“I do not understand you people!”
Review of Zell Am See

Ranked #4 of 29 things to do in Zell am See
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“I do not understand you people!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

In a small alley, off the main street, in the small town.. enjoying a simple meals with the kids
We hear shop keeper shouting with the phrase above.. , to discover he was
alerting two youngsters with cigarets and small bottle of
liquor to keep a way.., He then get shouted upon with the worst arabic curses
that I felt disgraced and ashamed around my kids.
Now I am an arab, and even a Bedwin.., and this does not represent me or my heritage
I can not escape the fact Zell Am See is the last victim of corrupt wealthy gulf families flocks
after destroying our reputation with similar verbal or actual acts in Paris, London, and many European capitals reminiscence of
Qaddafi offspring … Shame on you .. Shame on you..
If Austrians and other summer tourists showed extreme tolerance to the way you dress, talk, and drive.. , They can not understand.. … because they do not you are the bottom of morality with pocket full of corrupt money! and you do not represent us..

One tip , that worked well for me , Enjoy Zell am see , before noon, it is still beautiful..

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Zell am See for an active holiday”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Zell am See has everything that is needed for an active holiday.There are lots of hiking tracks in Schmitten,so you need more than 3 days to see everything that this town has to offer.The town is full with restaurants and shops for every taste...

Dubai
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Great !! ”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Its a great place to visit you can find everything there .. For my point of view its even cheaper I got my FujiFilm instax mini 8 in a cheap offer which was 75 euro .. Also there are many shops and local markets that people sell their own organic or homemade recipes .. Also there is the lake that you could go and have a walk there .. But it has a lot of Arabs there cause its the centre if attraction ..

Galway, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Beautiful but unfortunately losing its Austrian authenticity”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I visited Zell Am See in August 2014. It is a fabulous places with beautiful hiking and cycling paths and fabulous Alpine scenery. The town itself is a busy place and has a nice warm and welcoming atmosphere most of the time. While there we spent 2 nights eating on the terrace of the fabulous Crazy Daisy restaurant. Unfortunately the pleasant meal we were having was completely destroyed by the noise created by the numerous high powered mustangs which continued to drive up and down the street in front of us. They continued to circle the town while revving their engines to the max blaring out Arabic music. Zell Am See has a very high population of Arab tourists most of whom are extremely pleasant so unfortunately this was a minority. Its a pity that minority couldn't have had a bit of respect for the local community because as an experienced traveller visiting the middle east on numerous occasions I know how important it is to accept the local culture while not offend the locals who live there... It was also apparent the cars were frightening many people who were trying to walk up and down the street. Maybe a few more pedestrian zones in Zell?!

1 Thank Erin D
London
113 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 167 helpful votes
“If you want to experience classic Austria go elsewhere!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We spent a week here. When I booked the trip I was expecting to stay a typical quiet Austrian village with a lovely lake (this is my 8th visit to Austria). After unpacking and leaving the hotel it quickly became apparent that Zell is about as far from this as you can get. The lake is really beautiful and the village has some good shops and cafes however the whole resort has lost it's Austrian feel due to the overwhelming numbers of non-European visitors and the number of restaurants etc that have opened exclusively to meet their needs. One real problem in the village is that there are numerous cars that are driven around revving their engines both day and night which is noisy, dangerous and irritating and there is also lots of shouting. Sadly I got the impression that although Zell has the potential to be a lovely resort it does not live up to expectations. In future I will visit other parts of this beautiful country.

1 Thank Little Jenny