We travelled to this hotel in February 2013 with children aged (just) 3, 7 and 9 and staying in a Wellness Deluxe suite. I can't fault the hotel - the room was spotless, spacious and generally magnificent, while the hotel itself had thought of pretty much everything in order to make holidaying with small children stress-free. Special mention must go to the delightful Robbie in the creche - my daughter still asks about him 18 months on! The food was fantastic, too - especially the cake selection at afternoon tea.
However... I do have to make a negative comment about the booking policy for the hotel. Once you have stayed, when you check out you are given priority to book the same dates the following year. What this means is that if you are not immediately sure if you can spare the time, or are just a new customer trying to book in a popular period such as spring half term, you are very unlikely to be able to get a room. Having been unable to commit immediately after our February stay, we were told in March they were taking new bookings for the following year at the start of May. But when I tried to book on May 1st, all the rooms had gone to repeat customers. I am all for customer loyalty, but not to the point of the hotel being all but a 'closed shop'.
Again, my review should be five stars (and I feel spiteful removing one), but it is incredibly annoying that I will not be given a fair chance to stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Familienresort Ellmauhof ****SYour Spa, Sport and Riding ParadiseHere at the Ellmauhof the whole family can enjoy pleasant and adventurous holidays. The kids have fun at the daily child care from 1 year with lots of funny activities and the parents have time for themselves in order to enjoy beautiful holidays in the idyllic and at the same time exciting mountain scenery of Saalbach Hinterlgemm.Ellmauhof's highlights:- daily child care from 1 year- funny and adventurous mini, kids and teens program in summer & winter- professional riding school for beginners and advanced riders- indoor pool with tunnel slide- spa and vitality world- massages and beauty treatments- Ski course for the little one between 3 & 4 years in the winter directly at the hotel- lots of kids facilities such as: Adventure Gipsyland, Mini farm house, indoor petting zoo, 2 big playing areas, beachvolleyball area, football area, chill lounge with play station, nintendo wii, darts, billard, etc.- Cosy winter garden- wine cellar and a la carte restaurant RosslStube- and much much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Booking.com, HRS and Agoda so you can book your Familienresort Ellmauhof-das Feriengut reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Familienresort Ellmauhof-Das Feriengut Hotel Hinterglemm
- Feriengut Hotel Austrian Alps