Coming from Australia, we don't get too many opportunities to take the family skiing in Europe, so we researched our hotel very carefully because we didn't want to waste a rare visit. We are a family of five, with kids aged 9, 7 and 5, and the grandparents joined us for the week too. At the top of our list of the things we were looking for in our hotel: clean, kid friendly, and close to the snow.
After much research, we came across Elmauhoff. The images of the rooms were what we were looking for and the reviews were very helpful to see that it didn't just cater for kids, but had the traditional Austrian hospitality that adults were looking for too. We certainly weren't disappointed! The kids absolutely loved the hotel and the staff. The rooms, buffet, activities, and general friendliness of the hotel (other guests and staff) meant that they felt welcomed and we could relax. The pool, with its slide, was an unexpected bonus, which we didn't visit until the third night because it wasn't really what we were looking for in the hotel experience, but then spent an hour every afternoon after skiing in the pool while the kids went up and down the slide until any energy left after skiing was comletely spent. Now they consider a slide an essential consideration for any hotel pick in the future!
There were a couple of gliches during the busy week we were there, when the bus transporting the kids to the ski school was too full and we were left waiting for 30 minutes for alternative transport to pick us up...not a great start to the week. But this was soon forgotten as we relaxed into a fantastic family holiday. And I must note as an experienced skiier, I really appreciated the ski guided tour - a fantastic way to explore the whole mountain with a really nice local (and highly experience ex-olympian skiier) as host.
So, while it has now been 3 months since our trip, our kids still talk about the holiday as one of their best ever (and we travel a lot). My 9 year-old son wrote a very nice letter to the hotel last week that prompted me to write a trip adviser review. You guys at Elmauhoff deserve it, and the reviews really helped us make a choice that we will cherish as a holiday memory.
Thank you Famlienresort Elmauhoff-das Feriengut!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Familienresort Ellmauhof ****SYour Spa, Sport and Riding ParadiseHere at the Ellmauhof the whole family can enjoy pleasant and adventurous holidays. The kids have fun at the daily child care from 1 year with lots of funny activities and the parents have time for themselves in order to enjoy beautiful holidays in the idyllic and at the same time exciting mountain scenery of Saalbach Hinterlgemm.Ellmauhof's highlights:- daily child care from 1 year- funny and adventurous mini, kids and teens program in summer & winter- professional riding school for beginners and advanced riders- indoor pool with tunnel slide- spa and vitality world- massages and beauty treatments- Ski course for the little one between 3 & 4 years in the winter directly at the hotel- lots of kids facilities such as: Adventure Gipsyland, Mini farm house, indoor petting zoo, 2 big playing areas, beachvolleyball area, football area, chill lounge with play station, nintendo wii, darts, billard, etc.- Cosy winter garden- wine cellar and a la carte restaurant RosslStube- and much much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Familienresort Ellmauhof-das Feriengut reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Familienresort Ellmauhof-Das Feriengut Hotel Hinterglemm
- Feriengut Hotel Austrian Alps