with suitcases on the floor it was hard to move around in this room). Also, I missed a drying cupboard in which I could dry my clothes (they can get pretty wet in March with warm weather). I can confirm what was told in a previous review that you need to bring your own soap / shower gel along. Had to struggle without it first night, bought from a local shop next day.
The breakfast was very basic indeed: boiled eggs, ham, cheese, bread, juice, cereal - that was pretty much it. Every day the same stuff.

But the worst part is that the owner (Alfred) of this guest house is a bit mentally ill! He may usually behave quite OK, but does go mad from time to time! In my particular case, he even assaulted me and if a friend of mine (who was a stronger guy) had not pulled him back there would probably had been a bigger fight. Not sure how it would have ended ... The reason for attacking me? Because I had brand new and rather expensive skis and I dared to ask how he could guarantee that they would not get stolen considering that the ski room had its own entrance and the door was kept open all the time. His answer was that he would not guarantee anything and it was my problem (although, by the law he would probably have been responsible for that anyway)! It was impossible to talk to this man - he started yelling at me from the very first moment, accusing me of making his life difficult by not blindly accepting 'the rules of the house'. I tried to peacefully ask my question many times, but did not succeed and, as I already told, was physically attacked by this guy!
Of course I could not tolerate such a behaviour of someone assaulting me instead of being helpful and trying to find a solution and decided to move to another guest house which turned out to be much better (had a lockable ski room, polite staff, better breakfast etc).
I later learnt from different people that I was not the only one who had problems with that guy (Alfred) in Rauchenwalderhof. My friends knew people who had stayed there 2 months earlier and had had a similar incident! Moreover, even some people among the Rauchewalderhof's own staff admitted that this man was mentally unstable. The same story from the owner of my new guest house who told that Rauchenwalderhof used to be a nice place when Alfred's parents were managing it, but after Alfred took over everybody started avoiding it!
I could name all those people who shared their information with me, so that you could check the sources independently, but I think it would be better if I did not do that .. for safety of those people.

Conclusion: Mayrhofen was a nice place, but I would definitely stay away from Rauchenwalderhof! There are plenty of other options!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank traveller2990
Reviewed 9 February 2009

We were there a week ago on a ski week and, although the location is excellent and the rooms are quite ok, the service is worst. We were served the same breakfast every day, we had no soap or shower gel provided in the rooms, no garbage collected from the room (I mean packages, empty bags or bottles etc.).
Believe it or not, for 70 EUR / room / night, we had to bring our own soap, gel or shampoo, we had to throw ourselves the garbage, we had to wait minutes for the water to come or the get warm, we had to endure low temperatures in the rooms.

An above all, the personnel did not speak at all english (how can you do that when at least half of your clients are foreign?) and we did not see any smile during that week.

I will definitely not go there and will advise any tourist to look for a different location if he/she has that budget.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends