Choosing this hotel was a first class decision. Having booked our holiday with Inghams, through Thomas Cook, everything went to plan on the trip over and we arrived at the hotel where we couldn't have been better received. The room (Zwolferkogel) was clean and spacious and had some beautiful views of the mountains. Yes, we could hear the river, and some cars going by, but nothing to write home about! Meals could not be faulted and included local dishes which were all worth trying. Our lunch was often a packed meal which we prepared ourselves at breakfast. The hotel staff were friendly, efficient, and could not do enough to help. And the facilities (as advertised in the Inghams brochure) were accurate but they no longer offer Nordic walking. There was also a laundry room for guest use which has a washing machine/dryer/iron/washing powder etc. For relaxation after a busy day in the hills a visit to the sauna world helped to ease any aching muscles. The surrounding area of Hinterglemm/Saalbach is beautiful and, with nearly all the hills having lifts with easily reachable restaurants, it is almost impossible not to overdose with 'apfelstrudle & sahne'. Our 'Joker Cards' were provided at the reception desk on our arrival and meant we could travel free on the local buses and cable cars. At the end of our holiday our departure could not have been easier with coach pick up on time, just outside the hotel, and having had breakfast first. A first class choice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TRADITION MEETS ECO-CHIC At the heart of Salzburg's Grass Mountains, the Gartenhotel Theresia Superior combines exclusive interior design and contemporary art with timeless tradition and ecological philosophy. The stylish "Mountain Green SPA" with heated indoor and outdoor pools, an organically certified gourmet cuisine (2 bonnets Gault Millau 2016), gorgeous rooms, children's club and ski slopes, lifts and partner skischool right on the doorstep as well as ski rental at the hotel. The proprietor also runs private tours through the hotel gallery, featuring artist like Andy Warhol. Free guided walks, biking tours and use of cable cars, tennis courts in summer. Additional guided tours with the hotel owner include trips to local organic farms. The hotel is selected member of: Health & SPA Premium Hotels, AllergyProfis - hotels & restaurants, Family Salzburger Land, Bio Paradies Salzburger Land, Autriche pro France Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Theresia Gartenhotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Theresia Gartenhotel Saalbach
- Theresia Gartenhotel Hotel Saalbach