“Einfach nur Perfekt”

Hotel Gletscherblick
The Netherlands
“Einfach nur Perfekt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We have stayed in this beautiful hotel from July 28 - August 8. It is a perfect hotel to stay with excellent food and very kind management and staff. Thank you so much for the wonderful time.

Kann man einfach nur empfehlen!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Westport, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Catching up on my tripadvisor reviews, I realized I had not written one for one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. As with one of the previous reviewers (June 2nd from KL grom NYC), who btw I 100% agree with, we have stayed in all over the world in the best and most upscale hotels and villa's. It is pure joy to see how much the owners of this family run hotel love their business. How much they care abour creating lasting memories for their guests. We have stayed here now two times, last was February this year. The year before I suddenly had to travel back and forth on one day to Stockholm for business. The flight left around 7am from Zurich airport. Sandra had ordered a taxi for 3 am. The evening before she came to my room with boarding pass and a plastic bag with 2 bottles of water, an orange and an apple, sandwiches and chocolates. It reminded me of my own mother and how she always took care of e as a little boy. After arriving back at Zurich airport, in the taxi on my way back to the hotel, my wife called me. She said Sandra wants to speak to me. Sandra was aware I would be arriving back at the hotel, afer a lomg business day, at about 22:30. She said the kitchen is closed, but my husband is going to make something for you. "What would you like?" , while summing up some of the options. I vant remember I ever received this level of "personalized service"! I wont bore the readers with all the other things, most of which already well described by all previous reviewers. Ranging from special dishes for our convinced Vegan daughter to Sandra's very nice parents, who are so proud of their family business and hotel. Or Christian's, Sandra's husband, heart warming weekly welcome speech to all the guests. This hotel stamfs out amongst the best inthe world! Sandra, if you read this, warm regards from Guido, Anja, Kristhy and Scott B.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, but they have some very nice bigger rooms, suites which are worth considering.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank flyingdutchman14
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here on a solo ski trip during early March. The weather was in the 50's & the ski conditions were slushy & horrible. But Sandra (the wife/owner) & staff of Gletscherblick more than made up for it with their hospitality, service and 5star cuisine. I have travelled all over the world in every continent and stayed in accommodations ranging from huts to 5+ stars hotels and I have to say Sandra & her staff ranks up there up with the big leagues even though she runs a B&B inn. Sandra was able to pick me up from the Rail station even though the free shuttle could've dropped me off in front of their property. Taxis are also available if you have alot of luggages as the free bus shuttles are generally packed with skiers with all their skis onboard. The hotel's location was great. The shuttle bus stop is only 2 buildings over (50ft) from the hotel. The bus ride was only a 5min ride to the first lift (Nasserein) and a 15min ride to the main gondola (Galzig)
I booked a single room /w half board meal plan. The meal plan included breakfest from 7-9am & dinner from 7-9pm. Afternoon snacks was provided daily from 3 or 4PM till 6. The breakfest was self service with a variety of cold & hot items (i.e. smoked salmon, cheeses/cured meats, poached eggs, sausages & bacon). I was stuffed every morning. The dinner cooked by Sandra's kitchen staff is absolutely 5 stars. Everyday the menu changes with you picking which appertizer/entree/dessert you wanted on the menu. Honestly if I could, I would've asked for everything on the menu. The only downside with dinner service was that it was a set time for meal service and not really like a self-operating restaurant within the hotel. So if you came near closing time you may only get the entree/dessert portions available. I have a nut allergy and the kitchen staff was able to make adjustments to everything on the menu for me. Another nice personal touch.
The hotel has a small gym and small indoor playroom for young toddlers. They also have a hot steam room (with aroma therapy nice touch) and a dry sauna. The only drawback was that once dinner commenced this spa area was closed for the night.
My room was immaculately clean & comfortable. The bathroom was very sleek & modern with heated towel racks.
Sandra and her staff were very gracious hosts greeting me everyday by name. A nice personal touch was Sandra speaking with each & every table at length during dinner. There appears to be alot of repeat clients here. They were also very helpful with all my inquiries especially the bartender (Anthony?) with local info on the best ski trails & conditions within the 5+ ski resorts in the area. They also provided a ski-room to store your skis & boots overnite. Or if you want, they also gave out ski-storage vouchers for use at the Arlberg Ski store with locations at the Nasserein & Galzig lifts. Sandra also gave a hot-wax voucher for use at the above same stores.
On the day of my departure I had a 6:10am train going to Zurich Airport to catch, so Sandra arranged a taxi for me as the earliest employee wouldn't arrive till 6:30am for work to drive me to the station. On the day I was leaving, my taxi still hadn't shown up at 5:45am which was very unusual as everything here ran like swiss clockwork. I called Sandra via the hotel line & she personally drove (more like fly) me to the train station where I made my train with 5minutes to spare. It would have been disastrous as the next train would've made me miss the only flight, with the next available flight being the next day. Thank you Sandra! I can't wait to bring my wife and kids to experience the same joy & satisfaction I had during my week stay here at the Gletscherbick.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank K L
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

