“Great place and great service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sport Hagleitner
Bucharest, Romania
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great place and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

Very friendly and supportive. Of course we rented the bikes and the equipment (being summer season).
Definitely the place to go for rental equipment.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank OvidiuDeme

Bristol
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great price, great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

Firstly, I am shocked by the poor reviews left here. I dealt with Monica and found her to be very helpful and friendly...and I don't speak German.

I hired VIP ski's (as named on the website and the shop) from Hagleitner 2 in the centre of Saalbach - behind the Schattberg Express bubble lift. I paid £91 for 6 days via a website called Snowbrainer (good name!). When I arrived in Saalbach I noticed the same level of ski was available from Intersport for 149 EUR so I was pleased with my price.

I picked my ski's up on the Saturday afternoon and the whole process was quick and straight forward. The next day me and my boyfriend went back to the store for me to enquire about ski lessons and for my boyfriend to demo some skis. Monica helped me book a lesson with easyski - 2hr and 15mins of private tutition: 105 EUR. As apposed to 136 EUR at the Snow Academy. Paul also was given some slalom skis to test. Everyone we dealt with was helpful and friendly and were given a beer to drink too!

At the time I explained that my new privatly owned boots were hurting and one of the male assistants (I think Monica's son?) told me to bring them in the next day, which i did and he adjusted my boots free of charge.

Paul went on to buy the skis he demo'ed for a good price and a pair of ski socks.

We were in there I think everyday for one reason or another and all were a good experience. That said, we didn't have any problems so I can't comment on Monica's attitude in a sticky situation.

Visited March 2011
2 Thank Mookiypoos
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Do not use Hagleiten for ski hire”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2011

Like the previous reviewer on this site, we also had a bad experience with the shop owners wife who was called Monica. She was very rude to us and was not really interested unless you spoke German. They do not provide a ski shuttle service to all hotels so you may have a lot of hassle if your hotel is not near the shop.

There are so many good ski hire places in Saalbach and even if they are a few Euros more, at least they provide a godd service and you do not have to encounter Monica who really lets teh family business down.

Another place to hire is Sport Bauer.

Visited January 2011
1 Thank travelbugget
Bingley, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Sport Hagleitner 1 Ski Hire”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2010

We have recently returned from our annual skiing trip to Saalbach in Austria.

Before we set off to Austria we booked our ski hire through a Web Site called Skiset and the ski’s were collected from Sport Hagleitner 1 shop in Saalbach.

We booked 2 sets of ski’s through the Skiset web site and both sets of ski’s booked were Performance Gold level at an on line cost of 96.00 Euro’s each. We also opted to pay insurance for the ski’s at a cost of 24 Euro’s on the understanding that this would fully cover us for any damage of theft.

We collected our ski’s on Saturday 6th March 2010 at 16:30 hours ready to commence skiing the following day. The ski’s which we were given were not the performance gold level as ordered, but the Discovery Silver level. The Sport Hagleitner shop called the Performance Gold ‘VIP’ Ski’s and the Discovery Silver ‘Top Ski’s’. We were both provided with ‘Top Ski’s’. When we queried this we were told that we had been given the correct ski’s as booked through the Web Site.

We also took ten other members of our party to the shop where they hired their ski’s. It was interesting to find that they paid less than what we had paid online and they were given the same ‘top ski’s’ that we had been given.

On Monday 8th March we had lunch at a mountain restaurant. When we came out of the restaurant we found that one set of our ski’s had been taken and another pair of ski’s put in their place. The ski’s were exactly the same size on the bindings and we assumed that someone had taken our ski’s by mistake. We immediately made our way down the mountain and to the Sport Hagleitner 1 shop to report that the ski’s had been taken. We reported this to Monica who we understand is the owner of the shop.

Monica was not sympathetic at all and immediately demanded the sum of 350 Euro’s before we leave the shop and told my partner that she was a thief. I explained to Monica that we had taken out insurance on the ski’s and Monica advised us that the 350 Euro’s that she demanded was excess and that if we had not taken out insurance that we would have to pay double. I then asked Monica for a copy of the terms and conditions for the ski hire and insurance and was informed that this was not available. Monica then went on to reiterate that my partner was a thief and that if she did not return the ski’s to the police station that she would call the police. I also note that the web site does not state that we would still have to pay excess even though we had taken out insurance.

Monica then showed us a poster in the shop which stated that excess was 350 Euros on VIP ski’s and 200 Euros on Top Ski’s. I then tried to explain to Monica that we had not been given VIP ski’s and showed her the other pair of ski’s which had a label stating they were ‘Top Ski’s’. At this stage Monica totally refused to speak with us any further and called over a Male assistant to remove is from the shop. She told us that if we did not leave the shop that she would call the police and report us for stealing ski’s.

We left the shop, but in the heat of the moment, I forgot to pick up my ski’s, I returned minutes later only to find that my Ski’s were not in front of the counter where I had left them. I asked Monica for my ski’s and she just laughed and told me to get out of the shop. I then realised that she had placed my ski’s at the back of the counter and asked her to give them back to me. She refused. At this stage I was very cross so I reached over and took the ski’s and left the shop. As we left Monica shouted that she was calling the police and that they would be coming to our hotel to arrest us.

I have to say that I have never experienced anyone with such a rude and ignorant attitude and cannot believe that she is the owner of the shop. We experienced a similar problem on a previous visit to Saalbach and had hired our Ski’s from Intersport. We had not taken out any insurance and they only asked for a fraction of what Sport Hagleitner had requested. Intersport were extremely helpful and fully understood the problem.

We then returned to our pension and explained what had happened to the owners of the pension and that the Police may arrive at any time to arrest us. They were quite shocked that we had been treated this way but when we told them which shop we used they became less surprised and indicated that they knew of other people who had also had problems with the shop.

After a sleepless night we got up early the following morning and returned to the mountain restaurant where the ski’s had been taken. We spoke to the manager of the restaurant and he informed us that the person who had taken our ski’s had also been in touch and reported that they had the wrong ski’s. We later swapped ski’s and continued the rest of the week without a further problem.

Later in the week more members of our party arrived and we directed them to another ski hire shop, Sport 2000 which was recommended by the owners of the Pension. Whilst in the shop I asked the manager about their policy on insurance and stolen ski’s and they advised that they do not take out insurance as people tend not to look after the ski’s as well. I went on to ask what would happen if the ski’s were lost and they advised that they would immediately reduce the cost by 50 % then look at how many times the ski’s had been rented out to determine an accurate cost, they advised that the cost would be much less than the 350 Euros which had been demanded for our ski’s and they were also quite shocked when we explained what had happened. When they looked at my ski’s they advised that they were several seasons old and could never be classed as performance gold ski’s.

Basically, we feel that we have been totally ripped off by Skiset and the shop and that if the hire ski’s had not turned up the incident may have put us off skiing for life.

The incident in the shop and attitude of Monica totally ruined our holiday.

It goes without saying that we will never use the Web Site again to book our ski’s and I would very strongly recommend that Skiset remove Sport Hagleitner from their portfolio before they completely ruin the business.

We will be taking further action on this matter.

Other than this bad experience I would strongly recommend Saalbach to anyone looking for a lively holiday with fantasric ski runs for all abilities and great freindly lively apres ski bars.

23 Thank Robbowestyorks