We stayed over the Easter weekend, family of four with two teenage daughters. The hotel is well designed and has a very contemporary feel. It's probably 10 minutes walk to the ski lift for Schmittenhoe, but we took the car, 10 mins in ski boots seems like an hour! There's masses of parking by the lift. We really enjoyed the skiing there and felt there was something for everyone. The hotel rooms are a good size and we liked the beds in the centre of the room making the best of the views of the mountains. Its probably not in the most popular part of Zell as its not directly on the lake, but this is more than made up for by the excellent spa facilities, charming bar and restaurant and friendly and helpful staff. The restaurant serves the best food we've ever eaten in a ski resort, and we like really good restaurants! Its not your classic mountain fayre, more fine dining. Zell itself is a very pretty little town, with stunning views. We couldn't find anything we didn't like about it, and the staff made you feel very special and that nothing was too much trouble. We'll certainly be back! Also best breakfast ever!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Design in combination with mental balance, spa and gourmet cuisine bring body, mind and soul in line”, that’s the success of the MAVIDA Balance Hotel & Spa. Numerous awards, like “Hotel of the year 2011 in Austria”, HolidayCheck TopHotel 2011 or the Golden Service Crown, category wellness hotel, underline the concept.MAVIDA Facts:43 design rooms and 4 design suites, awarded gourmet restaurant with show kitchen and walk-in wine cubus, cosy bar with open chimney, incentive room INVIDA (ca 50 sq), 1.400 sq Balance Centre & Spa with Private Spa Suite, Blue Box, Floating Pool, outdoor sport pool with terrace (summer), indoor pool, bio-, herb- and Finnish sauna, Kneipp pool, tepidarium, fitness centre and relax rooms, beach property at the Zeller lake (summer), shuttle service to the ski area Schmittenhöhe (Areitbahn in Schüttdorf)The gourmet full board of the Best Wellness Hotel Austria will persuade you:late-riser breakfast buffet, snacks, fresh fruits, fingerfood and cakes in the afternoon. In the evening the cuisine team spoils you with exquisite dishes, the courses can be combined from the à la carte menu.Position:• 5 minutes walk to the ski and hiking area Schmittenhöhe• 5 minutes by car to the 2 x 18 holes Leading Golf Club Zell am See/Kaprun• 10 minutes walk to the Zeller lake• 10 minutes by car to the hotel’s property at the Zeller lake• 20 minutes by car to the glacier skiing area Kitzsteinhorn (October-May)• 5 minutes by car to the centre and train station Zell am See ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your MAVIDA Wellnesshotel & Sport Zell am See reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mavida Balance Hotel Zell Am See
- Mavida Balance Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Mavida Balance