First off and having read some of the reviews: to clarify about 'Romantikhotels'. In the bar we found a comprehensive history of the hotel and (with my school-German) I learned that the word Romantik tends to mislead English speakers. It is more (I think) about the heritage and atmosphere of the place, and certainly does not mean it is especially suitable for couples. That said, as a couple we DID enjoy our stay. It is very family-friendly and, if we had not been out ski-ing all day, we could have become tired of children running noisily in the corridors. But they were not doing it at night, so no problemn for us.
My 4/5 rating is definitely a 4+. The owners staff and make every effort to ensure guests are happy. We arrived about 9pm and found a big plate of cold meats, cheese etc in our room - very welcome after tiny food on the plane. Every evening there was something special: live music in the dining rooms, fondue evenings, free drink with owner, or special food like starters buffet (fabulous) or puddings buffet. Breakfasts were great too, lots of choice and every morning a mini-newsletter in English with what's-on, attractions in the area, history of Alpbach etc. (Perhaps some room for improvement with this - and translation of the 24/hr clock, e.g. 03pm just confused more than 15.00 would have!) but a nice touch & marks for effort.
So why not 5/5? The beds were a bit hard for our liking. There was no kettle, so no early morning tea - my husband was disappointed, having brought teabags from home! There is a no-textiles rule in the saunas/steam room, so my new tummy-flattering cozzie was only of use in the pool. Mixed naked saunas: a challenge for Brits I think. But the facilties are there and we did use them. Staff were smiling, friendly and efficient but busy bustling about - not the sort of place where they can stop and chat. On our final night we were woken up by loud noise close by, so the walls must be quite thin but the rest of the week it was fine. If we had been in more in the afternoons the children thundering about would have grated.
Tip re. dining rooms: a table is allocated for the week, but if you don't like where you are sitting on the first day, ask to be moved. We met someone who did this on the last day, a lone traveller who had been all week in with huge noisy groups. But if you ask they will sort it.
Overall it was ideal for us, our first ski trip in 20 yrs for me, 30 for him. We had the spa and pool for those first few days when we only wanted a short day ski-ing. The nursery slope (for our first day) is right by the hotel. It was very convenient for the ski bus. Plenty of intermediate runs for 1 week. Ate too much. Lovely Austrian red wine at dinner. And Alpbach has some nice bars! So very positive, we had a great time in a beautiful hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boeglerhof is more than a place to relax: it combines tradition with modern comfort. Enjoy lovely evenings in our typical restaurants and let our chef pamper you with exquisite menus. A beautiful pool area, romantic gardens, sports program as well as a gym, tennis....is awaiting you. We are looking forward to welcome you! Fam. Duftner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, seekda GmbH, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Romantikhotel Boglerhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Romantikhotel Boeglerhof Hotel Alpbach
- Romantikhotel Boglerhof Alpbach
- Romantikhotel Boglerhof Hotel Alpbach