“review”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saalbach-Hinterglemm
Theresia Gartenhotel
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Dear staff of the Gartenhotel Theresia!

We were staying at your hotel from 4/01 to 11/01/2014 and we would like to share our opinion with you.
We had very friendly welcome, nice service and delicious cuisine. We felt very cosy atmosphere. We had comfortable room, also we liked your spa very much!
Thanks to all the staff of your hotel and we are planning to visit you again this month!

Best regards,
Alexander and Lidiya

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Recently returned from a week's skiing in Saalbach-Hinterglemm, staying at the Theresia. I found it excellent in nearly all respects, starting with the friendly welcome and the drink put in my hand immediately on arrival.
My room was immaculate and very comfortable---not much of a view, but that may have been because I had requested a quiet room, and quiet it was! A "Bernkogel" twin for sole use, with bath as well as shower (important for me)---just the job!
The hotel facilities were top-class, starting with the comfortable lounge with its open log fire which was lit every day and carefully tended by the staff. I also liked the clever arrangement in the ski room by which you could open your own private ski locker with your keycard. There was quite a large and beautifully warm indoor swimming pool which was a pleasure to use, plus a choice of "textile" or nude areas for sauna, steam room etc. A whirlpool in the nude area made me wonder about possible hygiene implications, but there was a marvellous alternative in the form of an outdoor whirlpool and swimming pool, both accessed from inside and both again kept at a really pleasant temperature. This was a great way to spend the late afternoon as it got dark.
Full marks too to a complimentary afternoon buffet of soup, cakes and ice cream, available until 5.00pm each day.
Which just leaves the food...the hot and cold breakfast buffet is easily summed-up: excellent.
People I spoke to thought the same about the evening meals, so my own comments come with the health warning that my tastes in food are pretty conservative. The first 2 courses--salad buffet and some sort of exotic starter--were no use at all to me as I dislike this type of food intensely. Soups were good, always with a choice of two. Main courses (choice of four if I remember correctly) usually contained something I liked--fish, beef, duck--accompanied by something I didn't, the latter very often being something extremely piquant which obscured the taste of the meat or whatever.
I was a little disappointed to be charged 4 euros for a 33cl glass of beer in the hotel, but unlike your reviewer Roberto G I was not charged for tap water with my meal (nor would I expect to be!).
So, dear reader, if your culinary tastes are fairly adventurous, do not be put off by my comments. I like plain, simple food and plenty of it; I don't want terrine of this, ragout of that, and roulade of the other! If you do, get yourself down to the Theresia and you'll have a marvellous time.
From the skiing point of view, I have skied here 2 or 3 times and never really had good snow conditions. This year the resort was struggling for snow cover, although the excellent efforts with the snow cannon more or less saved the day. The hotel itself is right by bus stops to lifts in either direction, although if you're wanting a bus to the Reiterkogel gondola, good luck with that!
I usually used a little T bar about 100 yards walk across the road from the hotel to link in to the Schattberg side of the system; you can also ski down from this side almost to the hotel. In theory you can do the same on the other side, but this (south-facing) run had no snow during my stay.
All in all a very pleasant stay at a hotel with very high standards of service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank paullally1
Reviewed 21 January 2014

For the sixth year running this hotel was a pleasure to stay in.Our party, of four adults, finds that every year we are even more charmed by the welcome,the facilities and the outstanding cuisine than the year before. Family Brettermeier-Egger certainly aim to please and do so with aplomb each year.This year I especially enjoyed the cuisine from the new chef. The people from Michelin should visit this hotel to give him a star.
If you are thinking of spending your ski holiday in Gartenhotel Theresia just go ahead and book.

Room Tip: We like the rooms on the second floor to the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My family and I have been visiting Saalbach-Hinterglemm for many years and have stayed at a number of hotels in the area, this hotel is by far the superior. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, the staff exceptionally helpful and polite without being intrusive. Our bedroom was large, clean and perfectly maintained which was of paramount importance as we had our 5 month old baby with us. The ski room was large enough and provided security for items left there (my husband had a pair of boots stolen from a ski room at another hotel). The spa was luxurious and the food varied and delicious. I only have two small observations; even though the après ski is generous can we please have some more savoury options as some of us don't have such a sweet tooth and don't want soup and less salt in the evening meal. I make the above requests because we have every intention of returning next year with even more family members. Overall we had a fantastic holiday.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Katrina C
Reviewed 12 January 2014

After excellent experiences in Austria ski resorts (Lech at the Gasthof Post and Berghof, Zurs at the Lorunser, St. Anton at the Alte Post and Ischgl at the Madlein) this time our expectations were not met. Probably the lack of snow and the impossibility to go back to the hotel by ski has contributed to some sort of disappointment in the choice of the hotel.
Apart the room that was large and very comfortable, the other facilities were poor: a very cramped ski room, one single small elevator, poor quality toilette amenities, mediocre quality towels.
Food was ok but in some cases lack of taste and not appealing.
One negative note is the charge for a carafe of tap water....never happened in my life in any hotel i visited.

Room Tip: Rooms on the garden side very quiet and perfect temperature for a good night sleep. If you travel w...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ROBERTO G
brettermeier, Inhaber at Theresia Gartenhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Mister Roberto G,

Thank you very much for writing a review. We are happy, that you liked the size and comfort of your room. You are right, the slope from the sunny side of the valley directly to our Hotel parking was closed during your stay because of the unusual lack of snow everywhere in the Alps this winter, but probably you didn’t realise, that the Mitteregglift (opposite the hotel) was open and the snow conditions were perfect there. It was always possible to start skiing opposite the hotel and ski right back down to the hotel from the north side of the valley. The complimentary ski shuttle (which runs approx. every 20 minutes and is included with the purchase of a ski pass) stops right in front of the hotel and takes our guests to the other end of our sprawling ski resort.
Concerning the price for our “tap water”: Our mountain spring water (from our two own springs) is available throughout the hotel. This precious and healthy water is also revitalised using the Grander method. The installation of the Grander water in the hotel was very expensive. By the way, bottled Granderwater is sold in stores per by € 12,10 per liter. I hope, you can understand why we charge € 3,50 for our very special tap water.

With kind regards from Saalbach-Hinterglemm,
Family Brettermeier & staff

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We have stayed 5 days here, four of us as a family, and I cannot speak highly enough of this luxury ski lodge. The meals are varied, fresh, lots of organic, healthy options and desserts to die for. Afternoon tea after a day skiing is perfect and then off to the dining room for dinner at your specially allocated table with the same waiter to help you. Rooms are clean and warm with daily stocked drinks for you. Staff are generous and helpful and the area for skiing is so wonderful. Gorgeous little towns either side of lodge and free shuttle bus takes you all around. We will be back.

Room Tip: Check website for tours of all rooms to choose your preferred option.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kriztine65
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Excellent staff and hotel. The rooms and facilites were of an exceptionally high standard. The staff were welcoming and polite and could not do enough to make our stay pleasant. A very family orientated hotel. Ski storage room was well designed and good kids entertainment in basement.
Nice christmas eve celebration in foyer of hotel.
Maybe some thought could be given to transport of guests to the ski area from the hotel at a convenient time?
Overall an very enjoyable stay over christmas with a good atmosphere so early in the season.

Room Tip: Choose second floor and above to avoid noise from kitchens
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family