We got 2 rooms connected together via door - so more room then we needed for 3 of us (mom, dad, daughter 2y4m), but some of the things were not up to date.
Rooms were clean and they were cleaned daily, we had 2 full size beds, 2 toilets, 2 tv's, 2 resting areas and the bigger room with a kitchenette and both of them had wall-to-wall carpets - But
1. The wall mounted showerheads where different - One was Good the otherone was bad.
2. Only wall mounted bedside light in the room - no domelights at all.
3. Internet was WLAN accessible - but you had to pay for it (3€/h ... 18€/week)
4. 1 of the closet door in the kitchenette broke down during our stay - it was repaired, but will brake again.
5. The bed mattresses were a bit hard - Could've been better
6. Hotel-"taxi" to Alpendorf was not free - 2€/direction/person (5 persons for a week - over 100 €)
7. Hotel parking was neither free - 35 €/week - though 250 m away from the hotel you got to park free on lighted road, risk-free.
8. Breakfast was not included to room rate - 15€/person/day.
9. No pisspot for our young one - in the entire hotel!
Back home in Finland at least parking, WLAN and breakfast is normally included to the roomprice and you can easily borrow a pisspot, so this was a bit of a surprice to pay for "everything". Naturally we cooked our own breakfasts on our kichenette, parked the car to the free zone and paid only for WLAN, since so much IS but to the net (e.g this tripadvisor!)
But really helpful and kind staff - so we*ll do a return later on..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the unique combination of international flair and traditional Austrian hospitality of Salzburger Land. The 4-star Alpenland Hotel offers an in town, central location with top-equipped rooms, luxury suites, 2 specialty restaurants, modern conference rooms, and an indoor/outdoor wellness area that guarantee a relaxing vacation. The wellness area offers an 18-meter pool, 2 hot tubs, sauna, steam bath, solarium and a garden. The fitness trainer will guide you through your training, or you can take advantage of one of the aerobic courses where you can build stamina, strength and coordination. Other highlights include two onsite outdoor tennis courts as well as nearby golf courses, bike paths and hiking trails. Sports of all types - from easy to challenging. Alpenland Sporthotel is your ideal starting point for one of the best and most attractive ski areas in Austria. Whether it's a matter of sporting activities in snow or ice, reflective hikes or idyllic sleigh rides, the Alpenland Hotel fulfills all your desires. Inhouse ski rental and shuttle bus transfer available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Alpenland Sporthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenland Sporthotel Hotel Sankt Johann Im Pongau