We went on a one week wintersports vacation to Saalbach-Hinterglemm and this turned out to be a great place to stay.
I will describe our stay in the following 6 categories: 1: hotel 2: rooms 3: Food 4: Location 5: service 6: Spa/Pool
The hotel has been completely renovated, expanded and reopend half of December 2012. It is in an impecable state! For the people going on wintersports, they have a heated storageroom for your equiptment with lockers that work with your roompass. The lockers offer heated shoe/warmers as well!
The room we stayed was completely new. The bathroom was spick and span, had double sinks and a large bathtub with showercabin. The bed was comfortable and had blankets. The room had a balcony with a great mountainview.
It offered enough space for your (wintersports) clothes and was spacious in general.
See pictures attached.
We booked the stay including breakfast and went out to dinner once at night at the hotel restaurant.
The breakfast is very versatile and has a lot of options to choose from. There are fresh regional products and there is a chef preparing all sorts of eggs with or without filling. You can get freshly squeezed orangejuice and great coffee. The waiters will service your table to bring you coffee and anything else you ordered.
They offer a wide variety of breads, cheeses, sausages, fish, fruits, yoghurts, oatmeals, juices , dried fruits and jams.
But most important of all, the quality of the produce was outstanding.
The dinner was of great quality, but rather pricy compared to eating out. (€55 for 2 compared to approx. €40 for eating out)
It is ideally situated in a side street of the main village road. Hinterglemm itself is a small village and everything is within walking distance, even with ski shoes on. ;)
You have the Reiterkögelbahn within 300 meters walking and the Ubahn lift within about 500 meters from the hotel.
Since the hotel is centrally located, you might think you would hear some of the party outside going on, but none of that. The rooms pointed towards the slopes, so you don't have village noices, besides that, the Apres-ski finishes at 20/21 the latest.
Right next to the hotel is a pharmacy and 50 meters down the street there is a bank for your withdrawls.
The village itself offer various places to eat of which we tried 5 of them (reviews coming soon). Quality and quantity seems to be outstanding everywhere in Hinterglemm.
Service during breakfast was always great. Service during dinner at the restaurant was great too, except the staff had problems explaining the a la carte menu and daymenu etc.
Cleaning of the rooms was very thorough. Reception was good, depending on the staff helping you. Some of the reception staff was in a bad mood.
The massage was incredible, relaxing, good priced (€50 for 45minutes full-body) and really professional.
Indoor pool was quite fresh. Panoramic Sauna is beautiful. Spa and Sauna area are free of use and can be entered with your keycard.
Overall this was a great and relaxing vacation and the hotel certainly can take a big part of the credits for that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The family-run Lifestyle hotel Alpine Juwel****Superior sets itself a side through a unique scenic location directly at a ski slope and comprises a perfect blend of modern & traditional Austrian architecture. The hotel offers 2 restaurants, 3 cosy traditional "Stuben", 2 bars and a wine cellar were guests are able to enjoy a wide variety of Austrian specialities. An "over the edge" panorama pool is one of the highlights located at the 800 sq. Sun bathing rooftop, which now also has a new Apres Ski bar to offer. For relaxation the AJ-Veda Spa offers different services such as Ayurveda massages, natural cosmetics and power sleeping rooms. "Exclusive, individual, different" are the cornerstone concepts of the hotels motto and are reflected throughout every point of its offering. Alpin Juwel promises exclusive living, healthy Austrian cuisine with local products, a cosy atmosphere and a unique sleeping experience within a scenic location overlooking the valley. Book your individualized board concept with breakfast until noon, half board or a la carte and enjoy more special services like wine tasting, 3x live music, a ski-day taking you to a private chalet, Ski VIP service with shuttle, ski pass service, ski school service, parking garage, children programs including child care, direct access to the town centre through our guest elevators and much more. We are looking forward to seeing you, Maria, Alex & the Juwel-Team ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Alpin Juwel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sport & Vitalhotel Ellmau Hotel Saalbach
- Sport And Vitalhotel Ellmau
- Sport Vitalhotel Ellmau Saalbach