Alpen-Wellness Resort Hochfirst
  • Restaurant
Hotel Madeleine(Obergurgl)
Hotel Riml(Hochgurgl)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsski schoolwellness areagreat menuschildren presentrooms are beautifulmeeting pointgreat poolpeak timethe indoor outdoor poolgreat ski in ski out locationcourse menusmall issuebrilliant stayexceptional hotelbutton liftfive star hoteldays skiing
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This was our first family ski trip, we have daughters aged 7 & 10. I used Tripadvisor to select Hotel Hochfirst and was so glad that I had taken the time to read all the reviews. My only question is why it is ranked 24th out of 33 hotels. It should be Number zone!

From the moment we arrived and Marco greeted us with soft toys for the girls we felt looked after but that was only the beginning. Every single member of staff we met was friendly and jolly and went out of their way to make sure our stay was relaxing and fun. Lovely, happy staff!

Next the food....l really don't know how to begin to tell you how good the food is. The quality and selection was like nothing I have ever experienced in a half board hotel. The a la carte food was exquisite and the buffet style food really interesting and always fresh and well replenished. The wine list is of a really high quality and well priced too.

We had one of the new rooms and we all shared, it was attractive, well equipped, spacious and very very comfortable indeed.

The location is just perfect, right next to ski Schule and the button lifts, a true ski in, ski out experience. The sun terrace was perfect for après ski hot chocolate and the cake of the day!

We loved the daily newsletter and the board games and swimming pool which kept us entertained late afternoon and evenings too.

If I had any suggestions for improvement they would be small, firstly the hotel is very warm but I understand this is a common issue in ski hotels. Secondly, I only went to the spa once and wasn't terribly impressed by the value for money, they use two brands that are a little old fashioned for my liking, as Im not a skier I had assumed I would be in the spa daily but that wasn't to be!

Apart from those two small things are stay was perfect and we have re-booked for 2015 already. Whilst staying there the hotel received news that it is to be upgraded to 5 stars, I'm not in the least bit surprised. Thank you Hotel Hochfirst, we loved our stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is simlpy th ebest hotel I have very stayed in! I recieved a free room up-grade on arrival, which got me off to a good start; but that aside, I cant fault any element of the hotel or service.
The staff were friendly, profrssional and very helpful, the food was excellent and I look forward totheir local draft beer after each days skiing. The resurant and bar area have been newly refurbed and are very stylist and comformable, with a giant open fire blazing every evening.
The hotel is locate next to the slopes and ski school. Itstwo minutes walk from the boot room to the snow.
Great pool & wellness area.
Free Wi-Fi.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Second year to this lovely hotel. As flagged last year they have extended the lounge and restaurant area, all very stylish.
I was hoping for an additional smoke free area but no, it seems a positive selling point that you can smoke with impunity. There is really nowhere else to sit in the evenings and so you have to mix it in with the generally non UK smokers, several of whom smoke large cigars. Pity the poor children who spend the evenings in the lounge with their parents.

Service standards are still first class with the following staff deserving praise. Kirsten highly professional as last year and for meeting our table request, Nikol in the restaurant, Jaro, Andreas and Balazs.
Herr Fender was ever present taking great care and pride in the hotel and his mother was so kind in taking and printing our picture one day.
Now with free wi-fi. Food first class. Just give us some smoke free or proper smoke extracted areas and it would be perfect. Seven days of sun and blue skies as well capped a pretty much perfect holiday.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank araf
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Hi
The hotel was generally very good , friendly with good service. It is also very close to the ski school. This makes it particularly suitable for children.
The Bergwelt and Crystal hotels are up a steep slope from the ski school.

We had lunch each day in the in-house restaurant adjacent to the ski school with my son and his young family
One day he ordered some bread to have with his soup to be charged 1 euro for a single pat of butter!
I was charged 4 euros each night for tap water at the table in the restaurant!

Room Tip: I you are with crystal ski holidays you will be allocated an unrefurbished room that might smell of tobacco.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robbiebrowne
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed here during the last week in January with a friend and both our sons. The hotel exceeded expectations. The rooms were lovely, with beautiful facilities, not to mention a good size HD television. The food in the restaurant was exceptional. It was beautifully served and imaginative and whilst the individual portions were fairly small there were always six courses which invariably meant we could only just stagger to the bar for post dinner drinks. we used the spa every evening and enjoyed swimming in the outside pool and soaking in the jacuzzis. We found all the staff to be friendly and efficient and always happy to help with any queries. The hotel is certainly "ski in" and can be ski out for intermediates and above if you take the small button lift behind the hotel and then ski down a few hundred yards to the gondola. The only complaint we had was that the hotel was always a bit too warm, which seems quite common in alpine hotels.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends