“Recent Ski Trip”
Review of Pension Enzian

and 1 more site!
Pension Enzian
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Had a brill time, hotel as always spotless, our second time back, the only place to stay in Saalbach. Really good value for money, food was excellent, exceptional atmosphere, very friendly place indeed Owners even took the time to burn me a couple of CD’s.
Looking forward to returning in 2013, my only criticism is that we had to book a triple room, as the Austrian beds are a little to cosy for me on a guys ski break. Anyway many thanks to owners Kevin and Sara, see you next year

3  Thank gazzab100

Reviewed 16 March 2012

I'm on the last day of my ski holiday in Saalbach and whilst the snow hasn't been ideal this week, Pension Enzian has.

It's my fiance and I staying here and we have a great size double room with plenty of storage and coat hangers! Our room (room 6) has a balcony looking out towards the Bernkogel gondola whizzing up the mountain and from the other window there is a spectacular view of Saalbach town.

When we first arrived and began unpacking, I soon realised that I had forgotten my hair dryer. Not a problem, I told Kevin and he sorted me out with one. There are plenty of plug sockets around the room too which makes a nice change!

I gave 4 out of 5 for location, but that's just because I can't ski black runs. If you can, then this is a true ski to your door Chalet. Apart from that, this place sits on an elevated site, over looking the town and both sides of the valley. A 10 minute stroll takes you down into the town centre to all the bars etc

Wednesday night is the staff's night off and any of the guys here will be happy to recommend a place and book you a table if you wish. We had friends staying at the Panther Hotel so we all went to the Mexican, Pipamex for dinner. It was good, a nice restaurant inside. I don't like salt and I found the food ever so slightly salty. Not everyone noticed.

What else can I say... we've been given such a warm welcome by Kevin, Sarah and everyone else at Pension Enzian. I would mention their gorgeous dog Ellie, but I'm hoping to smuggle her home so she might not be here when you get here!

If you're considering booking here, just do it.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank SherriBerri
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Excellent hotel, very friendly and helpfull staff and owners. Great food every evening. The hotel was spotless and rooms and hotel were cleaned everyday. The 2 guided ski days by Kevin are well worth doing.
The hotel is located at the bottom of the piste so you can ski into here in the evening and it's only a few minutes walk from the centre of Sallbach and the gondolla to the top of the mountain..
Although the bedroom was very nice and very clean (with access to a balcony), it was a little on the small side for 4 friends sharing.
Overall we were extremely happy with the hotel and Sallbach in general. Will definitely go back to Sallbach and the Pension Enzian again.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Excellent service from friendly staff. The skiing accompanied by Kevin was a highlight.
The food was good and plentiful. The rooms were comfortable with good beds and adequate bathing facilities.
Our group felt it was good value for money and all were happy!
The skiing was excellent and the resort is lovely.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This is a really friendly Pension that creates a homely atmosphere with great staff and owners. The property has an intimate feel that has all the fun of a catered challet whilst the privacy and facilities of a small hotel. The food was excellent and the team made everyone feel welcome to the extent all the guests became friends during the week. Don't eat too much for lunch the meals are very generous and great quality with local produce, way above expevctations.
In the winter it is ski in ski out, but beware it is on a black run to ski back. Kevin the owner took for a great days guided skiing on the Monday which showed us the area and gave us some interesting information about Saalbach Hinterglemm.
Good Boot room with warming boot pipes and plenty of space for ski's. excellent Sauna available when you ask for it to be switched on. The more basic requirements - it is very clean, warm and quiet, only a short walk from the centre of the village and becasue it is slightly outside is much quieter at night. You can have a pre or post dinner drink at your table in the restaurant which is a great place to play cards or games. Always someone there to chat to.
You will have a great stay here and I am sure you will not be disappointed with the place or the food. If you want somewhere posh and snooty it is not for you, this is homely and very friendly with everything you could need. Great for Families as long as you do not mind getting them and sli's back after a days skiing, but you can also get a store in the village which makes it very easy.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the village do not get the sun but have great balconies with good views over t...
Reviewed 24 February 2012

From the moment we arrived Kevin was very welcoming and directed us to the school school, hire centre, lift pass and cash point!
The Chalet only has 16 rooms which means everyone gets to know each other and all the staff know who you are and your room number by the end of the first day.
We were one of only 6 people out of the 36 staying who had not stayed here before, and the reason why they all returned was the service and cleanliness.
I stayed with my daughter in room 11 which was a nice room, with a double and a pull out bed plenty of space and warm, with a shower.
The great thing about this place is that it is vey relaxed, arrive back after 4pm have a drink in the bar, chat with the staff, exchange stories of your day's sking with the other guests. Kevin is also great for which areas to explore, where to stop and is happy to book places for you.
It is also 5 minutes from the town, we left our ski and boots at intersport so we didn't have to carry them back, or leave them at sport 2000, as it does a hill back to it.
The food is served at 7ish and was good hearty stuff all week. You can build a tab and pay cash at the end of the week for your drinks which is also really good.
On Wednesday the restaurant is closed but again Kevin was great for suggestions and we went up the mountain on the piste basher, had dinner and sledges back.
Overall we had a great time and even with Kevin and Sarah not being around for a lot of the time whilst Sarah gave birth to a boy the rest of the staff were all great and the standards never dropped.
The hotel also has free wifi which meant my daughter could keep her Facebook updated with the lastest news.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Stayed at Enzian with my wife and two friends. For a 3 star hotel, this represents good value. However the service and the staff are 5 star.

• Stayed: February 2012