“Fantastic stay”
Review of Hotel Der Baer

Hotel Der Baer
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Ellmau
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed here for the Kitzbuhel world cup downhill weekend and the stay was as perfectas we can imagine. Extremely friendly and helpful from owners to staff. The food was unbelievable really and the spa and environment were exactly what we were looking for.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I travel a lot for my work, and therefore come in quite nice hotels around the world, and I have to say that Der Baer I would consider a small hotel. Which is very good for the atmospher in the lounge and the dining area. And the attention the people have for you.
We loved our stay in the hotel, and the location of the hotel is ideal. walking out of the hotel straight onto the piste.
The food in the evenings is very nice, and of very high quality. After a full day of skiing it more then satisfies you.
If I have one remark is that the spa area is somewhat small, especially when the hotel is fully booked.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2014

After several visits to Hotel Baer I returned this year for the first time in winter, I wasn't disappointed. I was holidaying with friends and we had adjoining suites in the new wing, we had a private sauna between us, very spacious and comfortable suites with wifi and beautiful views. The restaurant was as exceptional as ever. It was so nice to see all the familiar faces of the Baer team. The reception staff were very helpful in advising me where to go for ski hire, all I had to do was get fitted and pay, the ski gear was delivered to the hotel ski room and collected when I had finished with it. I was advised on the best value lift pass and it was issued by the hotel. (No messing at the lift station) Skiing was right from the hotel door. At the end of the ski day the reception staff ran my ski pass through the computer and gave me a print out of my ski activity that day. I loved it. Congratulations to the Hotel owners on maintaining high standards year on year. I hope to return.

Room Tip: Spa suites were 107 & 106
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Anif2582
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This was our 1st visit to this hotel. Although the friends we went with had been before, they enjoyed it even more this time. The new refurbishment is of a high standard, we had a junior suite which was very spacious. The food was exceptional with plenty of choice. With very friendly and helpful staff it made this a very nice and relaxing holiday. The Wilder Kaiser area has much to offer. Already booked for our next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This was our 6th visit to this hotel. It may be hard to believe but it just gets better every visit. The new refurbishment is the icing on the cake. The food has always been exceptional and a big thank you to Josef and his team. The family are hands on with a great support from the very friendly staff. All in all a truly lovely place to visit. We have tried many hotels and will continue to do so but cannot imagine anything better than staying at the friendly Der Baer.The area itself is beautiful and has so much to offer for all ages. Already planning our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Judith P
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The Der Bar is an excellent hotel. It is very well run, very friendly with spacious rooms. The food served at the hotel is of a very high standard and very plentiful. The scenery all around is breathtaking and there is a lot to do in the Wilder Kaiser area. I would recommend this hotel for both couples and families. If you push the boat out a bit and go for one of the Fire Place suites, you will enjoy one of the most spacious and well appointed hotel rooms that can be found anywhere. One small practical point, the hotel is about 200 meters up a hill from the centre of the village of Ellmau, while this is no problem for the able bodied it might be tricky for the elderly or infirm visitor.

Room Tip: Fire place suites are very spacious and well appointed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Martin S
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have been visiting this hotel on and off for over ten years. We were last there is January this year when it was excellent! After such a nice break we decided to try Ellmau in the summer, I would highly recommend! A lovely relaxing break with lots to do in the area and a surprising amount for children. My daughter is 8 and absolutely loves this hotel and destination. All the food is excellent, my daughter loves to try the many courses and has become a much better eater after her positive experiences at the Der Bear - thank you! The hotel facilities are fantastic with a beautiful spa area, lovely gardens and pool. The bar and restaurant are lovely and you are always made to feel welcome and relaxed. Rooms are brilliant too!

Can't wait to go back and will choose a summer break over winter when everything is quieter. Can't recommend highly enough!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank langshott02
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellmau
Sporthotel Ellmau
Hotel Alpin
Hotel Alpin
#1 of 6 in Scheffau am Wilden Kaiser
Cordial Familien & Sporthotel Going

Been to Hotel Der Baer? Share your experiences!