A really comfortable family friendly hotel. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in St Anton. It is really convenient for the shops and for the lifts. The food served is really good and the service friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

You know a hotel has provided a special experience for you when your contemplating going back to an area not necesarily because of the region; but rather the incredible hospitality, food, and service experienced at the hotel. This is exactly our sentiments about this fine establishment. Sure we loved skiing at St Anton, but now when we think about the Arlberg region the first memory that comes to mind is Hotel Gletscherblick and its staff then comes the magnificent skiing and scenery. This is a family establishment that truly cares about the experience of its guests. Sandra and her husband along with her parents are involved in running the hotel. Sandra speaks impeccable english and continuously went out of her way to be helpful to our group of 13. The staff was excellent, the rooms were of excellent quality, the archtitecture was excellent, and the food was excellent as well. We had an absolutely fabulous time at Hotel Gletscherblick. If you are torn between a couple of options head thier way you will not be disappointed....in fact we bet it will be one of your finest hotel experiences. We have traveled the world in some of the finest establishments. Sandra and Hotel Glescherblick....you have officially been ranked #1 on our list!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Voyager125
Queensland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

We returned to Gletscherblick this year after an absence of two seasons, and were again welcomed as part of the family. The outstanding attribute of this hotel is the very high standard of service and the warmth of the family and staff in making you feel at home.

There really is no where better to stay!

Since our last visit, some significant building upgrades had occurred, and there are plans for even more. Re-modelling of the access to upper floors, renovations to rooms, improved wellness facilities (with more to come) and, as always, a superb kitchen continue to lift this hotel towards 5* status.

We come because we feel at home. Sandra & her family welcome you as friends to their hotel, and the staff also exude that same mindset. The food standard is extremely high, as is their wine cellar, and you are always in for a gastronomic experience each evening. You need the skiing just to shed the extra kilos! Why would you go anywhere else?

For us, their location is perfect at about 15 mins walk into town. The walk is easy, and allows you to stay removed from the party noise that happens in town each night. Enjoy a peaceful night's rest overlooking the wooded hillside. For those who prefer not to walk, the free bus comes along every 15mins or so and will whisk you anywhere in the village - or further - very quickly.

We have been coming here for more than a dozen years and look forward to many more.

Thankyou Familie Jehle-Katrein and staff!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Basel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We are just finishing up our trip to St Anton and the beautiful Hotel Gletscherblick. My husband booked this trip and made 2 mistakes: he forgot to mention we were bringing our 4 year old daughter and he had to changed the reservation last minute to leaving a day early due to business trip. The owner of the hotel was so gracious and didn't charge us for either mistake!!
This is a beautiful, family run hotel. We felt at home right away and it has some of the best customer service we have ever experienced in Europe. We booked a half board which included a delicious breakfast and each dinner was amazing!
The hotel has gorgeous views of the mountains and has so many nice amenities, including a sun terrace, gym, spa, and children's play room. They also do small things which add to the experience, such as a free cocktail in the early evening, hearty snacks in the afternoon, and the entire staff was so nice to our 4 year old!
I can't say enough good things about this hotel and we hope to come back! I wouldn't stay anywhere but this hotel if visiting the St. Anton area.

Room Tip: Rooms have gorgeous views of the mountains!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family