“Good value!”

Nassereinerhof
Greater Perth, Australia
“Good value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for 5 nights and had a lovely time. The hotel is clean, room size was good, better than what we expected for a 3 star accommodation!

The location was a little bit out of town which we would had preferred anyway so it got quiet at night time. I can imagine st anton is pretty noisy at night with the people partying till morning if we stay right in the middle of town.

Hotel was also very close to one of the ski gondola, so it was convenient.

The only thing was that we were not informed whether the afternoon tea cake was actually included in the room rate. Not much information given from reception and we didn't bother to ask.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Widgeebee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed here for 8 nights and had a great time. It's nice and close to the main lift, and has been recently refurbished to a great standard; we were not expecting it to be as lovely as it was and it was a great surprise!

Honestly, we could hardly fault it. Great staff, great food, great hotel and we will go back and stay there for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Westminster, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week with a large group. The service was helpful and polite. The rooms are nice and updated. Make sure you get a room with a east facing balcony. The food was good but they make you pay for tap water at dinner?
There is a bar in the building which us good. The sauna and steam room are great for après. The ski room is also nice as well. The hotel is a short walk from downtown and a one minute walk from the gondola.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Clint M
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

I came with a ski group for the week and stayed in this hotel for 7 nights and overall had a great experience and would recommend the hotel to others.

First off, we were kindly welcomed by the hotel manager, Christian, and he provided us with helpful tips about St. Anton and answered any questions that we had. Christian went over and beyond to assist our group during our stay. He also is a certified paraglider so I was able to meet him at the top of Kapall and paraglide down to the base of the mountain with him--it was one of my favorite experiences from the trip.

The breakfast was great each morning but the dinner wasn’t my favorite. If I wasn’t on such a tight budget, I would have much rather enjoyed eating at local restaurants. But I didn’t come to Austria for the food so I didn’t let it get to me very much and some of the nights the food was great (such as the Italian buffet night). We had the same waitress each day and I had one issue with her: I asked for tap water and she refused to bring it and made me pay for bottled water. Later that week, I talked to some local Austrians and they said there is actually a law in Austria that if you are ordering food at an establishment and ask for tap or "pipe" water then they have to provide it to you and not charge for water. After learning this fact, I asked for tap water again and she continued to refused so I decided to bring a water bottle to the dining room each night which angered her and then she refused to acknowledge me or ever even ask if I wanted another type of drink.

The rooms are small but I had expected this. We didn’t spend that much time in the rooms anyways. But the rooms were clean and showers were hot.

The downstairs bar was so much fun and the bartenders were great company and provided us with great ski tips on where to ski each day. Also, they have a band playing for après ski and it is a great time with a bunch of people dancing each night.

I had a great time and someday hope to return. Thank you!

Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

This is a family run hotel. Same staff hardworking every day. Great location for skiers as it is at the quieter end of town and the nasserein gondola doesn't have the queues that the main town gondolas get in the peak times. The food is traditional Austrian fare. Don't you come to foreign lands for a taste of another place? Don't complain if you don't get the best out of the staff if you don't try to speak German. How often do English hotels speak to their guests in their language?

We had a great time. Thanks to all staff.

• Stayed March 2013
Danbury, Ct.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

We recently spent a week at the Nassereinerhof. The rooms and baths are modest in size, but clean and comfortable. Most have small balconies with views of distant mountain ridges. Rooms vary in size, configuration, and amenities. Some have HD TV’s and some do not. Some have a full tub and some only a shower. If those things matter to you, check the availability of those rooms when you make your reservations.

The quality of the meals varied. On some nights there are buffets. The Austrian buffet and a some others were quite good. On other nights the entrees varied. The schnitzel was very good. The chicken Cordon Bleu rather tough and dry. The breakfast was adequate: Individually brewed coffee, scrambled eggs, sometimes omelets, a variety of cereals, cheeses, breads, and other items. Guests were offered free afternoon snacks or pastries in the lounge.

The ski room was well organized with boot drying racks for all boots, lockable ski racks, and easy access to the outside. There also is a small spa with a sauna and steam room. A separate bar on the lower level was lively après ski but quiet in the evening. Our room was very quiet except for the early morning sound of the plows clearing the parking lots below the hotel. There is free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. It usually was strong enough in the room and always strong in the lobby and lounges.

One of St Anton’s main gondolas is just two short blocks downhill from the hotel. From this lift you can ski down to other lifts that cover the entire St. Anton complex. If you ski back toward the hotel, you can ski to just across the street from it. At the base of the gondola, there is a small village with several sport shops, rentals shops, bars, and restaurants. The main center of St. Anton is about a half mile away – an easy 10 or 15 minute walk. There also is frequent free bus service to and from the main bus terminal in St. Anton with access to other gondolas and lifts, the village center, the buses to Zurs and Lech, and the train station. One bus stops across the street from the Nassereinerhof. A couple of other lines stop in the parking area below the hotel. On most days we started by walking to the Nasserein Gondola and ended the day in St. Anton or St. Christoph, then took the free bus back to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank gordon475
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

I came with a group and this is the hotel we had as part of the package. The room was larger than I expected and the beds comfortable and they have down comforters, which is nice. There is free WIFI but it is a weak signal and difficult at times to transmit. You can cable into the network but then they charge. The location is OK-you are at the end of the village-a short walk to one of the gondolas and not too far from the village shopping (what little of that there is!). We had food as part of the package-it was OK. My gripe is that they won't provide you tap water at dinner-they charge for bottle water-that really annoyed me. At breakfast water is free-but they obviously want to make sure you drink and spend money at dinner-it is just cheap and not necessary at all. The food was average at best-not particularly healthy-lots of salt and fat. The staff is generally friendly-there is a pub downstairs that plays music in the afternoon. The worse part of the hotel is the unruly kids-running and screaming down the halls all the time. When some of us spoke to management they would not do anything about it-it was miserable. I would not stay here again-I would stay more in the village and a hotel with more options-but it is OK so if you are going here with part of a tour package-you will be OK!

Room Tip: I would advise you ask not to be near a family room or by the stairs-the screaming children seem to...