This hotel is run by Elizabeth and Helga, Daughter and mother. They are the most helpful and welcoming team. Nothing is too much trouble and we felt very welcome here. We travelled as a party of 7, 3 couples and 1 single. All of our rooms were a good size with double (two single pushed together) beds, shower , loo and telephone. The bed linen was crisp and white. Only the single room did not have a phone, although it did have a double bed.
Everywhere in the hotel is spotless. The standard is extremely high.
The restaurant was lovely, we had a reserved table for our stay and we were half board. The breakfast was buffet style cereal, fruit, youghurt, juice, tea and coffee, rolls, ham and cheese and also we were offered cooked eggs, either fried or scrambled. There was plenty to keep us full. In the afternoon (3-5pm) home made cake is served in the bar/ cafe area. We tried chocolate, apple cake and nut cake and all were fabulous. We had to choose at breakfast what we wanted in the evening for dinner. All the choices were good and plentiful. We had goulash, spaghetti bolgnaise, a roasted meat platter and pork in a cream sauce. All were excellent. In addition to the main course there is always soup, salad , dessert and cheese. we certainly were not left wanting for anything.
4 of our party did the skiing and the rest of us relaxed and visited the local area. There is a courtesy bus which picks the skiiers up right outside the hotel and takes them to 3 different ski areas.
The tram stop is less than 5 minute walk. We went into Innsbruck one day, about 30 mins and cost about 2.40 Euros. We also went to Fulpmes, a village in the opposite direction.
The village of Mutters itself was only 15 mins by cab from Innsbruck airport and cost 20 Euros for 2 of us. On the way home we got a cab for the 7 of us and it cost 35 euros. 5 euros per person for a transfer can't be bad!
There is little to do in the village so if you are looking for nightlife or a choice of restaurants/bars then this may not be the right choice for you but we wanted skiing, relaxation, good food and a peaceful stay. This place has all of that in shed loads. it was perfect for us and we are already planning next years ski trip.
The hotel has a heated boot room for the skiiers to store their stuff, a sittingroom to relax in and read or play cards etc, a sauna and a small pool.
The only thing I missed was tea/coffee making facilities in the room...I do love tea. But...Helga will make you a pot and bring it to your room.
Altogether a good value, family feel hotel. We loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel with a great ambience amidst a sunny and peaceful setting. Our village MUTTERS was two times awarded most beautiful village of the Tyrol. Your hosts, the Schieferle family, and their team will personally take every care to make your stay as delightful as possible. We are looking forward to welcoming you into our house - be assured of a warm welcome and that home-away-from-home feeling so essential to relaxing and enjoyable holiday! There's a new cablecar to the Mutterer Alm with lots of hiking trails and ski runs. Mutters near Innsbruck is famous for its mountains, which is an excellent playgrounds for both summer walkers and winter skiers. Tram goes to Innsbruck every 30min. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sporthotel Schieferle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sporthotel Schieferle Mutters
- Sporthotel Schieferle Hotel Mutters